DVD4MusicRip off site

G

I ordered a difficult to find DVD (Carly Simon at Martha's Vineyard) for my wife, the site advertised it as available at ~£19 plus delivery. I ordered the DVD and paid by visa card, I checked back the next day to check status which had changed to "on order".

I've checked back every 2-3 days since and the status is always "on order" I tried emailing the company but got no response, I've tried dozens of times calling the office but always get an answer machine and despite leaving my details, the have never returned my call.

It may only be £20 but I've read elsewhere that they do this thing all the time, they have had my cash now for 2 full months and I doubt if I'll ever get it back (or even my DVD).

• Mu
    musicfan18 Jan 25, 2010

I am in England and I am having a Bad Experience with DVD4Music. I have no Trust in this company.

Sadly I have the same experience as GUNDOS .

The dvd4music website is very professional, as are their "Terms and Conditions"... the website and T&C's fooled me into placing an order and parting with my Credit Card details.

After an order has been placed the money is immediately debited from the purchaser's debit/credit card account.

When enquiring to dvd4music of any progress, their response (if you get one) is very positive, but nothing happens... no goods, no refund to debit/credit card.

I hate dealing with companies that take the money immediately they have credit card details and then don't fulfill their part of the contract.

I will only order items now from companies that only debit the credit card on the day of shipment to the end-user.

I'm very sad.

• So
    southernbelleny Jan 22, 2011

I ordered a DVD for my husband, Led Zepplin Live @ Earls court in November, it is the end of January My order is still listed as ON ORDER. This is rediculous!!!

• Vl
    Vladimir Eremenkov Mar 15, 2011

Same here !
    Ordered BluesQuest 2 month ago - No Item, No response.
    Please stay away -this company is a Fraud!
    Will be complaining to British Consumer Protection Agency.

• Vl
    Vladimir Eremenkov Mar 15, 2011

This Company should be shut down and owner procecuted.
    Placed my order #31875 on January 14th 2011 (after confirmation that item was in stock).
    It si still shown as available on their website (Dvd4music.com), but I never received it.
    My several E-mails remain ignored.
    Ite was paid for and bank account debited at the time of order.

• A1
    a112 Jun 26, 2011

i ordered chris botti sacd was charged $24.oo and, the who special sacd got charged $ 60.00 and never recived it, and my e mails were ignored. this site should be shut down and a class action suit be brough against them.

• Pa
    paul gray Jul 30, 2011

Orderd 2 sacds from this company as the price was good, there was no facility to say the items were in stock, ordered them in early june and noticed they took the money straight away, 2 weeks passed no cds, phoned up and spoke to simon one was in stock and the other wasent, at this point i told him to cancel the one that wasent in stock which he said was fine, 2 more weeks pass still havent got the one he said was instock so after phoning again i asked for a refund, 2 more weeks pass no refund and not answering any phone calls or voice mails or emails, luckly i phoned my bank who returned my money, this company is a total nightmare please avoid i wish i had read the complaints on google first.

• Lo
    Lost my patience May 16, 2012

DVD4MUSIC is strictly a black hole for ordering any DVD they claim to have available.
    They list the DVD's as in stock and when you ask to find out why you never recieve
    them they say are on special order. The bottom line is no legitimate online website
    will charge you for your an until the item ships. I have inquired several times and now they do not even respond. Avoid at these scammers at all costs!

• Al
    Alcon Aug 07, 2012

It's happened to me too. I wish i had red that before i place my order. After 2 months, I am still waiting and no answers . Very sad !!!

• Si
    Simon Christophers Jul 22, 2013

An absolute waste of time ordering from DVD4Music - they dont respond to emails - I have not received the items i purchased from them over 11 weeks ago. Like others on the forum I wished I had never ordered from them. COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF TIME AND A DISAPOINTMENT. Have had to cancel payment via my bank manager to get refund as no reply from the vendors. I am passing Melton Mowbray soon - maybe I will stop by and see them.

• Ve
    Vernon E. Grier Jul 30, 2013

Dvd4 Music is a rip off site and waste of precious time and effort; here is my story, I am from Chicago and I was looking for an out-of-print sacd "Charlie Parker: Now's the Time"; looked on the web and without hesitation, ordered from Dvd4Music site without realizing that the website did not say "in stock", or "backordered"; they took my money $76.79USD immediately; after a week, I emailed Mr. Simon Draper and he emailed immediately back stating that this particular sacd is difficult to find and if I wished, they would cancel the order; okay, time went by and I started to google Dvd4 Music and wow, was I disappointed by all of the negative posts re: Simon Draper and Dvd4 Music; immediately I knew I had been scammed and re-emailed Mr. Draper asking him to cancel my order and refund my money, he replied saying "no problem, we will cancel and sort of the refun" WTF!!! I had to go through my bank to get a reversal of fees (charge back). Mr. Draper and Dvd4Music should be shut down immediately!!! Sincerely, Vernon Grier, Chicago, IL - 7/30/2013

Malcolm King Jun 03, 2015

Dvd4 music is definitely a con. They claim to have items in stock knowing that they don't. I placed my order on 31/10/2007 and was told the item would be dispatched soon. After numerous emails I was told that the item was difficult to source but would be with me soon. They have my money but I still don't have my goods!!!