Menu
Ebony Magazine / Ebony Media Operations
reviews & complaints

Ebony Magazine / Ebony Media Operations
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

14 complaints
5 resolved 9 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ebony Magazine / Ebony Media Operations. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:25 pm EDT

Ebony Magazine / Ebony Media Operations - unable to reach the by phone

I tried to contact the mag by phone and all the numbers had no live person to talk to or reach. And the voice mails are always full so a message can't be left. When I went to the Ebony contact page, after filling in my contact info and writing a note to explain my problem, when I clicked on the 'send' button it would not send. I feel this mag is going under, no longer cares about their subscribers and are ripping some of us off. I just wanted to change my address but with no one handling business in a professional way, now II want out. Will be contacting my AMX to get my money back.

12:46 pm EDT

Ebony Magazine / Ebony Media Operations - I was sent a magazine that I did not subscribe to.

Hello my name is angela today I received your april/may ebony issue with gabrielle union on the front this was a surprise to me because I never subscribe to ebony at anytime not through email or your website or snail mail... So I am a little annoyed of getting this magazine because if I am getting your magazine that means some how ebony was able to get my personal name and address and send their magazine to me and just expect me to pay for it without permission. Thats identity theft. I would like my name to be taken off of your subscriptions list. This is not ok. I have tried to call the customer service number but I can not seem to get in touch with anyone.
My email is [email protected] please someone contact me because I do not want to be charged for something I did not pay for.
Angela.

J
12:21 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I stopped receiving my subscription in late 2015/early 2016. (I've lost track because of some ongoing health problems.) I've contacted them by email several times to see what the problem was & to date, haven't received a response. What made me remember this now is seeing an email for their digital subscription, which I never signed up for. I'll never give...

4:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Im pastor, Antonio Brinson I'm army veteran who is disable in wheelchair I was in terrible car accident hit by dwi driver I'm a freelance model and actor im strong, determine, ambitious and have vision I'm representing all disable people to let them know that you can do anything if you can believe then you will receive. Here's my phone number:347-286-6641...

12:00 pm EST

Ebony Magazine / Ebony Media Operations - magazine subscription

I have subscribed to Ebony magazine for several years and noticed in 2016 delivery became very sporadic and eventually stopped completely in 2017.There seem to be no recourse to contact the company all listed numbers provide no reply.I am currently disputing auto charge billed to my card in 2017. Having seen several similar complaints I am hoping that the company will act in good faith and address this abysmal customer service.

1 comment
Sep 21, 2018 2:27 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am having the same issue. The ONLY reply I can get is from digital print who has been unable to get someone in print to contact. Unacceptable. My last subscription was Kevin Hart in Fall 2016 but I am paid up until 2019

E
3:43 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our Ebony subscription which is to go to January 2020 has not been sent to us since October/November 2016. Calling, emailing and snail mailing unanswered. Now the phone numbers listed are all out of service: 312-322-9200 515-243-3273 800-999-5954 How do we get the magazines sent to: SCI CAMP HILL LIB ATTN LIB P.O. BOX 8837 CAMP HILL PA 17001-8837

9:30 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have not received my magazine in the mail since dec 2016. There is no one to contact, i have sent numerous emails, no one has reached out to me. There is no phone number for ebony. What in the world is going on. I have requested a refund on numerous occasions, please someone contact me. This is not professional at all. A loyal ebony subscriber for over 30 years. Valerie hall [email protected]

9:00 am EDT

Ebony Magazine / Ebony Media Operations - ebony magazine

My subscription expires September 2018. The last issue I received in January 2017 was dated September 2016. I am unable to contact anyone because all the published telephone numbers are out-of-service, even the one with the Better Business Bureau of Chicago. The excuses given the last time I was able to make contact was problems with the vendor responsible for delivering the magazine by mail and the absence of additional copies of any issue to send forward as replacement. That excuse has worn thin and no longer holds weight at any level.

Why am I and other subscribers being cheated? Deliver the magazine on time, including all missing issues or refund the price of the subscription.

12:46 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Magazine being sent to Jackie Catoe @ 4311 W.County Road 115 LOTA Midland, TX 79706-3437 #BXNBPRS 'AUTO""SCH 5-DIGIT 79701 MIX CO EBY0055586275/6# Please discontinue this subscription immediately as I did not order this subscription or authorize anyone else to do so.

4:03 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been receiving Ebony magazines for the last two years almost and I haven't even subscribed for no Ebony magazines! I would like for this to stop immediately because I have stacks of magazines in my closet that I don't even need! Please look into this as soon as possible and put a stop to this! If any personal information is needed as far as my name...

2:01 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is the second magazine I have received without subscribing to it. I am caucasion, why would I want Ebony magazine. Don't even know how they got my name and unable to reach a person @ m2magazine!!

8:01 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called Ebony Magazine to cancel the subscription, which was never answered and was told I had to contact M2Magazines by email. This is the second magazine they have sent to me which was unsolicited. Please make them STOP!

8:19 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the evening of Feb. 6, 2009 a salesman showed up at the front porch of my residence, explaining to me the he was a sales agent representing yoli & associates, inc. By purchasing a subscription from him in the amount of $43.00 would help him gain points to earn money towards a scholarship to apply at any college he wanted. I took the time to listen to hi...

12:00 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

December 2007 I received a bill of $12.00 subscription for an order of Ebony Magazine. On January 2008 I then received a Magazine from Ebony. In the bill it doesn't have a telephone number to call or an address to write too. I never ordered that magazine I don't need to order them because I don't read magazine or order any type of magazines. I knew right...

Ebony Magazine / Ebony Media Operations contacts