Eltman, Eltman & Cooper, P.C.A debt that was paid

On or around October of 2008 i began to receive phone call from Eltman & Eltman, about a debt owned to Citibank which i believed i paid off a few years ago. I talked with one of there agent's and i was told that my debt wasn't paid. I couldn't remember were i had put the paid in full letter i received from them, so i finally decided to write them a check for the balance on Friday the 20th of march and by Monday i had found the paid in full letter which they sent me, so i canceled the check and faxed them a copy of the paid in full letter. I started to second guess myself but luckily i still had my letter other wise i wouldn't have been able to prove i paid this debt.