EmpostDelivery of Passport

S

Hi,

I went to Empost agent in Deira for getting a passport for my new born son.Submitted my wife's passport there.They given back my passport.Next day I realized that the empost sticker they sticked to my pp instead of wife's pp.I informed them by mail.They informed me as they are doing the needful and already informed in the respected section in Indian embassy.I was doing the follow up and always they told the same.I was suppose to get my son's ne pp within maximum 10 working days normally.Since I didn't get after 15 days also I complained to embassy many times.At last embassy staff contacted me and informed as my passport was lying there without delivery location.I got my son's pp and mine after 22 days.Empost already taken money for delivering the same.I sent mail to empost again and nobody replied back and no response from them.
Because of one staff's carelessness I lost my 18 days.My friend applied at the same time from same office and got within 4 days.
I am feeling shame upon the way empost giving service to customers.
Regards,
Shibu

• Ni
    nirmalkhanna Sep 24, 2009

Hi,

I guess things like this happen everywhere.. specially if the empost staff who took your passport is an indian.. since this is customary in india.. at least you dont have to stick a 100 Rupees note in the passport here to get your papers moving.. you know what i mean.. dont you?

Nirmal

• Ka
    kakkumar Feb 16, 2011

HI,
    I applied for my new passport through Indian passport and visa service center, Karama on 6/2/2011. It was ready on 9/2/2011 and forwarded to Empost on the same day. But till today I haven't received my passport. Idon't know whether it is lost or my be they are going to deliver it after one year??

It is very shameful to the empost..
    Regards,