E.A.T. Shares/SalesTimeshare Scam

Hang up the phone if you get a call from this company or from a Mr. Marc Roberto. Mr. Roberto called me with an offer to purchase my timeshare and promised that I would receive a contract of sale within one week of sending my signed contract and secured funds. I did not get the contract of sale and when I called the company for assistance, Mr. Roberto was never available. I cannot get any response from the company and am quite sure they are doing nothing now that they have my money. Do not fall for this scam. It is merely another timeshare ripoff.

• Ea
    EATSales Victum_2009 Sep 08, 2009

You could also hear from Mr. Reynolds, Mr Micheals, and others. The mailings office is actually a UPS Store box, not a "suite". If you ask for the refund they will say sure, take your name and address and never call you back.

I something could be done about these guys

• Wh
    whyme? Sep 14, 2009

I just got a call from him.

This is the # he left, but I bet he won't call you back. I think he screens his calls and only calls people who HAVEN"T sent him money yet.

[protected]

I urge all of you who have been scammed to report it. I am not familiar with Florida agencies, but try a Consumer Fraud Protection, State Attorney General, Better Business Bureau.

Good luck. Thank you all for posting. You saved me.

• Fl
    flip60901 Sep 17, 2009

I have a question. If its so bad why hasnt anybody filed a complaint with the BBB. If you look the BBB website and type in E.A.T. shares, they dont have a complaint against them. So tell me that please.

• Wh
    whyme? Sep 18, 2009

From the BBB website:

"BBB's goal is to successfully resolve complaints involving buyers and sellers in a fair and timely fashion. This includes complaints involving consumer-to-business and business-to-business transactions that involve the advertisement and/or sale of a product or service. Information concerning the nature and resolution of complaints filed with BBB is used in developing BBB Reliability ReportsTM on companies...BBB generally does not handle complaints which are more effectively handled by other government or private agencies or the legal system".

Everyone above is urged to lodge a complaint with the BBB, but since E.A.T. doesn't respond to its own customer's calls and concerns, why would a company (BBB) that only acts as a mediator (not punitive) get better service?

E.A.T. needs to be reported to legal authorities. Period.

• Do
    Don't fall for it Oct 01, 2009

I did file a complaint with the BBB on this company. the complaint number is #[protected]. I filed the complaint with no expectation that the BBB could help but so there would be a complaint on file. I don't know why it isn't showing up. It was filed on September 4, 2009.

For everyone wanting some relief. I agree that ALL should file complaints with the Florida State Attorney General. Also call Timothy Owens at [protected]. This is the person who filed voluntary dissolution papers with the Florida State Department and the number shows as Transatlantic Timeshares.

• Fe
    feerefund Oct 05, 2009

If you want to lodge as many complaints as possible against timeshare resale crooks, visit refundmyupfrontfee.com.They can do it for you, and help get a refund, but they also give you the tools needed to do it yourself if you prefer.

marvin brodie Jan 15, 2010

I filed a complant with Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.They said TransAtlantic Timeshares are no longer in business, if thats not true send me the address and phone number and file your complant [email protected] ( please reply) [protected]