ESBI - Billview.comService never ordered

A ESBI / Billview.com monthly charge of $14.95 showed up on my Verizon phone bill 05/2009. I never heard of the company nor ordered any of their services.

In fact, I never heard of the company until I see the $14.95 charges of my phone bill.
Can anyone just tell Verizon to throw in the additional charges without my permission or knowledge ??

What is our consumer rights these days ?

• Ba
    bad_the_ba Oct 09, 2009

It is part of a scam operation, billview.com, odysseystreamingradio.com, OAN, ESBI, whatever it is that shows up on your bill cannot even be viewed by your actual provider. I know this because I have AT&T, first called their tech support, and all he could see were the charges for $14.95. The company responsible was blacked out on his end, and he had no way of disputing or canceling charges. The bill had a toll free number to call for OAN support, so I did end up canceling some "online streaming radio" service that I had never heard of or signed up for. The guys I got through to were middle eastern sounding and as many times as I asked I could not make out their names. They are saying I will be refunded for the last 3 months I have dealt with it. If nothing happens I will be giving the BBB a call. How can AT&T and Verizon have NO control over what companies use them to bill customers?

• Bm
    Bmiller1968 Oct 25, 2009

can anyone give me any new numbers for esbi

• So
    southernbred Dec 07, 2009

i recently got a bill from frontier telephone com. and a 14.95 chg was on my bill now for months. i thought it was from the company its self . i had had this problem before and placed a block on my account, i really thought i was safe but esbi orbit telecom got through again. so they generated alot of money off of me in the passed 6 months. so i called and they made it sound like it was my fault that i ordered it they had all my information. i dont give that out . how are we to protect ourselves against this kind of fraud? i would like to find a way to get my money back. i am tired of this kind of rip offs and taking hard working peoples money that they can afford to pay.

• Ca
    Cao Dec 28, 2009

Dear Esbi,

I had written mail, close Account Number: [protected] about charged MyteleservceMo Fee but not hear answer ? .Now I would like close and find a way to get my money back.

Thank you for your working hard.

• Ev
    Evil_CQ Jan 21, 2010

The worst part of this scam is when you contact Verizon they tell you by FCC law that must add this bogus billing to the bill. After complaining they did issue a credit for one month and then issued a "Block #" that the guy on the other end claims will only be 85% effective. I am still out a couple of hundred bucks having this bogus charge on my bill since I swithced to Verizon. I cannot wait to leave Verizon because I feel they are just as much at fault as the phantom company.

Chopperman83 Feb 03, 2010

Amen to Evil_CQ

These sleazeballs nailed me since May 2009. The service was never ordered or authorized. The service was never used. I kept wondering why my phone bill suddenly shot up and finally figured it out this evening.

I have a confirmation number from them, but I expect these dirtballs to keep it up for a while yet.

Time for Federal Regulations that actually PROTECT consumers.

Why can't I fully block all of these ###? How do they survive without getting prosecuted?

not a happy camper!!! Mar 04, 2010

i recently discovered it on my phone bill ESBI I called the #on my phone bill [protected] and complained . they said they will credit my account and block this service . I will have to be sure and check -up on it. not a happy camper!!!

not a happy camper!!! Mar 04, 2010

the phone # for ESBI that was on my phone bill is [protected] hope this is helpful. sent from not a happy camper!!!

• Th
    Thomas Gilfoil Aug 29, 2010

Century Link took over our phoneservice on 7/27/2010. I have received charges on all the bills from Century LInk for "Third Party" Long distance calls. After I paid the first bill I contacted Century Link and signed up for one of their bundled offerings which included Century Link Unlimited Long DIstance. The next bill I received I was charged for the Unlimited long distance by Century LInk and also charged by the Thrid Party Vendor USBI. Century LInk provides billing services for USBI. The USBI entity was somehow also involved with ONELINK COMM, INC.

I tried contacting USBI every time to be put on terminal hold

• Al
    AlicenWonderlan Feb 04, 2011

We get out local phone bill today for the landline and there's a strange billing on there for ENHANCED SERVICES from EZSAVR LLC for $14.95 plus tax. I'm like what the heck is this!?! So I called the number that was provided and it's some sort of buying service to get discounts, but I never authorized it. I wish I had a fax number. I would bombard them with black sheets. We have a Nation Do Not Call list...why can't we have a Block list so that this s#(+ can't get through! This is ridiculous that it can get put on our bills. I looked up their website: http://ezsavr.com/. They say "bargain that really pays off"...HA!...yeah, for them!!! And their contact page says:
    " EZsavr™ - If you have a question or concern about your account,
    visit our Frequently Asked Questions section for FAST ANSWERS to the most commonly asked questions.
    We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    Phone: [protected]
    or via the support contact form.

U.S. Headquarters
    EZsavr™
    7251 West Lake Mead Blvd., Ste. 300
    Las Vegas, NV 89128

And I did a search for them and got tons of hits where people have complained about them for years. Well I called them and after much repeating what I said and making "Frieda" repeat what she said because I couldn't understand her, they decided they would close my account and put a block on the number. But she refused to refund the money. So I called my local phone company and the girl there did a 3-way call. Funny...the girl that answered this second time was named "Sharon", but I swear she sounded exactly like "Freida" from the first call. Anyway there was again a bunch of repeating back & forth and Sharon says she will transfer us to the actual company for what we need. I can't remember this girls name but she sounded exactly like the first 2!!! But she did finally agree to give me a credit on the phone bill. So if you are dealling with these people, don't give up if they say no refund and get your local phone company involved and you will probably win out over the [censor] company.

• Di
    Diamond in the Rough Mar 06, 2011

What makes it okay that there is a "Federal Regulation" that allows some scam company to attach bogus charges for nothing the customer asked for or agreed to ?????? Then the customer is threatened with collection agencies which can possibly jeopardized someone's credit who has worked very hard ALL their life to pay their bills on time every time!!! What is happening with our Federal Government that they would even entertain this type of idea, let alone pass a Federal Regulation especially when, according to the above comments and conversations with our phone carriers, the scam companies seem to be from another country????? Maybe more of us Americans can become proprietors of such a scam company and become rich that way.

• Wh
    whersjustice Jul 22, 2011

I recieved a charge on my AT&T business account for $32.20!!! AT&T removed the charges and put a block on all 3rd parties. Not 100% safe from scams, but at least they are not getting easy money from me. Hope that everyone catches them and do not send them money.