DVDsetshoppirate dvd set (bones season 4)

J

my wife ordered bones season 4 from these clowns,
bad packageing as follows...
bones logo wrong, there is only 2 gaps in the s of the proper bones dvds
the copies have 3... they got the fox logo totaly wrong... since when is it spelt '20th century fox home entertainmene' ????
i also did a check on the ISBN number and bar code its registered to Final fantasy the spirits within!

then we get to puting the disk in...
menus appear to have been made by a rank amature i take it they could not get hold of the font thats used in the other 3 seasons... i could have done better with my sons 5 year old pc!!!

then you play one... tv logos stay on the screen, an obvious tv copy... that and they have left the 5 second after the ad logos in too.

theres a whole range of these sites all with the same phone number
[protected](USA),

dvdboxset.com
golforderonline.com
dvdcollects.com
dvdorderonline.com

they all have the same contact phone numbers and the same broken english over their sites example ...

We are ready to service for you and we will keep on the communication until you are satisfied. Please contact us at once.

ready to service you ..eh?? no thanks!
keep on the communication??? wtf????

the phone number is for a place in california and the sites are registered in beijing.

do not waste your money on these clowns (im keeping it polite here! my bloods boiling). who knows what the money you send to them will be used for as these guys are clearly criminals

churchladie Aug 27, 2012

Bad, bad, bad...Ordered box set of Friends 10 season from DVDSETSHOP. Wished we would have checked it out before we ordered. Got them for son's birthday. Obviously pirated/copied. Quality is very poor. Box all beat up. Pictures on box and on discs look like they were printed off Microsoft Word and glued on. Best they would do is have us send back but will lose $22.00 in shipping(more if they do not refund at least product portion of $54.00) They came from China. Had we known where they were really coming from would have never ordered. Also, wording on the box does not even make sense. It was like they were trying to translate things into English but did not really know what it meant. Also had trouble reaching by phone. Lesson learned. churchladie

• Ho
    Horsepills Nov 07, 2011

Looks like they are now also called dvdsetau.com The facebook "like" on this website takes you to the dvdsetshop facebook page

• Am
    amyj26 Sep 18, 2011

Wow, I see I'm not alone here! I recently purchased 3 dvd box sets from www.dvdtopshops.com. I received them pretty quickly. I noticed they didn't look like my other ones I have purchased in the past, from actual retail stores etc. Then I opened the first one, put the dvd in, and seen that the menu has been created using some shifty program. Also the first episode had CW adverts in the bottom right corner. That is not a genuine dvd AT ALL!!! So I emailed the woman and told her about it and she kept saying she was sorry to hear it etc etc. Then she offered me $20 back to my account and for me to keep the dvd's. I told her I didn't want them and sending them back wasn't a problem. That I just want my money back. But now I'm wanting to keep them as proof of what I ordered! This surely can't be legal and they need to be stopped. They seem to sell a lot of these on their website and I'm not too sure if other people are getting the same dvd's as I am, but if they are they don't seem to care. NOT HAPPY!!!

willieevansfour Jul 18, 2011

Why not try another website?
    For example: www.dvdbestonline.com

• Oo
    OoHeavenLiAngel Mar 27, 2011

i am quite impressed by this dvd set shop site...i ordered from them & then came across this board & was very apprehensive n concerned but i received my order real quick and altho they r defo not 'the real deal' they are of great quality & viewable. the lack of communication was abit frustrating also but am happy all in all. i must defo b one of the lucky ones...am so relieved...now i can sit back n enjoy s7 of cold case...thanks dvd set shop
    : )

sandy mancuso Mar 15, 2011

I am from Australia and am in the same situatuon. on 2 Jan 2011 I ordered box set of RIN TIN TIN and nothing they love taking money but could not care about delivery etc. I have started a process with this site and FTC Neveda.

• St
    stacydecossas Jan 09, 2011

dispute the charges on your credit card.

• Pe
    PennyBW Jan 08, 2011

I never received my order and no refund has been given to me. I'm out $78.00. I can't even get onto the site now. What a scam.

• Em
    emq! Dec 01, 2010

Scam! Don't buy from them.

• Co
    complainantnumber1 Oct 05, 2010

GO THROUGH PAYPAL - DO NOT SEND ITEM BACK!

If you have received pirated discs, you are not legally able to ship them as it is unlawful. If paypal tries to make you ship them back, you need to call them and inform them that you cannot legally do so! You should be given a full refund without having to return their garbage!

dvdsetshop.com are still hard at work. I bought the Office season 6 and it was a laughable pirated copy with chinarecordco written all over it, wrong info all over the covers and a lovely glue smelling satin floral lined box with burned discs in pink cloth covers. Very official looking LOL

dvdsetshop.com fail at pirating!

Mandablr Jul 18, 2010

I ordered from their "South African Branch", realised that they were not what they seemed when got an sms to say payment from a chinese company. Asked for a refund which they said I would get when i returned DVD's. Never received any DVD's.

Here's a link to website which gives info if site selling pirated DVD's

• Aj
    ajitc May 20, 2010

BE WARY...
    I ordered a box set and got pirated copies. Had to send the dvd's back for refund cost another $50 to send back and now they tell me it will take 4 months to get my refund back...

DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE...

wild-child83 May 06, 2010

As you can see the complete collection of ER cost only 110 dollar: http://www.amazon.co.uk/ER-Complete-Seasons-1-15-DVD/dp/B002JF3FSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1273194059&sr=8-1
    So Stacydecossas stup that nonsense that the box will cost 550 dollar LOL!!
    You have for less money the original complete E.R collection that is LEGAL!
    Please don;t support that dvdset site. They are scammers and also mis-use credit cards of people!

YEs it's region 2 but you can easily hack most DVD players or buy a region free one for around 40 dollars.
    We also only use region free players at home.

• St
    stacydecossas May 01, 2010

I orderedddd ER from this company. I got all 15 seasons. There are NO commercials and NO NBC logos. The CDs came in one big ER box. The closed captionns are an option, which is perfect for us.

Are these pirated? Yes, maybe, actually probably since all the seasons haven't even been released on DVD in America. But it's EXCELLENT quality. I spent around $141 (including shipping and the shipping was FAST) for what would have cost over $550.00 at Walmart or Best Buy. I am not complaining and WILL DEFINITELY use their service again in the future.

• Cr
    crilly Feb 20, 2010

How cheeky is that? The weasels are using THIS complaint board to try to redirect people to their latest dodgy site - if any of you have a complaint registered with the fraud police in your area you might want to refer them to www.elanddvd.com as 'suggested' by ChristinQueen above... disgusting.

• Th
    thebull1 Feb 17, 2010

...cont.if not what website do you recommend with a price range between $40-60. thks

• Th
    thebull1 Feb 17, 2010

have any of you ordered the complete set on Sopranos S1-6 from Dvdsetshop.com?
    if so how was the quality of the dvds, the packaging, arrival time, customer service, do they accept paypal? Thanks

• Rc
    RC england Jan 31, 2010

Please DO NOT use this Web site to order any DVD's.I ordered the box set Stargate SG1 and was given a delivery date of 7-10 days.When the box set arrived after 27 days it was clearley a fake product.the quality is very bad(copies from TV shows).Not only was i unhappy with the set but when the following months credit card statement arrived a suspicious payment showed on my account.This amount was taken in EURO'S and the account was based in Belgium showing a company name of Hpmp Bruxelles.I have informed my credit card co and a Fraud investigation has been started.With this SCAM CO being based in China i don't hold out much hope of getting my money back.So i would say to anyone, BAD COPIES, LATE DELIVERY, AND CREDIT CARD FRAUD, DO NOT USE THE DVD SET SHOP.

Very unhappy,
    RC
    ENGLAND

• Ic
    Icemaydn1 Jan 24, 2010

I ordered the complete series of Little House on the Prairie (yep, nerdy I agree) and wish I had read these reviews first! DVD's arrived in dvd sleeves inside plastic(broken) videos covers !! Because there were so many DVD's I couldnt watch them all straight away and by the time i got a few series down the track they wouldnt even play!!! I decided to get the Cold Case series and found this site instead which all looked very professional. I emailed them and asked if the DVD's were copies and was guaranteed that they were original. It was only after reading these reviews (which luckily I stumbled upon when I did another search to go ahead and order the series that I checked out the site I purchased 'Little House' from and found they were the same people!
    Even though I'd emailed them and told them that the Little House DVD's stopped working after about season 4 they failed to reply. I'd NEVER EVER EVER recommend these fraudsters to anyone and something needs to be done to close these ### down. I know some people ask 'what did we expect', well to be honest, I expect what I was promised ie: original DVD's.

SAMGLDG Jan 20, 2010

I ordered series 1-6 NCIS on 20th December 2009 cost £70 order never received all ive had is a few lame excuses and an invalid tracking number this order was placed through DVDSetsShop.co.uk
    I paid through paypal so i hope they will be able to help get my money back and also put a stop to these clowns i will also be in touch with my credit card company ..
    they just dont answer my mails now but i will not give in ..

SO IF YOU ARE READING THIS MR DVD SETS SHOP.CO.UK YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED.

anna.gnclvs Jan 18, 2010

I just purchased the seasons 1-7 set of Curb your Enthusiasm from dvdsetshop.com. I read all these horrible reviews after I had put through my purchase and was so paranoid. Definitely should have known. I am such an impulse buyer. Anyways, lesson learned! I received the dvd set about 5 weeks after I ordered it. It looked nothing like it did on the website and the case is basically a box with the dvds loose inside in sleeves, there were spelling mistakes all over the case and you can tell they copy and pasted the copyright information from a totally different dvd. On the website it said there was 28 dics, really there is 16. The dvds so far seem to be legit though. I've only watched the first disc and it worked fine. We will see when I get to the rest, hope they all work okay! So all in all, I will never buy from these people again, obviously you never know what you're going to get. But my discs at least are working out okay.

• Re
    Reece1001 Jan 12, 2010

wow, just about to order Star Trek for 60 odd quid from them. I just wanted to check them out and looked at their terms and conditions. They have no company name, limited or otherwise - that's not legal is it? So I decided to search for reviews on DVDSETSHOP and found this.

They are clearly dodgy even if the odd one has a good experience, they have no phone no, just a form and no UK limited company name or registration number. I've decided to pay of 100 quid with Amazon as I know I'll get my monies worth.

• Do
    Douglas E. Kroll Jan 07, 2010

I just got ripped off by DVDSETSHOP.COM.

Quality, everything was just awful. Did get here by Christmas which there add said would be no problem, the logos are pathetic, the clarity is awful, their phone number is invalid, they do not do what say in their add, they refuse to let you cancel, they do not abide by their guarantee, its all very fraudulent. I should have knonw. Live and learn. Don't waste a second of your time or a penny for their pirated garbage.

• Je
    jeddy Jan 03, 2010

i ordered entourage seasons 1-6 three days ago and it still says payment in progress so i emailed them saying what s going on and no reply. cant even cancel my oreder so i dont know if im even getting the dvd. still says payment in progress. wtf?!

• Ni
    nibora Jan 02, 2010

wow! thanks for the stories and anecdotes people. i almost bought ally mcbeal from them for a nice price but on the check-out page, the site wasn't secure (https:///... <--- s means secure!) and i did a think and search and ended up here. thanks a bunch, a little research maybe just saved me from a regretful impulse purchase! (a paypal link to donate to from those of us who were saved or helped might be a good idea here folks! i'd offer a fiver for my hassles saved and it could go to a fund for ripped off people to help pay small incendiary costs or something...) anyways, my gratitude and hope some other people are helped before it's too late!

JakeT57 Dec 18, 2009

This outfit has taken my money also. My first order was handled quickly and efficiently, was received within 5 days, and I was pleased with the order I received. In mid November, I placed a second order, they confirmed that they received my money, and said a tracking number would be sent shortly. That is the last I have heard from them. They do not respond to my repeated emails, nor to the postings on their website, and all phone numbers I can find for them have either been disconnected or there is no answer. At this point, I would certainly advise anyone to avoid doing business with DVDSETSHOP.

• De
    deadeyers Dec 10, 2009

I will file a fraudulent charge to my credit card, which will put you under investigation. I'm sure you would rather avoid that. So you should find some way to refund my money faster. You have my address, a check or money order would be just fine.
    I'm sure you have made plenty with your site and just haven't ran across the wrong person yet. YOU JUST DID. I won't stand to be ripped off. If you can process my credit card in 24 hours (although it took more then that) then you can reverse the funds in the same amount of time. The choice is yours!!

If you go to their site now they have changed it around and gave it a new name. I will keep pushing and pursuing these thieves.

• Mi
    miss morgan Dec 04, 2009

they have took my money and not recived any dvds

• Ta
    tattyteddyx Nov 10, 2009

My boyfriend ordered a boxed set from DVDSETSHOP.COM... When they arrived the boxes were broken and the discs won't play on my dvd player or my play station. They have computer icons coming up whilst playing... When they play and don't freeze.
    I've sent them a few emails about this to no avail... so I went to trading standards who told me to get the money back from my bank... just waiting to see what happens next. I would advise people NOT to order from these companies abroad now following this experience.

• Ru
    rubylove199 Nov 02, 2009

I was also very sceptical about the prices but went ahead and ordered Star Trek: Enterprise Complete Seasons 1-4 Boxset for less than £60. I ordered it on 25th October and it arrived today (I am in the UK), which I thought was excellent. The boxset was beautifully packaged and sealed; however the dvd's are in soft sleeves and there was no booklet (there usually is in these sets). The dvd's look genuine enough; I have received copies from another company so I can tell the difference! They all have menu's and special features as would be expected. So overall I am delighted with both the product and the service...maybe I was just lucky!

christinqueen Oct 17, 2009

I also had a bad expericence with that store. i spent a lot of money only to receive some poor quality DVDs, Lucky is i fond a new dvd supplier www.elanddvd.com they accept Paypal payment, which make it easy when problem raise

christinqueen Oct 17, 2009

that is a scam! i also spent a lot of money only to receive a poor quality DVDs, lukcy is i found another dvd supplier www.elanddvd.com, they accept Paypal, that make it easy when we got problems

• Sd
    sdwillie Sep 19, 2009

So you're complaining about less than studio quality from a pirated release?

• Sh
    sharo Sep 02, 2009

I bought Cold case season 1 -6 and army wifes season 1 and 2. They were delivered in about a week and a half (we live in Ireland)and we had no problems with army wife and are on season 1 of cold case now and yes it does have a logo in the corner but at this price that is a small price to pay. I would buy from them again.

• Ro
    rourkie Aug 25, 2009

i orderd this box set from australia and i was worried about it but thought i would risk it as it was the cheapest and i saved more then $80.00aus very happy with this product the dvd comes in a beautifull pink box played dvds and there perfect very clear picture would recomend anyone to buy i am a happy buyer.

• Ri
    Richard Barnett, Aug 14, 2009

Oh god, i was lucky.Loved the TV series... compulsive viewing..best thing ive seen on TV in a real long time. Delivery was very FAST.. 6 days in total.. packaging was a little poor, very slight damage to outer case on delivery.. otherwise a very satisfactory purchase

• Ho
    honeyzs Aug 11, 2009

i placed an order with these muppets... the dvds are clealy pirate.. i recieved the same order twice... but have been debited for two different amounts from my credit card... i have tried contacting them but to no avail... so buyer beware... im so pissed off...

• Re
    redsock Aug 10, 2009

Also -- I did not wait for them to suggest my sending it back. Like j9325, they also were saying they would pay me $50 or some small amount. That was out of the question.
    So I took a chance and said ### it, I'm sending it back anyway. I think they would have continued to do nothing unless I made the first move. And it worked.
    Just sent them back. And say I've done my part, and I'm paying for shipping, now honour your policy and refund my money. It's a gamble, but it worked for me.