El Dorado JewerlyBad business practices

I purchased a 14k gold 5kt diamond ring for $350.00 4/06 and put it on layaway. Me and my male friend was sorta business but didn't forget about the ring. We started making payments and I was sending money orders to them by mail. My friend decided to surprise me and pick up the ring due to my birthday 12/21/07. I knew exactly what the ring look like. However, someone switched the ring and it was not the ring it was too big for my finger and it look like a mans ring. We informed the employee immediately and wanting to speak to the owner to no avail those employees have been given us the run around.When we finished making all of the payments, we wound up paying $555.00.Me and my friend have been making separate payments and I recorded every payments and have the money orders. My friend was not fully aware the balance was $55.00 and on the store receipt the balance was $190.00 and the employee charged him on his credit card. Whomever the owner is he never took the courtesy to return my call either when I left my telephone number with the employee. They never recorded our payments on the receipt but just took our money. As of now 1/29, I no longer want the ring and do not want to go to that store to purchase anything in return. My friend referred this matter to his attorney and they certified a letter to them requesting them that we want our money refunded back to us in full and if they do not comply they will advise him of his legal rights.