Dunn Russell & Associates, Inc.Took money and never finished loan modification

Dunn Russell & Associates, Inc.- They were to work with the bank to get a loan modification for us. We paid them $2950 in which we were to get this money back if they didn't success with the modification. This process started in July 2009. We have called so many times since July and seemed to be getting the run around. They did start working with the bank and then it came to a dead halt. Suddenly we were having trouble getting an information from Dunn Russell. Today I called again & now there is a message that says they are out of business and bankrupt. They broke their contract with us and took our money. I want our money back. They also told us not to contact the bank directly. Should have known better. We did check up on them as best we could before we started this disaster. They even had a lawyer working with them (which we checked up on before we started all of this. Please help! We are now trying to work with the bank.

More Dunn Russell & Associates, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Doreatha Roberts Feb 16, 2010

Dunn Russell & Associate, took our money and has lied since 10/1/2009. we would like our money back. someon call daily untill we agree to do business with them, and paid them $1400 dollars, now we are behine on our mortage. They had a lawyer workin with them. PLEASE HELP WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK.

Doreatha Roberts Feb 16, 2010

Dunn Russell and Associate should not be allow to reopen under a new name. this is not right and we will continue to do what we have to get our money back.

Lisa981935 Feb 18, 2010

In Aug.2009 I hired these ###! I paid them $2995.50 They told me theywould be preforming a" Forensic Audit" they would restrusture my loan, they could extend it to 40 yrs and get a lower interest rate, they would have there attorney analyze my info and make sure I was eligable, because the dont accept cases they can not win.The next evening around 5:30pm I was told by Debbi Metcalf Dunn Russell's office in Orange Calif. She said they would take my case and I was looking at a 40yr. 3%-4% and payment would come down to 920.00 including escrow. I started getting the runaroundin sept. they wouldnt call or email they'd come up with excuse after excuse they switched SR. procesors four times and each of them would need me to refax my paperwork telling me it was incomplete, I told them I dont uderstand how that is possiable I have sent you the same papers 4 Freaking times. Be paitent this is a long process and takes time, I went into default, I faxed them the info they told me its ok . Next Im getting foreclosure papers Im coming unglued and want my moneyNo one would return my calls or my emails the next processor Robrt Tiva yes your home is being forclosed but in doesnt have a sell date, I told him I dont want it to get a F#&**@! sell date. My next processor is KimA. she plays her game with me and I call Steve dunn he has his turn playing the same game I call Brian the Attorney and yes now its his BS . Here is the Kick me in the teeth. on Feb. 9, 2010. Oscar D Torres Jr. my final Bullsh***er. Tells me the modification has been approved it will happen in a week or as soon as I fax him the updated doc. my lender needs he sent all the info. via email just follow the instrutions( Im thinking Oh my god is that the light at the end of the tunnel I was hoping for)? so I get all the doc. im taking them to work to fax on tuesday but I need to ask 1more question so I call and Hear"" You have reached the former office of Dunn russell..blah blah. Im saying oh god please .Have any of you received the notice in the mail they said they would be sending or know how to check if and when they filed. I am SO MAD!!! GOOD LUCK to everyone who as I Trusted these Azz*****.

Angel in Ohio Feb 20, 2010

I just seen the same message about them filing bankruptcy. What about all of the people they took so much money from??????? I paid them $2950 from September to December of 2009 and they sure took all that money gladly... If they were going under they should have known by September and not taken my money. And now it looks as if none of us will get any of our money back. How horrible is that??? I prayed about this and researched the company and everything and now this?? All I can say is "If they think God won't get them, they're wrong." I believe God will take care of me... He always has. But it disturbs me greatly that this place got away with so much money from so many people having a hard time already. It's hard to take that much money as a loss, when a good portion was my widowed mother's money who was already having it hard, but I don't know what else to do. Anyone have any advice?? Is it squeezing blood from a turnip to demand a refund when they filed bankruptcy on all of us??? Because of these terrible people they kept taking my money and I was unable to give my kids much of a Christmas or anything. If the church hadn't helped us with groceries, we wouldn't have even had that. Thank God the Lord blessed me with a good job. I hope all of you have success in getting your money and keeping your homes... and if you hear any news on how to get your refund, please share it with all of us! Thank you!

• Ga
    gapeacch Feb 20, 2010

I am another sucker of Dunn Russell & Associates. I paid them 2995.00 and was told I would have everything done within 2-3 months. I was even sending in my pay stubs every two weeks per their request. Like the others, I started getting the run around until I got the bankruptcy message. I am very upset and want my money back as they promised if I did not get my modification completed. They wiped me out and I am now in more trouble then when I started. Please help...

Broke_and_Mad Feb 22, 2010

I have been working with them since Jun 2009 gave them $2950.00 up front and yes same thing someone called me almost everyday until they got their money, and up until about a month ago when I started not getting calls returned and last Friday I found out that they filed bankrupcy. So what do we all do now?

• Jk
    JKVPPP Feb 22, 2010

Dunn Russell & Associates, Inc.- They were to work with the lender to get a loan modification for us. We paid them $2950 in which we were to get this money back if they didn't success with the modification. This process started in August 2009. We have called so many times since August and seemed to be getting the run around. They did start working with the lender and kept telling me that the lender is reviewing the file. Suddenly we were having trouble getting any information from Dunn Russell. Today I called again & now there is a message that says they are out of business and bankrupt. They broke their contract with us and took our money. I want our money back. They also told us not to contact the lender directly. Should have known better. I researched them the best I could before we started this mess. They even had a lawyer working with them (which I looked into) everything seemed legit. I signed a contract stating and confirming that I would get my money back if they were unsuccessful in getting the loan modified...well, the process was unsuccessful and I never got my services as promised!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

• Pa
    Parris1986 Feb 22, 2010

We also were taken to the cleaners by these ripoff artists. It cost us $4950 for the same run around everyone else seems to have gotten. We have been working with them since October 2009 and are worse off now than we were then thanks to Dunn Russell. From what I have read in the posts here sounds like we all got the same excuses as to why things were not getting done. I only hope that with all the complaints to the Attorney Generals Office, Better Business Bureau and the California Bar Association that these people are held accountable and pay for their crimes. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! We never received what we paid for and the services they promised to us in a modification. Funny they had a 100% money back guarantee...

Broke_and_Mad Feb 23, 2010

Someone must know what we all can do to get our money back from these jerks. Maybe we should contact like 60 Minutes! There has to be a way to stop these people.

lisa furney Feb 24, 2010

Hi I was also a victim of dunn russell and assoc. I also payed 2950.00 but my case has been going on since feb 2009
    I also heard all the excuses that you all did and i am very upset. My loan modification still is in the works and I also dealt
    with every tom dick and harry, but the biggest liar was Oscar. I trusted these people and i also research alot on them.
    I have a husband and 3 children my husband lost his job and i am the only income.
    who knows were i'll be living probally in the streets thanks to dunn russell.
    PLEASE HELP BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!!

Lisa981935 Feb 24, 2010

lisa furney you said the biggest liar was oscar would that be ocar torres jr.?

Feb. 9, 2010. Oscar D Torres Jr. my final Bullsh***er. Tells me the modification has been approved it will happen in a week or as soon as I fax him the updated doc. my lender needs he sent all the info. via email just follow the instrutions.

Lisa981935 Feb 24, 2010

After the bill in calif. passed I had noticed there web page was changing and on One occasion I noticed the nationwide loan service, so i aked one of the processer who was working on my case and she had told me the company was merging with a new company called nationwide loan service. I have been searching and here is what i have found: this link http://www.nationwideloanserv.com/links.htm on the contact us link gives an address: One liberty Place 1650 Maret street 36th floor Philadelphia, Pa 19103
    and the ph. # 866-291-6032 I called it they were closed so I hit extention 213 and the voice said Robert tiva who happened to be another processer on my case. I called the # on monday and asked were thay where located and the man said Burbank Calif. I feel Dunn Russell filed bankruptcy and merged with or is operating /renamed the company. Does anyone know and can share any info on how or whom I could we can contact to find out about this. I file complaints with Attorney General in calif -washington state ( thats were I live ) philadelphia & fannie mae. I havent had any responces yet but will keep you all informed with any info because In a group we have alot more POWER I hope this info is helpful and Please LET KEEP IN TOUCH! Lisa

• Th
    The G's Feb 24, 2010

We also were working with Dunn Russell...just finding out today of their bankruptcy. We haven't quite had too many problems in the past with them, but I am afraid that the problems are about to come! We are actually in a trial modification, but we feel they didn't do as much of the work on it as we did. We did go thru a few processors and the last one didn't have much time for our questions. We started our process in late September of 2009, and on our 3rd month of the trial. I have heard that we could still be denied the modification. I would like to know if anyone gets any ideas on how we could get Dunn Russell to pay back all these people that they have messed up so badly! I think that maybe someone should contact a news show to look into this!

• Pa
    Parker43 Feb 26, 2010

I am in the same boat as everyone else with Dunn Russel... What can we do to get our money back?

• We
    wency Feb 26, 2010

Dunn and russell also got us to pay $2950 to modify our loan last september 2009. today, got a denial letter from my lender and called Dunn and russell and found out through voicemail that they had filed for bankruptcy.. WTF!!! what should we do now???? they took my money and nothing got modified!!! THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!. I agree with you guys, we should contact 60 minutes so they could investigate on this matter! Please let me know if anybody has a way to contact and track the former dunn and russell associates...
    -WBrown

D_O Mar 01, 2010

Same here everyone I got scammed too! I went to the better business bureau (www.bbb.org) to file a complaint. Awaiting their response. I did receive a letter from my bank stating that they are working on my case. Now that I know the situation with Dunn and Russell I've been pestering my bank to get a status and guess what...even they aren't being responsive. Unbelievable!

• Ho
    hopeless from illinois Mar 02, 2010

In today's mail (3/1/10) I received a notice from the California Bankruptcy court that Dunn Russell filed and was out of business. We started our process in April 2009 and it has been a nightmare. Like many, I did my homework prior to turning over $2950.oo (which I could have used to make a mortgage payment). I should have known things were going bad after dealing with Joan Delvalle; the worst of the worst.
    It is March 2010 and BOA is finally working with us. It is amazing that we didn't loose our home after going through this entire process.

• Ve
    Very Worried in Iowa Mar 02, 2010

We, as well as everyone who also has made these complaints, also paid Dunn Russell and Associates to help us save our home. They were paid alot of money and according to them, they were going to contact our lender and were going to be working with them to modify our loan to keep our house. We had faxed them our information several times to be told it didn't go through, or it was incomplete. Finally, things seemed to be fine and we relaxed a little bit.
    Then all of a sudden, we stopped hearing from them. When we tried to reach them, the call didn't go through. We had been working with them for several monthes. (or so we thought). Now, we are once again terrified that we are going to lose our home and don't know what to do.

Broke_and_Mad Mar 02, 2010

Yes I believe they will just move on with a different name and do this to a whole new bunch of people. I did put in a suggestion on the 60 Minutes website, telling them about our plight...I haven't heard back from them as yet, but I think we should all be doing that. Go to any tv news show...BIG ones and tell our story, if they hear it from all of us they just might help us.

Can't believe there are people out there who will do worse than kick you when you are down, I would give anyone a helping hand up, but not Dunn & Russell, they preyed on people who were scared and praying for help.

• Gr
    grant gillespie Mar 02, 2010

i agree, they took $1500 dollars of my money and never even finished the loan modification. they then said i could have my money back, after the information exchange to have my money returned nothing happened. they dont even answer the phone any more.

• If
    I fell for it Mar 03, 2010

We also paid 2950, then they prolonged the modification, and we actually came within 30 minutes of having our home auctioned. The did NOTHING for us except take our money, and make us pay 4500 more to keep our home from being sold. If the filed chapter 7, is there anyway to get our money? They've been avoiding me for 2 months now.

type in: Stephen Parzigian

Lisa981935 Mar 03, 2010

se let me know if aData is updated weekly and is current as of Friday, February 26, 2010. It is not a complete or certified record of the entity.

Entity Name: NATIONWIDE LOAN SERVICES, INC.
    Entity Number: C3262254
    Entity City, State, Zip: LEWES DE 19958
    Agent for Service of Process: STEPHEN K PERZIGIAN
    Agent Address: 211 N VICTORY BLVD
    Agent City, State, Zip: BURBANK CA 91502

* Indicates the information is not contained in the California Secretary of State's database.

• Bk
    bksmith Mar 05, 2010

We also paid $2950 for a loan modification and they called us and emailed every week until they got their money from us. Than the y stop calling and emailing us. We last sent a email in January 2010. Walter Roman sent us a email but saying give us 48 hours to see how your loan is going. Well, thats the longest 48 hour I've every seen. We got the letter the other day . We need to get our money back because we trusted them to lower our mortgage by $300. We need the help since I just had back surgery in August. Please help us too.!!! Bruce and Annette Smith from SC.

jankitch48 Mar 06, 2010

I agree, beginning in October 2009 we paid them a total of $3, 950. They just kept asking us for more confidential information and never told us where we stood. As with everyone else we were told that if they could not help us we would get our money back. All that money which will be lost now probably since they are in bankruptcy and it appears that they would need to pay back several people their money. I would also like to know what happens to all of the cnfidential information that they have taken from all of us.
    If anyone gets a result or action from this bankruptcy I would love to know about it.

Lisa981935 Mar 07, 2010

Hello My name is Lisa Yost I have been told by Howard Ehrenberg he is the Trustee appointed to Investigate Dunn russell's Bankruptcy Case you should find his number on the bankruptcy notice you received. I spoke to him and he is a Nutral party reguarding the case. I have provided him with alot of information I found after doing much research about dunn russell the company and said ower Steve Dunn and what i have found out is his name is not steve dunn his True Name is: Stephen K. Parzigian .
    stevedunn.net & dunnrussel.com are names he created or purchased when he purchased these domaines to operate these web site's and companys and now both of these domain name's are For Sale I found this info. at a site called - BuyDomaines.com .
    What i found MOST Interesting is that kim Avita had told me dunnrussell was merging with Nationwide Loan Services Inc.and i would have to start sending my documents to there #. I found out Nationwide loan services Inc. was licenced by Stephen K. Perzigian. i know this ### (excuse me ) is still in bussness just under a different name . i hope this was helpfull sorry for being long winded if you have any question feel to send me a message and I will give my # to call. You can check dunnrussell client list and find my name so you know I am real and Not one of there flunkies. whats that saying " You have Greater Power in Numbers"

• Ha
    Happy to Share Mar 07, 2010

We had considered working with Dunn Russell in September of 2009. After a change of heart (and initial deposit of $500), it took me nearly a month and a half to get our money back. My name must have been listed as a client, as I have recently received a notification that the firm has declared bankruptcy. Fortunately, our deposit was small (and we got it back).

Firms like Dunn Russell seem to attact clients based on the (perceived) promise of big reductions -- in our case, they suggested that we could save over $1000 a month in payments, and that they could deliver a modification to our APR to as little as 2%.

My instinct was to contact the bank directly and work with them to modify the loan. The truth is that we didn't need a 2% APR on the mortgage -- getting it down to 4.25% would prove to be a big enough impact on our monthly expenses.

I'm happy to report that our lender was able to accommodate our needs, and gave an extremely favorable modification -- good for the life of the loan.

The guidelines and programs available to homeowners are changing everyday. Before you consider shelling out up to $3000 to get a modification, you may want to call your bank and see what they can offer you.

Good luck!

• Em
    Employee 123 Mar 08, 2010

Hopeless of Illinois not so hopeless...

Hi: I am very sorry for whats going on to all this people. Sadly, the employees work hard to do loan modifications and we had hundreds of approvals, the company wasnt created to scam people. In the time I worked there lots of people were helped and tons of approval came out. Including the person that wrote here Hopeless of Illinois, Mary Falchek. She was approved and she even refused to speak with the processor of her case WITH HER OWN LENDER. She mentioned my name "calling the worst" reality check to this lady I did over 150 approvals on my cases before I left the office. I do not work in Dunn Russell anymore; in fact I stopped working there since the first week of November. Its sad of what others are going through but thats NOT the case of this lady that refer to a regular employee without knowing that even though they are in bankruptcy now she was help and she in fact received an approval from her lender. I do not work there and I am not responsible of charging any money to people. The lady never hired me to work for her so she should avoid using my name in expressions that could be inflamatory and difamatory and better in my particular mention a BIG LIE. If she is having trouble now, its not because of me since you hired the company on April and I havent work there for the last 6 months, when I left all the cases where under review and there were no trouble; what happened after I dint had any control. To this particular lady, please take your anger at somebody else not on me. Again, I understand the frustration of many people here but please dont blame employees or ex-employees of the bankruptcy of a company that no one has control of it, beside the owners.

As a suggestion to the people that are trying to figure something out please contact your HUD office closer to home to look for help and good luck, am sorry but I am not an employee for this company in the last 6 months and dont know what happened.

Broke_and_Mad Mar 10, 2010

Thank you for your comment and you are right people should not blame the workers...this is totally on the owners. There was something going on that wasn't right though or so many of us wouldn't be here without our money and without a loan modification. I had been working with Dunn Russell since last June several times I was told that at the point I was at my modification should be closing in about 45 days...well those 45 days never came. Dunn Russell has my $2950.00 and now has started another company doing the same thing. I'm just trying to figure out how to get my name and money listed on the court papers so I can try to get at least some of it back.

Lisa981935 Mar 10, 2010

Employee123, Can you elaberate a little more on what you were saying about Hopeless of Illinois not so hopeless...

She was approved and she even refused to speak with "processor of her case" (WITH HER OWN LENDER)

I want to make sure I understood you wright. Please ASAP

• Fr
    Frustrated and angry Mar 16, 2010

We are in the same boat as all of you! In Aug. 2009 we paid $1500 and got nothing from them! We are so angry and frustrated! There has to be a way for all of us who were scammed to get our money back. We need to stop people like this from doing this to anyone else.

Lisa981935 Mar 20, 2010

How many of you that are fortunate enough to live in or around L.A. are going to attend this " Meeting Of Creditor's " regarding dunn russell STEPHEN K. PARZIGIAN other wise known as Steve Dunn Bankruptcy claim. The reason I am asking is I unfortunitly live in washington state and it would cost me close to 700.00 round trip to attend. I would give anything to be there but I just simply can NOT afford it .
    What I am trying to say or ask is If you are going to attend could anyone take notes of what was said ? I am Pleading for someone to help me by letting me know what was said/ what question and anwsers/ during the meeting it would be the start of some kind of closure for what this ### has cost me please if anyone would be so kind please post here or email me [email protected]

Lisa981935 Mar 20, 2010

In case some of you have not heard this guy that ripped us off is back in business. I have posted the information below. He is still in california doing loan modifications and is still able to charge up front money because the company is under the jurisdiction of DELAWARE.
    As I understand it this is acceptable and done by companies all the time.

How does this make you feel? I can tell you I am F#*K ing pissed! crooks like STEPHEN PARZIGAIN
    needs to be STOPPED and punished ! I have more information if you are interested. I plan on pursuing this crook.

Business Entity Detail

Data is updated weekly and is current as of Friday, March 12, 2010. It is not a complete or certified record of the entity.

Entity Name: NATIONWIDE LOAN SERVICES, INC.
    Entity Number: C3262254
    Agent Address: 211 N VICTORY BLVD
    Agent City, State, Zip: BURBANK CA 91502

• Ti
    TinaB542 Mar 21, 2010

These people are walking, talking, lying ###. If you try to back out the "deal", they attempt to scare you with "the mortgage company doesn't care about you and aren't looking out for your interests like we are" routine. The only "interest" Dunn Russell had in me was my checkback. I screamed, and screamed loud, and got my money back and cashed that check quicker than you can say, "Boo!" We got the modifaction, no help to Dunn Russell, after 6 months of run arounds, unanswered calls, unanswered emails, etc.

Lisa Swaggerty Mar 31, 2010

Well I am in the same boat as the rest of you. Did the investigation as to them being reputible. Gave them the same amount and nothing completed as far as my loan modification. Tried dealing with Citi Mortgage myself.
    That is a waste of time; They called me to workout the loan modification; we agreed and now the contract they sent me isn't what we agreed upon. Who can help us little people that don't have the fat crooked lawyers?

• Tr
    tracyday1 Apr 06, 2010

well I am in the same boat I am so upset they beat for 2995.00 also and could really use that money to make my mortgage payment. It makes me sick to my stomach is there anything we can do. tkingman

Lisa981935 Apr 07, 2010

WOW... ONLY 1 CALIFORNIA CLIENT SHOWED UP!! THATS A SHAME!!

Only one person appeared at the hearing. Mr. Parzigian did appear and answered all of my questions. It appears that there will not be any significant funds for distribution to creditors.

From: Lisa and Jeff ]
    Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 1:18 PM
    To: DunnRussell
    Subject: Any Info.

Hello Mr. Ehrenberg, I was a client of Dunn Russell Did many people attend the meeting of creditors ? What if any, information can you provide as to the out come of Stephen Parzigian /Dunn Russell chapter 7 Bankruptcy claim .

If you can not provide any information, will you Please provide me some detail where I may continue my search. Thank You Lisa Yost

**********************************************************************
    This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
    contain confidential or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized
    review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
    intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail, delete this
    message from your computer and destroy all copies of the original message.
    **********************************************************************

Broke_and_Mad Apr 15, 2010

We all need to make sure that we let everyone know about this person and the new company that he is stealing from people with now. Maybe we can truely make him bankrupt! Just wishful thinking but it seems like people like this always get by and the rest of us hard working people struggle so that they can take advantage of us. Has anyone thought about trying a class action suit againist him? Just thinking!

• Ju
    Judy Thompson Apr 19, 2010

If anyone knows how we can take action and get our money back and prevent them from doing this to anyone else, please let us know. These are very hard times and we trusted in them. When we looked everything up on them, they seemed to be legite. Now I have tyo move