Dynasty Salesscam

This person came to our door asking to purchase magazines or books to excel in school. Never received anything and this was done in 4/30/11. I still ahve the receipt with his name on it. Looked up on the site and it is a scam.

Very upset and will never do this again, ever!

• Am
    Amy Gonsalves Feb 27, 2008

A young man came to my door misrepresenting himself as a an acquaintance of my neighbor "Steve". In fact, he had come from Steve's home where he had conned the kids into giving out their dad's name and other info which he used to make it sound like he knew him.
    His scam was that if I bought magazine subscriptions, they would send them to the active military in addition to helping him earn points for school. He was quick witted and humorous.

I was unable to open this website that was listed on the receipt but, I WAS able to stop payment online...I hope he reads this 'cause I got the last laugh!!

• Ka
    Kathy Buttrum Apr 11, 2008

Wow, I see I'm not alone in this scam. In Nov 2007 a guy claiming to be from the neighborhood came to my door selling "Disney Princess" books. He too claimed to be a local college student (I'm located in Las Vegas) trying to earn points towards a trip to London. Needless to say i have been waiting for my "books" to arive since Nov. (It's now April). I sent the company letters, emailing them and threatening a law suit. Today, April 11, my "books" arrived. Not books- A book with 10 pages that cost me $50.00. Never again. If anyone comes to my door representing this company or any other, I'm calling the police. These comapnies are scams.

• Ka
    Karen Cornett Apr 27, 2008

I am one of those who wants to help young people advise their goals through "Hard Work". But, I like others have been taken for a ride as they never delivered their goods.

It is sad to see young people who could put their efforts toward a sound and real goal use the "door to door" spam to hurt those who were only trying to help them along their path to success.

I will never again buy any product at the door. I am sorry for those young people who really are trying to do the right thing as they are the ones who will lose out in the future.

jonas May 09, 2008

Same happened to me. Kid said he lived on the street with his dad about 7 houses down. Purchase books would go to children's hospital and send him to London. After his pitch I said let's go meet your dad. Game was over.

• Pa
    patricia haskell May 22, 2008

On January 22 I was approched by Prisecilla Stalder selling books I gave her two checks one for $49.00 and one for $98.00 to help her earn a trip to Amserdam . . . She was very convincing and I fell for her - my checks were cashed by your employee |Jessi Malone #127280, #127281 #127285 - I have received |NO Books - I would like for you to return my
    $147.00 I paid to you . . .. three books were ordered - First Encyclopedia - First Dictionary and 1000 words . .. . |Please help me . .. .

• Ed
    Ed Trujillo Jun 08, 2008

On June 7th 2008 a young woman by the name of Ashley Lee came to the door saying that she lived in the neighborhood and that her dad was a retired air force flight surgeon. She claimed that her dad was only going to foot 1/2 of the expense to go to acting school with John Cleese in London. Very convincing pitch and she showed me checks from other neighbors who fell for the con. I did feel sorry for her and purchased a book, however, my wife pulled up and told her to give us back the check. She did and thus we we're spared a ripoff. She was very clever in asking me about the neighbors and trying to pump me for info. Very fast talker. Fortunately my wife didn't get the sob story and was thus able to resist her charms.

• Kr
    Kristi Kampel Jun 12, 2008

I will never again buy from anyone coming to my door. I purchased christian products and books from Dynasy Sales, that never came. I was able to access their website, but unable to send an email to them. They have a contact link, but it does not send. How very disappointing that whomever is running this company is using young people to do their DIRTY WORK!

• Co
    Constance Prue Jul 25, 2008

I just had a young man come to my door and tell me he was the son of so and so on the other street. Told me this was part of his communications subject at school and he was going to England. He was going to do an internship at the BBC. He wanted to come back and work for ESPN in Georgia. I know ESPN is based in Bristol, CT. Another person had come to my door earlier in the day but noticed the "no solicitors" sign in my window and walked away. I, too, stopped payment on my check immediately!!! Thank you.

• Md
    m dawson Aug 15, 2008

These kids just came to my door with the same BS story about London & the BBC. This company is a scam. I made them wait at my door under the guise of getting my check book, while I checked out Dynasty Sales on the internet. After reading the other comments, I called the cops. Thanks!

• Md
    m dawson Aug 15, 2008

Sorry, forgot to mention above that I'm in Warwick, Orange County, New York.

• Rw
    R West Aug 19, 2008

This young man, who called himself Jeff Johnson came to my door today. He dropped the name of a neighbor down the road who had 'sent him over' so my first thought was that he was related to them especially since he started fast talking about earning points for a trip to London and/or some cash for college. Not the case. We dont even know this neighbor well so why would they 'send him over'.

He showed me his pamphlets and his "professional salesperson" credentials. We were talking I asked him if he was from around here he said no and that he was from Maryland (I live in Amherst, Massachusetts). He was very self-deprecating and trying to be funny in a non-funny way which I guess was supposed to make him seem uncomfortable and make me more comfortable. I told him we had no kids and werent interested in the kids or religious books and he stated that we could gift the books to John Hopkins for kids there and he had 'memorized' the address. I admit that I thought, 'clever boy...prepared for this sale'. But he wasnt prepared.

He first told me that I could gift 5 books at $8 each, a $40 package with a $15 handling fee tacked on. ($15!). I had to get him to explain this many times because nowhere in the literature were 5 books mentioned. Just one. I was happy to take him at his word, already thinking that the tax deduction would cover the 'handling fee'. I got my checkbook. My wife was tentative but I explained I liked the kid and thought his industriuosness should be rewarded with some 'points'. As I filled out the check, I casually asked him for some ID and he produced a Maryland ID that said Jame Allen Johnson; I wouldnt know if it was fake or not.

I kept reading the literature while we prattled about address details for the order and it became clear to me that I was ordering just one book. I pointed this out to him in no uncertain terms and he appeared to see it for the first time also. He was either unaware of the particulars of his product or he was a good actor. You decide. I gave him what I thought were some sales pointers on being more straightforward and knowing your product as well as your customer and he humored me in the interest of the sale. I was upset now but already committed to help this kid out. I wanted to do the good deed despite circumstances!

At one point he threw 3-4 dollars on top of my checkbook saying 'I told you I would give you my lunch money' I threw it back at him, maybe he did say that I dont remember. He said alot of odd things come to think of it. But he said them so fast I panned them to get at what he wanted from me. Was it a real bribe to help close the deal? I dont know. After he had check in hand he said "ok now what chore do you want me to do?" I then recalled him saying something about doing chores for sales. Honestly by now I was certain I didnt trust him much and didnt want him around any longer. I said 'I already cut the grass as you can see so you're free and clear' He smiled, and then offered to throw some half cut dead tree I had piled in the backyard into the woods. I was mildly disturbed at the number of details about my property he was taking in. I shook my head, we shook hands and he sauntered off.

When I explained the whole transaction my wife was distraught, something clearly bothered her about the whole thing. She checked the BBB and found unanswered complaints and this website. I told her we could cancel the deal in 3 days and back it up by cancelling the check. She was talking about driving around and finding the kid and getting our check back so I decided I better take care of it. I got in the car and found him walking back and forth on a major route near our house. I parked and walked out to meet him and explained that dynasty sales had a poor track record. I explained that it wasnt personal, that he made a good sale but his company cant deliver consistently, sells overpriced books and tacks on bogus fees.

As we walked back up the road, a car drove by with 3-4 other young people in it who were shouting at him. He explained that the car was 'his ride'. We walked back to my house because he needed to get the receipts back too, and he made a transparent claim that the company charged him $100 per receipt. I added this on as another reason for him to find new work. He handed my check back and I walked him back to the end of our street where I had parked. I let him use my phone to call 'his ride'. While we walked I asked him questions and was able to glean that he works with 3-5 other young people, they pool their resources and travel from state to state, from neighborhood to neighborhood dividing up areas each day. Staying in hotels. He actually thanked me for not calling the cops. If I thought he had done anything illegal than I would have. And then I remembered him telling me that someone had thrown a brick at him.

• Rw
    R West Aug 19, 2008

Errata. The guy's ID did match his stated name, Jeff Allen Johnson. I incorrectly wrote "Jame" in the above complaint.

• M
    M Aug 24, 2008

As of Friday Aug 22, 2008 they were in Southampton MA. Their story and vibe was too weird plus they looked sleezy. Sent them on their way. Pudgy guy "Craig Trautman" with "Ashley" drop a lot of key terms and talked fast... "local students, church, neighbor, Air Force, John Hopkins". Watch out they suckered a lot of trusting folks and try to get into your house and bathroom.

Tareq Ibrahim Sep 11, 2008

Craig Trautman came to my door too, in Jarretsville, MD. The whole thing is one big scam and my wife was taken for $45. I contacted mydynastysales.com and now some creep named Andrew Martinick is going back and forth with me and telling me that i ordered Family Fun Magazine? I asked him for his phone number but he would not give it to me.

I looked up the company that registers the URL for www.mydynastysales.com and it is www.srsplus.com.
    I have let them know that this website is a scam and I urge you guys to do the same.

Tareq Ibrahim Sep 11, 2008

Also here is more contact info on who is hosting the website

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE1191-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Abuse Department
    OrgAbusePhone: +[protected]
    OrgAbuseEmail: [protected]@wehostwebsites.com

Email or call them, we need to shut these losers down.

• Ca
    Carolyn Storey Sep 12, 2008

I just found out that I am a victim of this same scam. A young woman calling herself Ashley came to my door on July 3, 2008. She said that she was selling children's books in order to earn points toward a trip to London to study under the actor John Cleese. She asked to come inside for a glass of water since she had been walking the neighborhood on a hot day. She sat at my kitchen table and had the order form partially filled out before I had agreed to anything. She also left checks from neighbors laying in full view. She asked if I had address lables that she could use on the form and also asked for an extra one for herself because they were "so cute". I did place what I understood was a tax deductible order from her for $165.00 which I gave her in cash. She indicated she would prefer checks. I wonder now if that was so they could get my checking account number. She even offered to come back and wash my car to thank me for buying from her. I declined. When the books didn't arrive as promised, I talked with my neighbor who then told me that she had discovered it was a scam. She had lost $100.00 to her. I just filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission [protected]). I suggest others do the same. I will also file a complaint with the Virginia Attorney General.

Tareq Ibrahim Sep 12, 2008

Supposedly mydyanstysales.com is going to send me the book that my wife ordered. They say it will be here from 2 to 4 weeks. Ill keep you posted

• Fi
    Fishers, IN resident Sep 17, 2008

Very similar scam now going on in my area under company name Sales First Class. Young adults door-to-door claiming to be working for a study abroad program, claiming they are relatives of neighbors.

Noblesville, IN Victim Sep 17, 2008

"Brian Hackett" was in Noblesville last night(9/16/2008) selling books and magazines for Dynasty Sales. He was a real good talker. . Got me for $110.00. Have cancelled the check. Wished I had checked the internet first!

• Ad
    adam Sep 17, 2008

I got scamed in Noblesville In. last night as well. I have notified the police and they will be patrolling tonight. Good Luck "Brian".

Jay Keesling Sep 25, 2008

A young lady calling herself Ashley arrived at my door today 9-25-08 claiming to be earning money for a trip to London to study under John Cleese. I bit and ordered some children's books and then on a hunch entered the Dynasty Sales website name on my computer just after the girl left my home and went next door. Fortunately she was still talking to my neighbor next door when I discovered this list of articles by folks like you who found out too late. I got my check back before she got out of the neighborhood so for me it was "no harm, no foul". This sales person now knows that I know about major problems with her activity and she is probably now totally "out of here". Thanks to the internet and to common sense, I am not out anything except a little humility in initially biting on a scam. Public beware in the McCordsville IN area.

Sarah Belcher Oct 15, 2008

I, too, got roped into this deal! "Brandon" from Sales First Class came by today, selling books and magazines subscriptions. He seemed very self-deprecating and fairly likeable and I felt sorry for him to have to go door-to-door to raise money! (By the way, he was raising money for a trip for marine biology, and since his "dad kicked him out", this was how he was doing it.) He asked me if I was also a college student, which should have tipped me off, because I am 31 and I don't think I look that young. (When I said no, he asked if I was in high school...huh?) Anyway, he kept talking about the "points" he gets and how he knows he isn't dressed in a suit or really good at public speaking, but that he's trying. I felt bad because in this day and age, I know times are tough. Anyway, he then mentioned how he came from across the street and said how the man bought a book and donated it to some children's hospital since he hasn't been interested in any for himself. Oh, Brandon asked if I had any kids and when I answered yes, a daughter, he said, "Oh, a princess!" which was just weird to me at the time...funny how on here I have read a few people who said they were selling "princess books". Okay, so I really wasn't planning on buying, but he kept saying how he was gaining points, so would I rate him? I said sure, and then next thing you know he's asking to sit at my kitchen table to write. I KNOW I KNOW...stupid me. i NEVER let strangers come walking in, but for some reason it seemed okay, and I prepared myself in case he jumped me or anything! (ugh, makes me so ill just thinking about that!)

I'm totally rambling, I know! He said such strange things...like when he looked at some pictures on my wall and asked if I was a nurse...(I'm not)...I asked what he saw that would make him think that, and he said "oh, nothing, I just kind of guessed." Weird. Also, he went into some detail (fake, I'm sure) about how he may be a dad soon...his girlfriend, who told him she was on birth control, the next day said she wasn't on it and so she probably was pregnant. then he said they'd been dating for 2 weeks and he thinks she's trapping him. I was dumbfounded as to WHY he was rattling all this off to me. But then I thought, how sad...you are in such a sad place.

Okay, so I ended up getting a magazine subscription ($49 total!!!) and after I picked it out, he tried to somewhat trick me into getting another...he just pushed another little laminated sheet in front of me and mumbled something about picking another one...I finally asked if I needed to and he said, "well, no, but it would really help me..." but I stayed with the one.

After he left, I felt so stupid for letting him in my home and I kind of freaked out about this being a scam...not so much the money but I was actually worried about whether this was all a ploy to case my home for items to rob! So I found this site, tried to find a phone number on the sales first class website (none)...so I sort of flipped out and called to stop the check, called the FTC, and called the local police. The police came by and took a statement, and thankfully said how these guys were all over the place and how they were getting a lot of complaints on them. now I know I did the right thing. I still feel somewhat bad for anyone who is so much in need that they have to do these kinds of scams. And who knows, maybe I would have gotten my magazines after all, who knows...I was just worried!

• Mo
    Monique Murray Nov 13, 2008

Yesterday two young men very nicely turned out saying they were at UT Arlington asked me to help them earn 500 credits = $147 of magazines which would be forwarded to the troops in Iraq. These credits would earn them a trip to UK for an internship with the BBC. Nic Biringes is the name on the "tax receipt" and a tel # which is not in service.
    I confess I bought into their story, very convincing naming neighbors describing his mother who walks in the mornings with their dog etc etc. He said he would do "slave labor" in return and remove some concrete for me. He said he would be back Saturday to do the job.
    I expressed my delight to my husband who was very upset with me for falling for such a good yarn. I quickly tired to find the guys and get back the cheque. No where to be found. I looked his name up in white pages no luck. My husband cancelled the cheque. I then found all these very similar stories and give thanks as my trusting nature could have been far worse.
    BEWARE THEY ARE GOOD.

• Ti
    Tia Judy Sep 01, 2009

I was out of commission with a bad neck and back and staying a few days with my sister and her family so they could help me. What a nice get-well present!
    Two seemingly sweet young ladies from Nigeria came by. They said they were exchange students studying journalism and were selling books to earn points so they could go to London and "follow the BBC around." They played with my sister's two month old and were very warm and unassuming. They off-handedly mentioned doing chores for people in appreciation for purchases.
    We started talking about ethnic cuisine. I told them I wouldn't buy any books, but I would pay for a traditional Ethiopian meal. They accepted. They gave us a phone number and took both my and my sister's phone numbers. That was the last we heard of them. They did not respond to any phone calls. I have little hope of getting a stop payment on the checks or of ever seeing the merchandise.
    Please learn from me! Can anything be done to stop them?

Thanks,

Judy Lane

mastiffs Sep 22, 2009

hi Judy: I was scammed too...a young man said the subscription I purchased would be sent to the troops! I'm in email touch with them, someone named Andrew who said if I would send a copy of the receipt he would refund my cost ($49). I told him I will contact the Utah AG and the local television stations by October 1 if I don't hear from him again...we'll see...Kay

• De
    deputy Scott Mar 20, 2011

Im a deputy sheriff in the central ca area and yesterday I was dispatched to a neighborhood area regarding door to door salesmen. I contacted two young men that were selling children s books for Dynasty Sales. The pitch is for 55.00 you can buy a children s book set that can either be received by you or sent to under privileged children at hospitals, etc. these young sales people have been coached very well and say they are earning points towards trips in other countries. Other than not having a county permit they are not breaking the law...so far but you will NOT receive any goods, nor will the underprivileged children. I transported the two young men back to our office to be picked up by their supervisor, which is usually in a white or gold ford van. Beware of door to door sales people, make sure they have a county or city permit that they can produce, In addition this is a tool home invasion/burglary suspects use to gain information on your habits, when your home or not etc... Be Smart ! hope this helps...

• Wa
    Watching over what you value Mar 20, 2011

Thank you for posting. Our village has an ordinance that prohibits any door-to-door solicitations so we forget that this activity goes on. And the worse the economy gets, the more "schemes" will come out of the woodwork.

• Jm
    J. McCarty Aug 04, 2011

I wish I had know about this before! These young people just came through our area yesterday! I live in Estes Park, CO and several of our neighbors have given money to these people! The young man that came to my door was very personable and pleasant, very talkative and knowledgable of the area. He said the books I could get could go to the kids with cancer or Autism or directly to me, who doesn't want to help kids in that kind of situation?! That what makes what these people do so mean! I will go to my neighbors today and explain this to them and try to get their money back either through bank cancellations or other means! A lot of them are retired and can't afford to throw that kind of money away on worthless causes like this!

• Si
    Simon Henry Feb 12, 2012

Good Day,
    I am urgently in need of someone who can help me invest my funds in
    his Country for mutual cooperation and benefit. If interested respond
    back for more details, I will appreciate your quick response in this
    regards on my e-mail box [protected]@ibibo.com

Thanks