DVD CompilationsNever received product I was charged for.

I ordered a set of DVD's for Christmas on 12/10/07. I did not receive the tracking number in the specified amount of time and emailed them requesting that information on 12/12/07. This was my first concern that I was not dealing with a real company. They sent me an email with the tracking number of CE469136193CA through Canada Post. This tracking number showed the products progress as far as the USA/Canada boarder. Supposedly my DVD's crossed into the United States on 12/14/07. The tracking number gave an estimated delivery time of 12/19/07. So I figured I was wrong and my DVD's would arrive sometime 12/18-12/24 like the website promised. Well, 12/19/07 came and went. So did 12/20 & 12/21. I sent them a second email on 12/21/07 requesting a status on my shipment since the tracking number they gave me was worthless and my credit card had been charged way back on 12/10/07. This was my second clue that I was not dealing with a real company. I made a special trip into my office on 12/24/07 in a last ditch effort to see if my DVD's had been delivered in time for Christmas. Of course they had not. On 12/26/07 I sent them an email demanding to know what was going on with my product and threatening to report them to the BBB & my credit card company. Later that day I did in fact call my credit card company and begin a transaction dispute after I attempted to pull up the www.dvdcomplications.com website and it gave me an error message. I tried to report them to the Canadian BBB but their website kept locking up on me. I do intend to go back to the BBB website and leave a report there as well. I don't know whether I will recoup the money or not but I have taken action.

david paushter Dec 19, 2007

Order never received. Tracking code through Canadian postal shows received in Montreal on 12/01. Company has not responded to 4 emails. I want a refund!!!

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 19, 2007

Contact your credit card company for dispute stating that you were charged for product, tried to contact company about not receiving product without success. Your credit card company usually will remove the charge pending an investigation.

Pablo.

Dawn Cunningham Dec 20, 2007

I paid for dvds from dvd compilations The Grizzly Adamas T.V. series by credit card and never received them.They was a
    christmas gift for a cancer patient who really wonted to see them I guess thats what happens when you try to help people or trust others I could not afforded this on my fixed income of 623.00 per month.

• Al
    Alissa Renton Dec 24, 2007

Ordered Scarecrow and Mrs King in November it still hasn't arrived and they have took the payment out. I get no response to my emails i would never order from them again.

• Do
    dominique sterlin Dec 24, 2007

ordered Newhart series end of november. They were supposed to be delivered in mid december. I emailed them twice about that but never got any answer. I realized yesterday that the website does not exist anymore and that a number of people are in the same situation than the one i am in...

If there is something that can be done to fix this situation i am in.

• Ca
    Carol Nosbush Dec 25, 2007

I ordered Full TV Series of Little HOuse on the Prarie and have not received it either. They were quick to collect payment.
    I am filing a greivance with my financial information for the entire amount of the order.

Matt Henderson Dec 26, 2007

I should have looked into this further. Their website no longer exists, I paid for the 11 seasons of Carol Burnett Shows and they took my payment, give no phone # or address to contact. And I never received my shipment confirmation with tracking # on 12/18/07 as instructed I would. This is a huge scam apparently so please save your money!

• Ro
    Robin Calote Dec 27, 2007

Ordered nov 21st took my money never received my DVDs for my son. Sent me one e-mail to confirm order with tracking #cx186797542ca. Called canada post office could not help or would not! Have e-mailed dvdcompilations several times will not respond. Its ashame they have to steal from people but little children at that. Cant get no phone number or address to contact them.

• Au
    Audra Jones Dec 28, 2007

I ordered the SOAP series but did not receive all of the seasons that I ORDERED AND PAID FOR. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

• De
    debi slater Dec 28, 2007

I ordered the Doug cartoon series and the Wonder Year series. I paid almost 150.00 for the two sets as Christmas presents. I can't remember the last time I was so disgusted with any company. The wonder years is only partial and I have duplicates. The Doug series is nothing but the old Dragnet series. Isn't there some way to recoup our losses? I am so angry by the dishonesty of these crooks. I emailed them to tell them I wanted them to rectify this problem but have not heard from them. I read here that they went out of business, surprise, surprise!!!

I am so angry about this. I hope they fall and break every bone in their bodies!

• Ra
    Randy Pin Dec 28, 2007

I bought the complete Ironside and High Chaparral collections from this company as Christmas gifts. I received order confirmations but I never received tracking numbers. When I tried to contact them the website was gone and the street address that the Better Business Bureau had for them doesn't exist. There was no phone number available either. This is a huge scam. If you've been taken, check with your credit card company. Some credit card companies may reimburse your money.

• De
    Denise Halbert Dec 28, 2007

dvdcompilations.com are PIRATES! And I don't mean Johnny Depp....

I ordered The Six Million Dollar Man And The Bionic Woman And they are pirated versions!!!
    I Payed $158.00 And my eposodes have the siecnce fiction emblem and other TV emblems in the lower right hand corner that say "I'm not authentic, I'm Pirated!!!!!!!!!!!".
    I tried to contact them ,and their sight is no longer!!!! Surprise??????????Surprise?????????
    I am now seeking leagal action.

Sincerely, Denise

Mari Miville Dec 31, 2007

12/10/07 ordered a Barney Miller DVD set from DVDCompilations.com, stated on the site it would be delivered before Christmas and I was to receive an email with a tracking number when shipped. Never recieved a tracking number, never received the merchandise, emails are unanswered and their web site has vanished. They charged my credit card $102. Thankfully my credit card company has removed the charge from my bill and will go after their bank for the return of the charge (thanks Chase !!) but others may not be so lucky. People please be careful when buying on line, I was too trusting and was fooled, we work too hard for our money to throw it away on ### like this !

Mari Miville Dec 31, 2007

Ordered a Barney Miller DVD set, was to be delivered before Christmas, it never arrived, I never received a shipping confirmation, and no emails are answered. The web site has vanished, yup, I got ripped off. Gives a whole new meaning to the word "GRINCH". Thankfull my credit card company took the charge off my bill and is going after their bank for the charge (thanks Chase, your the best!). Please do not order from DVDCompilations anyone!

daem Jan 01, 2008

Also ordered Carol Burnett and never got tracking number or DVDs. Called the credit card company to take it off my bill since that took it out the day I ordered the series. Don't order ANYTHING!!

• To
    Todd M. Sechrist Jan 02, 2008

I ordered a set of Dean Martin Roast DVD's on 12/6/2007. I received an email from [email protected] on 12/7/2007 confirming my order and that it would arrive by 12/28/2007. I received a tracking website www.canadapost.com and a tracking number which only tell me that the order arrived at the Canada border.

Well, its now January 2, 2008 and no DVD's have arrived. The website that I ordered from has disappeared.

I am filing a dispute with my credit card, and will also seek to file a case with the BBB in Canada.

This person is scam artist and is a pathetic human being!

[email protected]

• Se
    Sergio DiGeronimo Jan 02, 2008

I did not receive my order, though it was promised for 12/24. No response whatsoever to my email inquiries. Now, the website is down. Very disappointed.

janis dowling Jan 03, 2008

Received pirated copies of the lone ranger complete series. DVD's were not sealed and looked used.

• Ra
    Ray We Jan 03, 2008

This company is a scamming joke... Promise these great deal with great savings but the fact of the matter is they suck... Send them all your info credit card ect. and get nothing in return... A true disgrace... discusting!

• On
    Ontario Canada Jan 03, 2008

I definitly urge to save your money if the site ever comes up again!!!

• Tk
    T.Karwinski Jan 04, 2008

I ordered a dvd from this company (dvdcompilations.com) and was gauranteed that I would receive it before Christmas. It never did arrive. I wrote customer service complaining about it and now they have their server block me and I can not access their site. Some consumer agency needs to look into them.

Dawna Qualls Jan 04, 2008

I, as well, have been scammed. I tried to give them a second chance after reading the other complaints (even after their website wouldn’t load – how naïve can I be??!); however I still have not received my order which was to arrive by December 24th and have not received an email response to my email requesting status. I should have trusted my instincts! Order Number: 53002

• Ki
    Kimberly Biberstein Jan 04, 2008

Just a follow up to my earlier post.

I did file a complaint with the Canadian BBB on 1/2/08. The case was closed by the Canadian BBB the same day. The reason given was: Business address does not exist - UNPURSUABLE.

My credit card company is still processing my transaction dispute and that looks more promising for getting my money back.

Good luck to everyone else who got sucked in by this company!

~Kimberly

• Ki
    Kimberly Biberstein Jan 04, 2008

Hope you are more successful at getting somewhere with the Canadian BBB than I was!

They closed my case as unpursuable the same day I submitted it.

Good luck!

• He
    herb covington Jan 04, 2008

I am a victim of this same scam.i ordered the carol burnett dvd,received a tracking number,and did receive responses from the company by email, but they are a bunch of vague idiots, including the canada post office, whom i called on several occasions, as this was intended as a christmas gift. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company,and did get the credit back to my account. I have a feeling that during the time i placed my order, this company was in bankruptcy, and i can understand why. They had a terrible way of doing any sort of business transactions.

• Kr
    krystle smith Jan 04, 2008

i ordered a box set of perry mason> 185$ and never received it. luckily i used my credit card> thanks chase! and they refunded it. i think it's ashame that honest, hard-working people try to buy something for their loved ones and end up gettig ripped off and no present to give on christmas. i'm ordering from amazon or half.com from now on. i've never had a problem with either.

sarah farrelly Jan 05, 2008

I ordered the wonder years and family ties boxset, they said they would deliver on the 28th of dec and still have not arrived. I have sent numerous emails and still no response. I am fuming, nothing but ### that cheat people out of money. These were christmas presents and now ive to spend more money on buying new presents. I will never but anything over the internet again.

• Ke
    Kevin Alex-Long Jan 08, 2008

Hi I never got my DVD's. can you please let me know where they are.

Jody Lynn Richards Jan 09, 2008

I ordered a compilation of Carol Burnett shows. I received an e-mail stating I would get the product by Dec. 31. Never arrived and I cannot contact them via e-mail. My charge card was charged. I am contesting the charge with my credit card company.

• Je
    Jessica L. Vanfossen Jan 10, 2008

I ordered The Punky Brewster seasons 1-4, 12 discs the recording is awful until the first season is over and then disc 10 reads there is no disc in the player when it is! Terrible quality product. Beware people!

• Kr
    Kristy Staley Jan 10, 2008

The same thing has happened to me I never received my DVDS either and I dont know quite what to do about it.

• Pa
    Patricia Eaton Jan 11, 2008

I ordered what was supposed to be the complete series of the television show Yes, Dear. According to other complaints, I seem to be lucky that I even got my order. However, the dvds are obviously pirated and there are several episodes missing. So much for a nice Christmas present.

• Br
    Brenda Harr Jan 12, 2008

I ordered a Christmas gift for my mother on 12/07/2007 and was told I would receive the order between 12/21 and 12/24/2007. It is now 1/12/2008 and I still have not received this order. I have e-mailed the company twice with no response.

• Mi
    mike harley Jan 13, 2008

I had ordered the Man from U.N.C.L.E. for my wife as a Christmas gift, and discovered that only the first year was sent, and "Goodlife TV Network" appears on the bottom of the screen. The Picture and sound quality is "shakey".

I had originally ordered all episodes (four years).. At first, they were quick to respond to my initial e mail, but now after two requests, I have yet to recieve any type of response.

Can anything be done?

• La
    Laurie Tubbs Jan 14, 2008

I'm shocked! These scoundrels at dvdcompilations.com, from Canada, fleeced me of $80 for a dvd set of the X-Men series that was to be a Christmas gift for my son and it never arrived and they have never responded to my e-mail! They should face criminal charges!

• St
    Steve Lilley Jan 15, 2008

I ordered the DVD set of the TV series FRIDAY THE 13Th, which ran from 1987-1990. I ordered it on 12-08-07 from dvdcompilations.com and never rec'd my product, sent 3 emails to them to no avail, but they didn't hesitate to w/drawal $65 from my Visa account, now I see the website is no more. This sucks, do I have (or anyone else that got screwed) any recourse?!?!?! This was to be a Christmas gift!

• Tk
    T.Karwinski Jan 16, 2008

I ordered a tv series on dvd through dvdcompilations. They took my money but did not deliver my product. The people running this operation initially blocked my IP Addy from writing them further. Now I hear the company is possibly dissolved. Called my credit card company about the fraud and made a report to the gov regarding internet fraud. Hope they catch these people.

• Mi
    michael.rees Jan 16, 2008

Bought on the 16th of december 07. Should have received the third watch box set by the 5th january 08 at the latest but never turned up. Have emailed several times but they have never replied!

• Vi
    Virginia Fawcett Jan 20, 2008

Ordered a DVD set, I received a confirmation e-mail and a tracking # but nothing else. The website is shut down and they do not respond to e-mails. Neither does the CanadaPost website. Just set up a rip-off site for Christmas time.

• Do
    Donny R. Rascon Jan 24, 2008

I ordered the complete JAG series Dec. 15. I was charged for the series, but its Jan. 24 and still no series. I've sent a couple of e-mails wondering where the dvds were, but no response. I just want what I paid for.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices