EdenpureBad heater

L

I purchased 3 EdenPure heaters. They were all very loud and all broke shortly after the warranty period. I tried to contact the company, but all i got was the run around. Do not buy this heater!!!

More Edenpure Complaints & Reviews

• Je
    jerryH39 Jan 10, 2017

These Eden pure heaters are really, really bad. DO NOT EVER BUY THIS BRAND OF HEATER. EDENPURE IS A TRUE SCAM. I spent $200+ and only got 20 hours of use out of it before the elements burned out. They, along with Sylvania ought to go to JAIL. The Government must look into this company. They are stealing from HARD WORKING PEOPLE.

• St
    StoneCold1 Jan 25, 2014

I bought one of these heaters and is stopped making heat after one year. I sent an email to the address that came with the documentation and it bounced. Although it has a 5 year warranty it seems impossible to use it.

JohnJohnMichael Oct 24, 2013

WOW I read all the bad you people are saying about the heaters but most aren't saying what model they have the problem with. I have had great luck with my EdenPURE USA1000 Maybe because it was made in the USA not China like most of the other heaters on the market. I have had 3 of them for overs 2 years and have had not one problem. So please if your going to write bad reviews about a company say what model your writing about.

• St
    STOCKWIS Mar 06, 2013

ONLY ONE WORD WILL DESCRIBE THIS HEATER IT SUCKS I PUT IT IN A ROOM 5 FT BY 7 = 35 FT TEMP WAS 28 ROOM TEMP 27 RAN ALL NIGHT DO NOT BYE AGAIN DO NOT BYE AND THIS UNIT WAS REPLACED LAST YEAR NEVER USED TILL NOW REMEMBER THE WORD IT SUCKS JUST GO TO THE BANK GET ALL 1S BURN THEM YOU WILL HAVE BETTER HEAT

• Li
    Lisa Hun Jul 02, 2012

MarkWW,
    The Eden Pure heaters are not made to be used as a primary source of household heat. They are made to supplement your main source of heat.

• La
    LaurenLL Jul 02, 2012

The owner's manual says that they cannot be used with a surge protector. Did they offer to fix it under the warranty?

• Mi
    MIchaelE Apr 26, 2012

I bought EdenPure heater, but it is not working properly and melted my surge protector. I called their customer service and provided them with copy of receipt. But anyway they refused to give me a refund.

• Ba
    bad-heaters Mar 23, 2012

EdenPure heaters are nothing but a big waste of money. They are "ok" if you aren't relying on them for everyday heat. Our first one got sent back quite a few times before they told us that there was a "reset", first of all why would a brand new heater need to be reset in the first place and second of all why would you need to reset it period (unless there was a power bump or it's an older heater)? I get much better results from a heater that I bought from Walmart. We ended up with a Gen 4 from my parents and we put that one in our living room and we used it for the winter with OK results but once I turned it down because we had a warm day, it hasn't worked since... *sigh* I just tried calling the customer service and after being on hold for about 5 minutes there was a message that came on for me to leave my name and number, whatever. I find it ironic that there is a message on their customer service page "Success follows when people come first!"... yeah, right...

Joe Kalina Mar 11, 2012

I bought Eden Pure in the past and I was happy with them although I had to get one replaced but the last one I bought which was the GEN 4 is pure junk that I am exchanging for the 3 rd time and then when the 1 yr warranty is up I'm stuck with it and they will not let me exchange it for ether for an older model which they have on hand or a newer model which they claim they don't have but they really do and I was willing to pay extra, but no deal, so now when it quits I will be stuck

MarkWW Nov 05, 2011

Do NOT buy these heater (or their clones)...Quartz heaters just are not suitable for household heating, unless you're in a 80 sq/foot sealed room!! Also, , guess what your insurance adjuster will tell you if you find yourself sifting through a rubble pile because of these contraptions??

• Ti
    tiredamerican Oct 31, 2011

and so are the days of our lives

jondo Jun 29, 2011

If the LP gas man dont get you, the power company will, you cant win. I got the heaters, thought they were great till i got my power bill. i cussed out the power company, now i dont think i should have.

sandra pruitt Feb 15, 2011

my husband bought 4 heaters to save on our electric bill instead our bill went alot higher than last year they are no good I would not recommend them to anyone a waste of money always a gimmick to get you to buy it do not buy them.

Mrs pruitt

• On
    Once Burned, Twice Shy Feb 11, 2011

This product and company needs to have a little light shined on it. Try to get some tv time. Also it wouldn't hurt to start sending e-mails to newspapers across the country so that your experiences will end up on the editorial page. One person can make a difference. Imagine what could be accomplished with several people.
    I have been convinced to spend my money else where. Here is the first $300.00 Eden Pure (?) won't be entering in their profit column. Thanks to all who contributed !!!
    Once Burned Twice Shy

• Co
    Connie Rosenbaum Dec 31, 2010

I too have their product GEN4. Problems since opening the package! Unit will not stay on! Customer Service said Warranty was not good because I received unit as a gift and I didn't know the purchasers information. Unit was made 09/10 as per label on back and my booklet says I have a 5 year warranty, but was told that I can not have the warranty and they can not do anything for me because of NOT ENOUGHT INFORMATION. Please don't waste you money on making these guys rich.

• Co
    Cold in Oregon Dec 18, 2010

I have a new Gen 4 heater, 1 week old. Power went out to house and now heater no longer produces heat. Called customer service (only live voice I heard), was transferred to "hold", total over half hour where I was told how important my call was and given option to leave my number for them to call me back. Finally gave in and left my phone number for them to call back. After almost 4 hours no call back, now they're closed. Maybe they'll call Monday? I won't hold my breath. I think I wasted $395.

Earlier made two email inquiries prior to receiving the heater as to shipping of new unit, neither were ever answered or acknowledged. Unit did finally arrive. I guess this was a portend of what to expect from their customer service.

• Do
    Dominar Dec 08, 2010

I too purchase a heater . The heater has a 3 year warranty.
    My heater's motor burned out in
    two years. The heater was only used Dec to March, once a year. So I only used it for 8 months in a 3 year period. The 3rd year it did not come on. They sent me a new heater in
    Dec 09. The heater worked only 4 months .
    When I contacted them, they told me the warranty ran out . They told me I would have
    to fix it my self or buy another one. I told them
    that was not fair to replace my heater with a
    defective unit and not stand behind their product. Their reply was I should take it to
    a True Value dealer. They were helping me by telling me where i could get it fixed. ost help That's the best they could do ! I paid 400 dollars
    for nothing . They kept saying I got my money worth! THEY SUCK!

charlieO Dec 02, 2010

I bought mine in October of '08 and in the following January, it died. Sent it back in original box with a preauthorization at company expense; got the replacement and it lasted the remainder of cold weather.
    In September I turned it on and only the blower worked, no heat. I had to pay for a return box $$, but shipped
    back free. There is an exchange form that supposedly shipped with unit and I failed to keep track of it and did not use it. Bad move, they did not have record of their receiving the unit back. I had to provide UPS tracking number
    of which they verified. I was sent an exchange within a week. This unit makes noises the other units did not.
    When the warranty runs out it may make a nice end table...Will not buy another one. I wish I had bought a couple portable radiators instead.

• Kr
    krumpett Oct 29, 2010

Wow, I WAS thinking about one for a room for a handicapped person. I am now rethinking the idea completely. THANKS to ALL.

• Bo
    bophead Oct 24, 2010

Bought one in 07, lasted a year, sent it back, used it one year, went bad. It did work in 09 but here in 2010, it is acting up.
    Edenpures are junk that look nice. I spent $400 on a piece of junk that doesn't last, meanwhile my little $30 heater is 10 years old plus.

• Wi
    wizzer Feb 19, 2010

Bought the Eden Pure Signature moded A3713 120 V 60 HZ 15oo W it was recommended to us. We bought the unit 1/8/10 it quit working 2/18/10 looks like the motor burned up it really smelled like an electrical fire was getting ready to happen. Could not return to the place of purchase due to being over 30 days. Contacted the company they said need to send to them for repair. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I will NEVER purchase anything this company has to offer.

• Sl
    Slick willy Jan 22, 2010

Dont buy EdenPure heaters, i worked there, they always break down, we get as many returns as we send out. and they are a bunch of ###s. i cant believe how they talk to us employees, and how they treat costomers on the phone. the real criminals here are the company and its managers, we get talked to like dawgs, i just quit. i have a sun twin and a 500 and they cant heat ###. i see my dad stand directly in front of it cause hes cold, your better off with a heating pad. just find another heater thats cheaper. if u send for parts ull likely be waiting a long time to get it. the comoany is poorly run and everyone is there to get ahead of everyone, thank you for your time everyone

• Ri
    riverratttt99 Jan 04, 2010

also have this expensive junk heaters. its 2 years old. and i have a wood insert, which i only use the heater on really cold mornings, to warm things up till the insert gets cooking. this high quality piece of crap, doesn't work, sometimes it comes on and heats, only after unplugging it, or reseting it, sometimes it doesn't work at all. haven't seen any trouble shooting ideas, or anything like that.. i notified the company, and since warrenty has expired.. basically tough sh*t. would of been better off to buy a cheapie $50.00 heater.. i guess this is another fine peice of imported sh*t !! so beware, if youre thinking of buying one of these high quality pieces od sh*t !!!

• Cr
    crytrexl Dec 29, 2009

purchased one for my basment. brochure says 1.5 kw per hour. I added it up to roughly 3.00 per day if it ran all the time. I was hoping that since unit was in basement that the heat downstairs would help upstairs. My light bill was exactly 99.00 higher because of this unit. The company has a pretty good set up 30 day money back guarantee. It take about 40 days to get your first light bill. I can heat cheaper with a propane heater. This is a [email protected]*@[email protected] piece of a equipment.

• Wa
    Wanda Jan 27, 2009

I thought they were suppose to save money, my electric bill went from 83 to 200 in two months. They are not a cheap heating system. I am putting mine in moth balls. It is cheaper to pay the extra propane then my bill keep going up.

manderson Dec 11, 2008

I purchased two of the edenpure heaters as well. One of the units has been sent back twice for repairs and the other one once. The unit that I sent in twice is no longer working. I came home from work one day to find the front panel was partially melted from the unit over heating. I am just happy that it didn't burn down my house. I tried to contact the company but just got the run around. I think the eden pure heaters are poorly made products and they need to have a recall of them before one does burn down someones home. They are a horrible company to have to deal with.