The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Elegant Rags — Sick kittens
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I am posting this, as I want people to be BEWARE of falling for lovely photographs of beautiful kittens, posted for sale on the Internet, AND TO STOP PEOPLE HAVING TO GO THOUGH WHAT WE ARE STILL GOING THROUGH.
I WAS TAKEN IN... after losing my 20 year old Ragdoll.
Also to NEVER BUY ANIMALS without seeing them first, ... AND NEVER BE AS STUPID AS I WAS.
THIS IS FOR ALL THE SICK ANIMALS WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM THIS BREEDER, AND ESPECIALLY FOR MAX... MIA STILL NEEDS OUR PRAYERS...
Having lost our 20 year old cat 6 months ago, we have an 18 year old Ragdoll, who was
and still is, sadly missing her life long friend, so I actively was looking for a Ragdoll, or two Ragdoll babies, perusing the Internet for reputable breeders.
I know the thing to do is actually go to the breeders personally, you can only hope the breeders are legitimate,
breed for the love of the breed, . but Ragdoll cats are not in abundance, especially in Florida.
After finding a few breeders, I decided to call a few. One of the breeders I called, was ...
JESSICA PERRY, who I inevitably ended up purchasing from. She lives in South Carolina. ELEGANTRAGS.
After numerous calls to her, and emails, asking general questions, I left it for 2 weeks, then found myself looking at her site again, and yet again I called. She sent me extra photographs, and both my husband and I decided on 2 kittens.
I paid for them in full on the 6th October, $2, 000.00 unaltered, and we met the flight.
Of course when we received them we were so excited, and the first thing I said to my husband, was the male, wasn't breathing properly, and he was coughing.The female seemed very traumatized, and scared.
We got them home, and settled them down, in a separate room from our 18 year old cat.
It became apparent, however, that Max's breathing was not quite normal. and they both had worms.
By the next day Sunday, after Max had been running, with Mia, a little, he would seem to catch his breath, and have somewhat labored breathing, and and they were both sneezing and had, runny eyes.
I called the breeder, and explained the situation, and told her I would be taking them both to the Vet, first thing on Monday morning, which
I did, and they were both diagnosed with an Upper Respiratory Infection, and they were put on Amoxicillin anti-biotic. and given a worm treatment.
I called the breeder, as I knew she had other cats and kittens, but she said none of her other cats were showing symptoms.
Of course we wore gloves, and changed our clothes when we handled the kittens, because our 18 year old Ragdoll was now subject to infection, HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING.
After 5 days of anti-biotic's there seemed to be no great improvement to either, with Max fairing the worse of the two.
Off to the Vet again, and Max had an X-Ray which was not conclusive for Pneumonia., although he now had deep raspy breathing at times.They were both put on a stronger anti-biotic, which was Azithromycin.
I again called the breeder, and informed her of the outcome again of the Vet's appointment. They both seemed to respond to this anti-biotic, but Max then seemed to take a turn again for the worse, with breathing difficulties, rasping, and losing his appetite, along with labored breathing, sometimes 80 or more breaths a minute.
Making an appointment for another X-ray, the X-Ray revealed Pneumonia. Max had a complete blood profile also, and it revealed he was anemic, was running a temperature of 105, was dehydrated, needed inhalation
therapy, and SQ fluids.
He tested negative for Panleukemia. Max was given 2 different anti-biotic medications.
Max had a re-check, and oxygen/inhalation therapy. Mia had vaccines, as it was unclear if any had been given to her. my Vet, stated the symptoms, especially with Max, would have been apparent, before the hours flight, the breeder kept telling me it must have been stress that instigated this.
Max had inhalation therapy, he remains weak and fragile. He is given a 25% change of survival.
I am going to the Vet every other day, for inhalation therapy for Max, where he is put into an incubator to help his breathing. Prognosis remains guarded. Though he is starting to eat a little more, with coaxing.
... Long term prognosis, if Max gets through this, remains unknown, as he is obviously
genetically challenged. Vet bills are on-going...Up-to-date they are approx, $900.00 and rising, every other day.
I have not called the breeder since the 18th October, and she has not called me, to ask about the welfare of the kittens.
Max had inhalation therapy, more anti-biotics were prescribed, Max is not getting better, and remains weak.
Max had inhalation therapy, his breathing at times appears to be more labored, and he catches his breath, with movement.
Max arrives for inhalation treatment, and he crashed at the Vet's office, with his gums turning blue. 100% air, could not stop fully the gasping for air.
We, on the advise of the Vet, put him down... to stop the pain and suffering, that was evident he would never recover from.
Max died on this day.
UP-DATE ON MIA
Received results on Mia's blood test, 11/20/08 .
Mia tested POSITIVE for CORONOVIRUS
I had never heard of FIP, having had cats all of my life, but I have never had more than 3 cats at a time.
Breeders however, are well aware of the hazards of having a Coronavirus FIP infected cattery, SO I AM TOLD.
Mia continues to have problems... Yesterday Nov. 23rd we had to take her to the Emergency room, as she had diarrhea and sickness,
for the 2nd day, I was told she could have Coronavirus Enteritis. She was given Cerenia, but continued to have diarrhea all last night.
She remains off her food, and drinks a little. I made a call to our Vet to see what course of action must be taken.
My 18 year old, is not eating for the 2nd day, but drinks. She has also vomited... yesterday.
She remains lethargic, and then restless, and roams around crying. today.
Kiki had a complete blood profile done in August, with a clean bill of health incidentally.
The last 7 weeks has and continues to be a living Nightmare... I continue to fear for their lives.
I am looking at the ashes of Max, and praying my other two will not end up the same way...
It is more than I can bare to think of it... The outcome remains unknown, uncertain and heartbreaking.
UP-DATE MARCH 11th 2009
Mia continues to have problems and health issues, she is still trying to heal from being neutered 2 months ago, when the Vet deemed her fit enough to have the operation.
Yesterday she was back at the Vet's office, as she has one cloudy eye, that has discolored the Iris. This could be the onset of F.I.P.
She is on anti-biotics and steroids yet again. And so it continues...
PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE YOU... I AM SORRY TO SEE THERE ARE OTHER COMPLAINTS ALSO. BUT YOU DID GIVE ME THE INCENTIVE TO POST THIS. I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY US.
I HOPE MORE PEOPLE COME FORWARD, AS SHE REALLY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.