Econolodgebugs, customer service, ammenities

C Review updated:

I recently booked a reservation through Travelocity at the Melbourne Econolodge for Friday, June 12th. Upon arrival at 10pm we were met with a line that was out the door waiting to check in. While we were waiting in line, four separate parties who had just checked in came in complaining that there were no sheets or towels. A fifth person came in and canceled his reservations after he too found no sheets or towels in his room as well as only having one bed instead of two. After 45 minutes of waiting I finally checked in.

When I entered the room I found that not only were there no sheets or towels, but there were no drinking cups, pillowcases, or even toilette paper. Outraged, I went back to the desk which assigned me to a new room that they assured me “was 100% ready” because they “had just been there”. Upon entering the new room I found that there were no pillowcases and found two dead bed bugs in each of the two beds (our reservation was for one king). Again, I went to the desk and they said they would send pillowcases right up, not even addressing the bugs or the bed. Now, at 11:30, after waiting 20 minutes with no pillowcases I went up to the desk and demanded a refund. Bridgette at the front desk assured me she would refund the money to my card after she took care of the now much longer line of people. Completely frustrated and exhausted from the non-existence of customer service and dealing with the incompetence of the Econolodge staff, I stormed out never to return.

I have stayed at Econolodge before but I have never had such a terrible experience. To make matters worse it has been over two weeks and I have not yet been refunded my money as I was promised.

• M
      Apr 02, 2009
    Econolodge - Unacceptable conditions and service
    EconoLodge
    1297 E. Wood ST.
    Paris
    Tennessee
    Phone: [protected]

We had a 2 night reservation 10/22 - 10/24/08 at the Paris, Tn. 38242 Econolodge. After a full day's drive we checked in the late afternoon. We were assigned a room # 115. I assume we were the only people staying there as was the entire parking lot was empty. We went to the room and there was dog feces immediately outside the door. We did not bring our bags in and promptly went back to the desk and complained. The receptionist assured us that it would be cleaned up immediately. We then went to dinner.
    Upon returning to the hotel 1 1/2 hours later the feces was still not cleaned. I went back to the desk and again complained and wanted to leave. The receptionist got the manager, Tanya. Tanya, at that time, was in the lounge. She, instead of taking immediate action and having it cleaned or offering us another room, blew us off and then instructed the desk clerk to charge me for one night only. And she did as I was billed on my credit card. I left disgusted with this hotel. I would not recommend EconoLodge with this type of customer service. I would rather sleep in my vehicle. Thank you. I should mention that the receptionist was very nice. The manager should be counselled and retrained in customer service and satisfaction or terminated.

• A
      Apr 02, 2009

I went to one on the way to Florida- years ago. There were ANTS in the room. Not just one ant. But a group of ANTS. Never again will I go to an econo lodge. I can't even believe they are still around.

• C
      Jun 26, 2009

no sheets or towels

• C
      Jun 26, 2009

sorry, new here, didn't mean to comment on my own complaint

• J
      Apr 15, 2010
    Econolodge - unhappy custmer
    EconoLodge
    Middletown
    Rhode Island

I had an overnight stay at the EconoLodge in Middletown, RI in March 2017. During the evening the rain had come down heavy and only to awake to the parking lot full of bits and pieces of the shingles from the roof causing the debris to fall and hit the cars in the parking lot and my car alone has significant damage. My car is black so this really stands out and it is only a 2017 vehicle. I am pushing to get my repairs covered by the hotels insurance company, but Mr. Patel is not very helpful and it is very frustrating.

• B
      Mar 31, 2011
    Econolodge - Injury (Rib Fracture) Sustained; Nothing done
    Econolodge
    900 I-70 Dr.
    Columbia
    Missouri
    Phone: [protected]

I stayed at the Econolodge in Columbia, MO. for almost 3 weeks, spending well over $1000. During that time, I sustained a rib fracture from the slick bathtub. I notified employees of the hotel, but nothing was ever done. I have the ER documentation and the days I was at the hotel. Ever since then, everyone I have dealt with has been EXTREMELY rude. A gentleman hung up on me when I asked for his employee number. I am tired of being treated so appallingly, am in pain (was prescribed Norco), have a witness to the injury, and am going to contact an attorney first thing in the morning. I have tried to be nice, but no one will help me. All documentation is available upon request.

• D
      Mar 31, 2011

How did you get injured? Was something faulty at Econolodge?

• M
    Econolodge - REFUSAL OF CC FOR ROOM
    ECONOLODGE
    Big Cabin
    Oklahoma

MY SON HANDED HIS CELL PHONE OVER TO THE DESK CLERK, SO I COULD BOOK HIM A ROOM. SHE REFUSED TO TAKE MY CC INFO OVER THE PHONE. MY SON IS NOW SLEEPING IN HIS CAR IN THE PARKING LOT OF A NEARBY WAL-MART. WHY WAS THIS ALLOWED, WHEN I KNOW FOR A FACT, THAT 99% OF THE RESERVATIONS THAT ARE MADE ARE DONE OVER THE PHONE USING A CC. AND NO, THERE WERE ROOMS AVAILABLE. IF ANYTHING AT ALL HAPPENS TO MY SON, I WILL HAVE MY ATTORNEY CONTACTING YOURS. THIS WAS TOTALLY UNAVOIDABLE., THE DESK CLERK WAS RUDE, AND WOULDN'T EVEN LISTEN TO EVERYTHING I HAD TO SAY. OH, I KNOW THAT 1 TYPE OF EACH ROOM IS HELD DUE TO T HE POSSIBILITY OF OVERBOOKING OR A POSSIBLE MAINTENANCE PROBLEM. IN THIS MORNINGS CASE, SHE JUST DIDN'T WANT TO DO HER JOB.

MARILYN BALGORD
    [protected]

• L
      Oct 10, 2013

"THIS WAS TOTALLY UNAVOIDABLE" So why are you complaining if your realize it was unavoidable? As a young man, I slept in my car many times - it didn't kill me.

• I
      Oct 10, 2013

As the others have stated - when you book a room over the phone, you use the credit card to hold the reservation but a card MUST be presented when checking in. This was completely avoidable, had you or your son done a bit of homework ahead of time.

• R
      Oct 10, 2013

The only thing stupider that calling an attorney for an issue like this is posting your name and phone number on an Internet complaint board.

• D
      Oct 10, 2013

At this moment I am staying in an Econolodge in Kansas City, and everything everyone has told you is correct. You must present the credit card upon check in.