Elegant BridesRude/ Lies / Agressive Manner

FEB 2010

Hi, This is to help any brides who are looking to purchase a wedding Dress!!
AVOID Elegant Brides!... Debbie the owner treated myself and my mum so badly im still in complete shock! I should have realised what she was like as someone who continually calls you BABE, BABY, Sweety, Lovey there is something wrong!
We found a dress in the sales and DEBBIE the owner/Manager sent the dress of for dry cleaning as we wanted to ensure the dress came up ok as was slightly dusty!! We arranged the second appoinment for fitting of the dress for the following Sat subject to how the dress came up after cleaning!
The dress had cleaned up ok and I was ready to purchase the dress at the agreed price. Then when i told DEBBIE that i wouldnt need a underskirt as my friend was lending me hers DEBBIES attitude changed completely. She said MY designer wont allow that you have to rent (£60) or buy (£120) or she wont alter the dress. So i said what if i dont want a vail from here either... HER REPLY... Well then you cant have it altered here as all bridal shops wont alow you to bring in your own underskirts or veils!! (A LOAD OF RUBBISH) !! Ive checked this out with several bridal shops and all were very happy for me to bring my own underskirt or veil in!! Debbie was so rude when being questioned on this and she was very aggressive towards my mum with her tone of voice and approch towards her!! Very scary lady!! I tried to calm debbie down but she just wouldnt lisen and said get out of my shop i can sell the dress over and over again and continued on with slander towards myself and my mum!! We left the shop in complete shock of what expeirence we had just had! SHOCKING!
All i can say is she was offering a dress at a sale price and was making her money bck by trying to make you have everything else from her at top price!! Thats way she wins all round!
So please girls... Take note as this was the worst experience if my life on whats meant to be a lovely time for both mother and daugter!
If you contact Debbie at elegant brides check out the extra charges as she wont tell you until its to late and you have fell in love with a dress!!
Thanks