E & R Collections / James & PicorellyLady of America acct - harassment

K

I received a call from "Jessica" regarding my Lady of America account. She stated I owe $333.00 and that I needed to pay immediately or appear in court on 11/24/08. She informed me that my debit card had expired, preventing the gym from automatically debiting my payments. This was true, however, it was an inadvertent oversight on my part. I told her I would be glad to have the payments continue to be debited until the contract was satisfied, but she refused, threatened me with legal action and court fees exceeding $2000.00! I tried to reason w/ her, yet she continued to be extremely rude. I asked for her company's information, and she told me "Gengsis National Lawyer." Eventually, this woman hung up on me. This naturally distressed and concerned me, as I definitely don't want my credit affected. I called the manager of the gym, she said she'd call them to see if they would work a payment plan out w/ me. They called me back, I spoke w/ "Magge Benefield" at ext. 37 - she told me I had to pay $120.00 immediately and 2 wks later pay the remainder of the balance. I told her this wasn't possible for me, could we make another arrangement, and she said no, the bank wouldn't allow this. Eventually she advised me she would see me in court on 11/24/08. Then...I received a letter from Financial Fitness advising me that the case had been turned over to "E & R Collections." The number they gave me was disconnectd [protected]). For this reason, I decided to research the internet, and I found several consumer complaints regarding gym memberships associated w/ this collection agency. The complaints indicate they are fraudulent - please advise, as I cannot afford to pay exorbitant amounts of money to anyone who is harassing me in any fraudulent manner. Thank you. Mrs. Kristie Sanchez

Manny_V Dec 17, 2008

I am in pretty much in the same situation and have no idea what to do ..
    Only difference is that the company with that phone number is now Genesys (yes with a "y") National Recovery .. Very rude people that only tell they get the info form Lady of America, when you call Lady of America, they tell that no longer have the info since it was turned over to Genesys ..

At the end, you are left powerless with people that hide themselves behind anonymity and are going to send me to the credit bureau for $100 ..

• Az
    azul Feb 28, 2009

I have been in Lady of America for twelve years now because is my neighborhood gym and I can even walk to it. Rudeness does not begin to describe their employees. Below zero customer service skills. They are trained to pretend they don't understand what you are saying. Zombies in high hills inside the gym disguised as managers.You are always guilty of something and nobody offers any help to solve problems . Client is an enemy. They don't even say hello when you enter the gym. If you are sent to talk with their National Fitness Financial agency that's even "better". That's inferno. They don't only treat clients like hell, they also disrespect instructors.I've seen the best of dancers with 40 something persons in their class, leaving because they don't want to raise 3 dollars to their salaries. They are at Winn Dixie with a table looking for clients and are not smart enough to try to keep the customers they already have. Always looking at the little picture of the 36 months. Apocalypse paradise.

Marcy Mar 18, 2009

My friend is going through the same thing. Her story begins with an automatic renewal she did not want. She finally called to ask why they were billing her if her membership was up. She was not warned and they told her to write a letter saying she did not want an automatic renewal and that all charges would be void. She sent the letter and nothing was resolved. Lady of America turned her case over to Genesys. Not only am I her friend but her supervisor. They began calling and sending this at work. As her supervisor it is not allowed to receieve or make personal calls, faxes, etc. So I call Genesys to complain. VERY, EXTREMELY, UTTERLY RUDE. I called for Natalia Garcia and got connected to another woman who refused to give her name; told me to get a lawyer and hung up on me. I called back and told them if these incidents continued I would have to report them to The Federal Trade Commssion for obstructing the law. So my friend had to write a letter telling them to cease all communication at her place of employment. Mind you, all my conversation was in English while they answered back in Spanish...one word...REFS (Refugees:Cuban)..No offense to Cubans, just the rude ones. She is still being billed about $200 something dollars for what? A letter stating she did not want an automactic renewal that was never received? That is called NEGLEGENCE from Lady of America Administration's part. Well it was recieved because what Lady of America doesn't know is that my friend sent those letter certified mail. So she has proof they were sent and received! And when court day rolls around if she has one (fingers crossed she doesn't) they are going DOWN and wasted their money for nothing and are still getting nothing from her. WARNING DO NOT GO TO LADY OF AMERICA!!!

• Er
    ernes Aug 05, 2010

I am the same situation they treating me with court, my daughter get sick there and they write on the contract not make responsable for what hapen inside the gym not mention the place is disgusting not cleaning at all and very rude people as managers equipment always broke liars is what they are

Sandra Gonzalez Sep 28, 2010

I disagree totally,

They called me to notify me of my past due acct with their company before i defaulted and would have to pay the complete amount of my contract that was gonna be $1326.58 ... I paid $216.53 to bring the acct current and even gave them my new banking information because my credit card had changed. As of Today i am being debited on a monthly basis and am happy with my gym ... Sandra Gonzalez

malanga Feb 26, 2011

same situation, Natalie Gómez is very rude and have no ethic at all. Netheir the company call Genesys who refuses to give u any info except that you have to pay, if you dont they tread u to take u to court. so i told i was nt going to pay anything she gets really mad. call me nini whatever is that and stupid then hang up the phone. call again . the same, refuses to give any info even the name of the company. so call the Credit bureu and ask for an alert. so if u has the same problem do it. this animal way to tread people must end.

• Ph
    PHADAZE Mar 01, 2011

WELL ALOT OF THE INFO GIVEN HERE IS TRUE BUT WHAT NO ONE IS SAYING HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT PAY I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BECUASE OF MY WIFE AND THEY JUST GARNISHED MY INCOME TAX OF $4200.00 WHEN I HAVE KIDS AND MOUTHS TO FEED THANX TO MY WIFE SIGNING A LUXURY FINANCEMENT IS WHAT MY ATTORNEY SAID !!! THIS IS JUST INCREDIBLE THAT FOR A GYM MEMEBERSHIP I HAVE TO GO THRU THIS HARDSHIP!!! THEY TREAT YOU HORRIBLE AT GENESYS BECUASE THEY WANT YOUR CASE TO GET PROCESSED TO COURT UNFORTUNATELY WE PUT OUR LIVES IN THESE PEOPLES HANDS WHEN WE BLINDLY SIGN THESE CONTRACTS !!!

• Bl
    Blueblossom May 13, 2016

I recently found myself in a similar situation too, the collection agency of lady of america called me about not paying my debt in which since the first day I put it in the contract it should be an automatic payment. Apparantly they put my account number wrong, 3 months later i received a text message with a phone number saying they would send my information to the collection agency so I called and fixed it but they never fixed because I received a call from the collection agency saying they would summon 75% of my properties, that I would have to appear in court if i didnt pay now $500 or if i didnt pay they would it would be 10, 000 in court or i would be arrested because the contract is federal since its an american bank. I told her I couldnt pay that amount so she tried to negotiate with me to pay $300 and then the rest of the months pay $33 which was the original payment of thr gym.I Freaked out for a moment and told her I would call my lawyer. I still have not called a lawyer but Ive read in the internet its against the law for them to say I would be arrested. She also said that my credit would be damaged I'm going to contact some boroue companies for them too be informed of whats going on. Has anyone being taken to court by lady of america or how does this get resolved?

• Bl
    Blueblossom May 13, 2016

Oog forgot to mention that she said that i signed on november 18 and that wasnt the real date because I signed on december so she doesnt know the real date she just made it up.