Elias Consulting GroupScam and cheating

B

I signed a lease to rent an apartment with Elias Consulting Group. They are a corporate leasing company. If you have a problem renting an apartment with you credit, Elias Consulting group will lease the apartment for you in their company's name. You are required to pay Elias monthly and they are to pay the apartment complex on your behalf. I had to pay $1600.00 monthly to Ken Elias, during the last six months, I found out from the leasing office that he has not paid since September of 2006. I was not aware of this until I received an eviction notice on March 12, 2007. I was told that he has not paid the rent in 6 months. During this time period, I paid money to his company. I tried to call him to find out what was going on, but his company's phone number was disconnected. He also moved from the business address where I signed the lease. I had to pay an additional $5400.00 to avoid being evicted in March of 2007. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and with the attorney general's office. I have contacted a lawyer, but at this time, I can not afford any attorneys. I was wondering if any has any idea how I can recover any of my money lost. The apartment complext has been working with me since my kids are still in school. I'm sure I not the only person that fell victim to this company. I'm out of around $9, 700 not including my $1, 600 security deposit.