Eruditor.comNot received goods / no reply to emails

F

After placing an order for £161, we haven't received any order confirmation.
We have emailed them twice over 2 weeks, with no reply.
After searching for their company name on Google, it appears there are several other customers with the same issue.
I have since found several wesbsites which look identical to www.eruditor.com and have the same contact details.

We have filled a complaint with PayPal, and hope to receive a full reund.

• Si
    Simon Nov 18, 2008

Thanks for this.

I was going to buy an order today for more than £200, I'm pleased I searched Google before paying.

Thank you!

Jonathan Liu Nov 27, 2008

I placed an order with them at the end of October and have been getting emails saying "your order has been delayed" every week or two. I'm considering taking this up with Paypal to get a credit as well. It's very disappointing since it was one of the few places I could find a particular book I've been looking for.

• Ri
    richard Dec 01, 2008

was going to order £200 books but now withdrawing

Jamesk 1 Aug 15, 2009

I to have placed an order with this company and have not received my book after 35 days, I have sent 3 emails which have all been totally ignored, encourage pay pal, visa and master card to put them on a banned list of companies and also request that google stop allowing them to advertise on the internet.

• Ha
    harynh Feb 09, 2010

Did Paypal give you a refund? I was recently scammed also

• Ni
    Nina F. Mar 13, 2010

I have used Eruditor once and found them to be reliable and honest. In Dec. 2009 I ordered a relatively obscure scientific book from Eruditor which nobody else stocked. The book arrived promptly within a week, but because of a misdescription in the publisher's catalogue it turned out not to be the edition we wanted, but one we could have bought from Amazon 18 pounds cheaper. Eruditor responded to our email immediately and in detail, even though it was during the holiday period between Christmas and New Year, and very promptly refunded us the 18-pound difference between their price and Amazon's price. I would therefore not hesitate to recommend them.

• Ce
    Cecilia Ch. Dec 13, 2010

I recently experienced the same they just keep delaying the dispatching date to distract me from filing a full complaint with paypal. I totally think that google should blacklist eruditor so as paypal. They are extremely bad seller that rip my money off.

• Ee
    EEvans Apr 24, 2012

I placed an order on March 8th, 2012 and never received a confirmation email or any notice of shipping. They don't respond to any emails, the website says that I have an account, which I didn't set up, but they won't email me my password. Paypal says that this dispute is outside of their provenance, so I think I'm basically out of luck. I was buying an out of print book and should have been clued in by the fact that they were selling it for the list price instead of higher and also by the fact that they didn't say how many they had in stock. I firmly believe that they are selling books that they do not have and just refusing to answer any emails. Stay away from this company!

• Bo
    Bogsnyd Jun 11, 2013

I ordered at book on the 15th of May and got an email saying that expected dispatch is on the 1th of July. I thought that was a long wait so gave them a call: the number is non-existing. Alarm! Ok so I went online to check out the Company and found the above complaints. Spread the Word, Eruditor is unreliable.

• Bo
    BobAA Nov 10, 2015

Agree with comments that they do not seem to reply and the same thread that the books are on back order and will be sent soon, now it is 5 months and I cant seem to be able to find an address to use for them or find there web site.
    Can any one help with a worth while address to send an email ???
    Do paypal still support them.
    Has any one seen a shop front in Hastins

• Co
    Conrad Isadore Dec 20, 2015

I have placed an order on Eruditor.com for an out-of-print book on 5/01/15. To date, I haven't received any communication from this company.They kept fobbing off the despatch date in order to prevent me from lodging a complaint with PayPal. Their website is down, no contact telephone, and no other means of contacting these crooks. A search of the web has revealed that a certain Mr. David Nebesky, and his equally nefarious partner-in-crime, a Ms. Lenka Nebeska, both residing in Hastings, as Directors of Eruditor. Shouldn't be too difficult for the specific division of the plod to find 'em..

• Ge
    George Morley Aug 24, 2017

Wish I had seen this earlier.I've just been had for $100+ Cndn. buying a genealogy software program called Genealone.No response from paypal yet!! Going to call police to see if they've heard of him.