DVDsetshoppirate dvd set (bones season 4)

J

my wife ordered bones season 4 from these clowns,
bad packageing as follows...
bones logo wrong, there is only 2 gaps in the s of the proper bones dvds
the copies have 3... they got the fox logo totaly wrong... since when is it spelt '20th century fox home entertainmene' ????
i also did a check on the ISBN number and bar code its registered to Final fantasy the spirits within!

then we get to puting the disk in...
menus appear to have been made by a rank amature i take it they could not get hold of the font thats used in the other 3 seasons... i could have done better with my sons 5 year old pc!!!

then you play one... tv logos stay on the screen, an obvious tv copy... that and they have left the 5 second after the ad logos in too.

theres a whole range of these sites all with the same phone number
[protected](USA),

dvdboxset.com
golforderonline.com
dvdcollects.com
dvdorderonline.com

they all have the same contact phone numbers and the same broken english over their sites example ...

We are ready to service for you and we will keep on the communication until you are satisfied. Please contact us at once.

ready to service you ..eh?? no thanks!
keep on the communication??? wtf????

the phone number is for a place in california and the sites are registered in beijing.

do not waste your money on these clowns (im keeping it polite here! my bloods boiling). who knows what the money you send to them will be used for as these guys are clearly criminals

• Ap
    apple Feb 23, 2009

Real?

i also orderd a dvd box set from dvdcollects.com. yes their price is too cheap to be true. But luckily, the quality of dvd box set i got was fine.

i will see the other website. Thank you for your information and feel sorry to hear about that.

regards
    apple

Jack Feb 23, 2009

I was going to make a complaint and saw this, I bought ‘Disney 100 years of magic’ for my nephew about 2 months ago on dreamydeals.com(I will never buy anything from them again!), and a quarter of them didn’t work on DVD player, the cover on the discs are really bad, it took me a long time to change the bad discs and it didn’t work out, I was so pissed off! However, I saw Star trek voyager dvd’s photo on flickr and they looked really nice, and went to check this dvdsetshop.com web site and they looks fine, so I decided to take the chance, I know I’ve been cheated by that dreamydeals bast**d but somehow I convinced myself to try it again, and when I received the merchandise it didn’t let me down this time, just as what I saw in the photo. I didn’t buy Bones from them but I think I’ll buy other star trek series from them soon……

Jack Feb 23, 2009

hi Jester I’m not arguing with you, I’m just saying what I’ve been through.

• Ka
    Karen Mar 04, 2009

I have also recieved dvds from dvdsetshop.com. I ordered Seasons 1-5 of Cold Case from them. The price was really cheap. Less than half of what you pay in the store. I should have realized that if it's too good to be true, it usually is. When i got the package and opened it, the box set was not the original. Also, it had english and chinese language on it, and the language wasn't good english. When I played the dvds, they were tv copies. It has the cbs logo on the bottom of the screen and between each episode, it has commericals! A few dvds has scratches but they do play. I will never order from them again as they clearly are pirating dvds. Just wanted to give a warning.

Karen

Mike Mar 05, 2009

I ordered a box set from DVDSETSHOP.com. After ordering on line, my credit card was used to buy airline tickets. $5000 worth!. I never got the box set I ordered, all I got was an email telling me they were being shipped. That was 4 weeks ago...

• To
    toots Mar 06, 2009

Boy am I glad I checked this site out, was going to order dvds through this place but after reading these comments, there is no way. Will gladly pay more and be happy with the product. I did email them and they gave me a quick response, however, I was leery with the foreign language in the email I got from them, I then replied asking them where they are located and never heard back. When some place doesn't want you to know where they are flags are flying. I only found out about this site when I googled their phone number. Karen: I am so sorry about your credit card..hope you can do someting about that.
    Thanks for posting your comments.

• El
    Elizabeth Mar 09, 2009

You should report them to https://secure.nclforms.org/nficweb/nfic.htm, and also http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.

• Ca
    catbum Mar 10, 2009

I also have had the misfortune of being swindled by this company. I ordered seasons 1-3 Box Set of ghost Whisperer earlier this month. At first I was sceptical of the cost, however, when I saw that shipping was £13, I figured that that was how they made their money from selling such cheap DVDs...

...So anyway, box set arrived at the weekend, and was a tad dubious from the start, especially seeing that the box said "Ghost Whisperere" (not very reassuring!). The box set cost £46.99 inc shipping, yet £49 has been debited from my account (via Beijing of course), and Im left with 30 copied discs with crap covers - no boxes per season, just little wallets. Actual quality of the programmes is good...but then I would expect no less considering they have COPIED the episodes from CBS (made apparent by the fact the logo is on each episode, and we are even informed of whats "...coming up next on CBS!"

I had tried to go to Orders Feedback, but its an empty page, and the only other option is to leave a message next to your order. Needless to say, I have reiterated all of this to them, and hopefully will have some kind of response soon! I am very tempted to return the box set, but having seen how much postage costs, and the fact people are lucky to even receive the DVDs, I dont think Im going to bother!

• Na
    Natalie Mar 11, 2009

I just came across and checked the website you discussed, the price there is amazingly cheap, those DVDs seems the same as on eBay which I bought, I still remember the seller from eBay claimed it’s something like ‘Asia version’, the stuff I bought from eBay is the same thing that one of my friends bought from far east, good quality but at a very low price, I don’t agree with pirated stuff but somehow I think it’s fair to sell them at this price when my friend told me their salary is like $300, plus I just lost my job and I don’t want to spend too much just on buying DVDs, I think I probably will buy one first see how it goes.

• Na
    Nathan Dick Mar 13, 2009

I was introduced by my friend to this web site and bought NCIS seasons 1-5, 80 bucks for 5 seasons. I thought I was being cheated cos after almost 1 week I still didn’t receive the parcel, but I got it a couple of days later eventually, the outer case looks ok, but there is NO box for each season. Anyways, the picture quality are pretty good, even though the package is not ideal I still think it’s worth the money, I never believe ‘too good to be true’ things exist so I kind of had the idea what to expect. Maybe the more you expect, the more disappointed you will feel, saying the truth that the actual quality of the picture is pretty good and that’s all I need. I’d rather buy this with bearable package than pay 3 times more money in store, especially my salary been cut down 20%...

• Ka
    Karen Mar 17, 2009

Hello, just wanted to update you all on what happened to me. First of all, Toots, it wasnt me who's credit card was used by the company, it was someone named Mike who posted a comment just after mine. OK, this is what I did. I emailed them and said I wasn't satisfied with the dvds as they were apparently tv copied. I told them about the cbs logo on the bottom of the screen and the commercials between some of the episodes. Also, I copied what I emailed them and opened up a case with paypal and copied that to paypal. The next day, I checked and they had put all my money back into paypal. I never heard from them, they didn't email me back to say they wanted the dvds sent back, so I still have the dvds and all my money. I guess they didnt want paypal to contact them about pirating. Just wanted to let everyone here know, so maybe you can get your money back also. Karen

MissMomma Mar 20, 2009

hoho. Is that true?
    I will have a try and update here.

• Cn
    cnies15 Mar 27, 2009

I bought Star Trek Voyager from this website. Ok, I will start by saying I was VERY skeptical about this product. I have seen them sell all over the net and I know that they are from China and I just kept thinking that these have to be bootlegs. I can tell you right now that they are not. I received mine just 4 days after placing my order (I live in Chicago, IL if you are curious). The packaging is exactly what you see on the picture. The discs do come in a soft cd case inside the box, but they were all in great condition (I have checked the first 3 seasons so far). All discs have professioanl menu screens and chapter selects. You can also set sound to Dolby Digital or 5.1 Surround.If you are looking for Voyager without the $350 price tag I highly recommend this. I am so pleased with them that I will be purchasing Enterprise and TNG as soon as the tax refund comes in the mail. I hope this helps you if you were like me in thinking this is too good to be true. Just remember, it is a Chinese product but a good one.

Miss Momma Apr 02, 2009

Just to let you guys know it didn’t work out. I bought cold case as you mentioned but the box seems pretty nice and looks exactly the same as what in the picture. It does came in with soft case inside, the picture quality is good to me, it does have CBS logo on the corner though. So, this is the exciting part, I emailed them as what Karen have done, and they did reply to me to offer me either get some refund or post back at my cost but they will refund my money. I did open a case with PayPal but they claimed to have receipt from DHL to prove that I received the parcel, I told them I would talked to PayPal about pirating but they insist it’s legal ‘Asian Version’ and wouldn’t refund me if it’s because that reason. Anyways, I figured it’s not bad deal for 5 seasons for 80 bucks…. And there’s no cold case DVD released in states yet.

• Ar
    Arathorn May 15, 2009

I paid for 2 box sets and they were supposedly shipped to United States(I live in Canada) and after two months of waiting and being told that they would be returned to them and reshipped out to me and asked for 10.00 more to get them redirected to me from the states(which I refused), am now told sorry for the inconvenience, but the post office says that the dvds cannot be returned and that I am out the money too bad.

• Ze
    Zenaida May 25, 2009

I ordered the Season Four of Bone before I realized that it was probably fake and asked for my order to be canceled. However, I am extremely pissed off that a website could fraud so many people, and so I wanted to encourage anyone who's had a bad experience with this website to go to
    and file for fraud, it wont take long and I want to shut these people down so that they can't jip off anymore unsuspecting customers. I cant myself because I stopped the order before it came, but please help get this corrupt company out of business.
    Thanks!

redsock May 25, 2009

I ordered a complete Xena box for my wife and it arrived a few days ago -- all smashed up. They did not ship it in a box, just wrapped some plastic around it. I am now fighting with them via email to get a full refund. They say they will give a refund within three days -- and I asked for one within that time period. Does anyone have any advice?

redsock May 25, 2009

Also, just to add to the Xena story -- at first they offered to refund me $8 for the damage! Then they upped it to $15. The damn box cost $108!!!

• Ho
    hobbs9 Jun 02, 2009

I bought sopranos and NCIS from this website before and last time I bought xena too, all those things you mentioned happened to me. First time it was great, everything was perfect, but when xena arrived it was same as you redsock, anyways, I asked for full refund and they agree with it but on the condition that they receive the DVDs I sent back, and 2 days ago I did receive their full refund, it was about a week time after I sent it back, so I suggest you to do the same thing and good luck!

redsock Jun 02, 2009

Thanks. After going back and forth via email, I finally decided to package the whole thing up and sent it back. Now they say when they get it, I will receive a full refund. We shall see.
    It seems like I had to make a move and be pro-active. If they packaged their stuff better, they would cut down on complaints -- though seeing the discs in little cloth sleeves would still have pissed me off.

• Ry
    Ryan Westlund Jun 10, 2009

Hi, I would just like to say thanks for a fantastic service - credit where credit is due, prompt delivery, good communication and ability to track items all excellent. As a result I've passed on the website details to all our family and friends (also linked it onto our own website business). We are based in Ireland and as such find DVD's expensive to purchase locally, tho we now have the perfect solution! Originally bought half a dozen collections from you via ebay but just after making my third boxset purchase directly-even tho we were sent the wrong boxset for our second purchase, as I trust the simple error will be rectified in the same professional and prompt fashion dvdshop has adopted thus far. Keep up the good work. Cheers guys.

• Ey
    eyeslikeskies Jun 21, 2009

I just ordered seasons 1-5 box set of the L word for 50 bucks and 20 shipping from this place, i KNEW that it was way too cheap to be anything reliable and so I went and looked up reviews and I found THIS. Thank you guys so much for posting, i immediately cancelled my order (which was somehow put into their system TWICE, probably going to max out my debit card!) and I am going to just find the dvd's on amazon or something. Ridiculous. Thanks so much.

• Yo
    Yolanda Y Jul 10, 2009

I don't know how to say.
    I have bought a NCIS seasons 1-6 from dvdsetshop.com last month, it arrived quickly, shiped from China, but good quality, i almost played all disks out, it is ok. just a little damage of the package. Anyhow i think it is a good deal.
    If it is just as you mentioned, please never buy, i think it is a good shop, i will surely use again.
    To the other guys here, if you want to buy cheap but quality dvds, dvdsetshop is not a bad choice, but for others who don't trust me, you can just don't buy from it.

• Va
    Vanessab Aug 05, 2009

omg ive jst ordered season one of true blood, they have not sent me an e-mail to comfirm my payment, also ive have sent them two e-mails askin when well i get a comfirmation about the payment i sent i have not yet recived one. Im really scared now i hope they have not takin my money who do i go to about complaining? vanessa

• Va
    Vanessab Aug 05, 2009

omg ive just ordered true blood season one from that site a couple of days ago. They said they will send me an e-mail to comfirm my payment but i have not recieved it. I've sent them an e-mail twice about it but ive not heard anything from them. Im really scared now because ive used my card what can i do?

• J9
    J9325 Aug 10, 2009

They totally ripped me off!! I ordered NCIS Seasons 1-6 and 2 of the seasons have subtitles that don't come off. They have been giving me the run around when all I've been doing is trying to return them and get my money back. Apparently they expect me to pay to ship them back to China, and they will just pay me the boxset amount? What about the $20 that was included in the original cost? They have something on their website that says 100% satisfaction guaranteed? Bull Crap!! They have done nothing to help me. They should have a better return option. I also think they should notify users that the orders are coming from China. I will never buy anything from them again and I don't think anyone should.

redsock Aug 10, 2009

A HAPPY UPDATE:
    My "mail it back" attempt worked. I got my money!!!
    I finally packaged up the busted DVD set (far nicer than how they sent it to me), mailed it out (by boat, I think, it took about 6-8 weeks) and then sent them a firm but professional email:
    "I have mailed back the DVDs at my own expense. When you receive them, I expect a full refund."
    I cannot guarantee that it will work for you, but it finally did the trick for me. All I lost was the cost of mailing them back.
    And now I'll never deal with these crooks again.

redsock Aug 10, 2009

Also -- I did not wait for them to suggest my sending it back. Like j9325, they also were saying they would pay me $50 or some small amount. That was out of the question.
    So I took a chance and said ### it, I'm sending it back anyway. I think they would have continued to do nothing unless I made the first move. And it worked.
    Just sent them back. And say I've done my part, and I'm paying for shipping, now honour your policy and refund my money. It's a gamble, but it worked for me.

• Ho
    honeyzs Aug 11, 2009

i placed an order with these muppets... the dvds are clealy pirate.. i recieved the same order twice... but have been debited for two different amounts from my credit card... i have tried contacting them but to no avail... so buyer beware... im so pissed off...

• Ri
    Richard Barnett, Aug 14, 2009

Oh god, i was lucky.Loved the TV series... compulsive viewing..best thing ive seen on TV in a real long time. Delivery was very FAST.. 6 days in total.. packaging was a little poor, very slight damage to outer case on delivery.. otherwise a very satisfactory purchase

• Ro
    rourkie Aug 25, 2009

i orderd this box set from australia and i was worried about it but thought i would risk it as it was the cheapest and i saved more then $80.00aus very happy with this product the dvd comes in a beautifull pink box played dvds and there perfect very clear picture would recomend anyone to buy i am a happy buyer.

• Sh
    sharo Sep 02, 2009

I bought Cold case season 1 -6 and army wifes season 1 and 2. They were delivered in about a week and a half (we live in Ireland)and we had no problems with army wife and are on season 1 of cold case now and yes it does have a logo in the corner but at this price that is a small price to pay. I would buy from them again.

• Sd
    sdwillie Sep 19, 2009

So you're complaining about less than studio quality from a pirated release?

christinqueen Oct 17, 2009

that is a scam! i also spent a lot of money only to receive a poor quality DVDs, lukcy is i found another dvd supplier www.elanddvd.com, they accept Paypal, that make it easy when we got problems

christinqueen Oct 17, 2009

I also had a bad expericence with that store. i spent a lot of money only to receive some poor quality DVDs, Lucky is i fond a new dvd supplier www.elanddvd.com they accept Paypal payment, which make it easy when problem raise

• Ru
    rubylove199 Nov 02, 2009

I was also very sceptical about the prices but went ahead and ordered Star Trek: Enterprise Complete Seasons 1-4 Boxset for less than £60. I ordered it on 25th October and it arrived today (I am in the UK), which I thought was excellent. The boxset was beautifully packaged and sealed; however the dvd's are in soft sleeves and there was no booklet (there usually is in these sets). The dvd's look genuine enough; I have received copies from another company so I can tell the difference! They all have menu's and special features as would be expected. So overall I am delighted with both the product and the service...maybe I was just lucky!

• Ta
    tattyteddyx Nov 10, 2009

My boyfriend ordered a boxed set from DVDSETSHOP.COM... When they arrived the boxes were broken and the discs won't play on my dvd player or my play station. They have computer icons coming up whilst playing... When they play and don't freeze.
    I've sent them a few emails about this to no avail... so I went to trading standards who told me to get the money back from my bank... just waiting to see what happens next. I would advise people NOT to order from these companies abroad now following this experience.

miss morgan Dec 04, 2009

they have took my money and not recived any dvds

• De
    deadeyers Dec 10, 2009

I will file a fraudulent charge to my credit card, which will put you under investigation. I'm sure you would rather avoid that. So you should find some way to refund my money faster. You have my address, a check or money order would be just fine.
    I'm sure you have made plenty with your site and just haven't ran across the wrong person yet. YOU JUST DID. I won't stand to be ripped off. If you can process my credit card in 24 hours (although it took more then that) then you can reverse the funds in the same amount of time. The choice is yours!!

If you go to their site now they have changed it around and gave it a new name. I will keep pushing and pursuing these thieves.

JakeT57 Dec 18, 2009

This outfit has taken my money also. My first order was handled quickly and efficiently, was received within 5 days, and I was pleased with the order I received. In mid November, I placed a second order, they confirmed that they received my money, and said a tracking number would be sent shortly. That is the last I have heard from them. They do not respond to my repeated emails, nor to the postings on their website, and all phone numbers I can find for them have either been disconnected or there is no answer. At this point, I would certainly advise anyone to avoid doing business with DVDSETSHOP.