DRI*PCTOOLS.COMUnauthorized Debit

J

Don't know the website... my accout just said: DRI*PCTOOLS.COM this posted on my account on 11/10/08... the amount was 39.95. Last Thursday I saw another unauthorized debit of 39.95 by DRI**ELEMENT5.COM (whoever this is? a scam ofcourse.) ... yet this last scam on the 11/10 was after I changed my Debit Card number??? How is that even possible... I JUST HAD IT CHANGED AND HAVE NOT USED IT!!!

• Ju
    Juan A. Gazquez Oct 15, 2008

cargos de 29.95 € de compras que yo no he hecho

Marinus Berghuis Nov 12, 2008

I just discovered 2 payments this month plus 5 other one's originating from Cyprus.
    From the comment, Visa itself is compromised.Have cancelled my credit card yesterday and this morning another payment recorded on a dead credit card?
    Have contacted the bank asking for a full investigation.

• Ph
    Philecia Anderson Nov 14, 2008

As I explained in the subject line above. I no longer own a computer, I havn't owned one in a while. I was wonder why my Sears Master card was charged i guess to renew my spy program. Can someone get back to me and explain what these charges are. The charges were made in August or September.

• Ro
    Robert Clare Nov 14, 2008

ON THE 09/11/08 PC TOOLS HAVE REMOVED MONEY FROM MY ANZ ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TOTAL WAS $49.95. I NO LONGER USE THIS COMPANY FOR INERNET SECURITY. PLEASE ADVISE HOW I CAN RETREIVE THIS AMOUNT FROM THIS TYPE OF ACTION.

• Du
    dugano Dec 04, 2008

I had a charge of 76.27 on my debit card from PC TOOLS and I had never herd of them.I called them to stop it because it was still pending.They directed me to Element 5 and they told me they couldn't do anything.I had my debit card canceled and I called PC TOOLS and told them if there is money taken out of my account I wanted a refund and I was told since I canceled my card they could not give me a refund but I could chose one of thier products.It might not mean anything but we had a email from eeb.msn and it went into our email and mailed itself out wanting people to buy certain products.We got it removed .Did anyone else get one and do you think it was a worm that entered and got debit or credit card info.

• Ti
    TINA J Dec 20, 2008

MY CREDIT CARD WAS BILLED FOR 29.95 ON THE 18TH OF DEC BY DRI ELEMENT5.COM AND WHEN I COMPLAINED TO MY BANK ABOUT IT THE NEXT DAY THETY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO DRI" PCTOOLS.COM AND TRIED AGAIN, THIS TIME IT HAS GONE THROUGH BUT I AM HAVING THIS INVESTIGATED ALSO.THEY ARE LIKE PITT BULLS THEY DON'T GIVE UP.

• Al
    Alexander Temnikov Dec 22, 2008

On 22 December, 2008 I discovered that 29, 95 USD payment has been made on 04th Decemver through my credit card. I must confirm that I don't know this company DRI*PCTOOLS and never had the intention to purchase anything from them. Obviously I was subject to fraud. In my view the authorized agencies must start investigation against the people wha stay behind all this.

• Be
    Bertiz Dec 29, 2008

I have received a charge from Bank of America for $29.95 for an alleged purchase on 12/16/08
    #DRI PCTOOLS. COM [protected] MN which I called and it was pure Telephone Sex talk.
    I have an Anti Virus from Norton and Hard and Software I buy directly from the store. This is just another scam and I will dispute it when I call Bank of America in the morning.

• Th
    THEVENY Feb 10, 2009

please, cancel my order immédiately et confirm me our action because I see the french police - jctheveny

• Fr
    freewheelin Apr 07, 2009

I also received a debit on my credit card for $49.95 from DRI*PCTOOLS for which I gave no authorization. I did purchase a product from this company in 2006 but have not used any of their products for two years.I contacted them by phone and was told that they had no current record of any purchase from me and told me to contact my bank, which I have done. This is a scam! They are ripping people off.

• We
    Wendy W May 15, 2009

I have never heard of this company, let alone order anything from them. An unauthorized debit charge appeared on my bank statement today for $29.95. I immediately called my bank and they will do an investigation and issue a new card. I hope someone finds the perpetrators! I'm now wondering if I should close that bank account altogether. Any advice from anyone?

• Da
    darkbeholder May 27, 2009

Wendy,

PC Tools.com is a computer software company that sells antivirus software. Your best bet is probably to give them a call and they should be able to sort it all out for you. From other complaints it appears your common problem is an automated renewal to their software.

They have the following listed for customer service in the US including an 800 number thats open 23hrs a day (taken from http://www.pctools.com/contact/).

Support: [protected]@pctools.com

North American Offices

PC Tools, Inc.
    150 Spear St, Suite 500
    San Francisco, CA [protected]
    USA

Customer support (English): +[protected]
    Hours of operation: 8:00am - 7:00am (PDT)

• Sp
    sparks697 Aug 20, 2009

I have had a sum of $49.45 taken from my credit card and do not know what it is for the poeple that have taken it from my credit card is DRI pctools and have not given these people autherisation for this deduction this is fraud and will be getting the authoritise involved in this if they do not refund this sum of money

• Ia
    Ian Scott Sep 10, 2009

My credit card has been charged by your company £29.95. I have never heard of your company. I do not know what it does. I have no desire to subscribe to it. Kindly refund the sum you have taken.

• Ha
    Hans van der Huijzen Sep 29, 2009

I never authorize a company automatically to debit my creditcard and on top of that I have no idea what I'm paying for. So I would like this
    to end end have the amount of Euro 29, 95 credited

W.A. van Leeuwe Kirsch Oct 03, 2009

on sept 17 an amount off € 39, 95 was withdrawn from my credit card account without my permission with the discription off DRI*PCTOOLS.COM.

W.A. van Leeuwe Kirsch Oct 03, 2009

I have the same problem! Did you get your money back from DRI*PCTOOLS

• Da
    Dave G. Oct 04, 2009

Well They are still at it! I received an unauthorized statement on my Credit card from Dri*pctools of $29.00 today 10-3-09. I had to cancel account, and open up a new one. All I can say is be careful!

• Jh
    J.H.Barker Jan 06, 2010

On the 10th of December 2009 £19. 94 was taken out of my account without my authorisation.

J.H.Barker

Wavo Jan 08, 2010

On the 7th of january 2010 I also had 19.94 debited from my acount, is there anything you can tell me you did to stop this?

Cheers

Dave

• Ji
    jilu Jan 27, 2010

On 30/12/09 pc tools have removed money from my account without my permission amount of 19.94

• ??????????? Feb 24, 2010

I was charged a 49.50 on my credit card from DRI*PCTOOL.COM and I have no idea what i s this compay I don't have an account with them and never used their service. I am worry now about all my transaction and need to go back and check each one of them.

How do I make sure this does not happen to me again and what should I do about this payment?

• Rm
    rmanzanog Mar 30, 2010

So I was charged with $40.15 days ago by dri*pctools.com
    Has anybody used Credit Card with Bookinn Hotels (or something like that, operating fron Turk) . I read they became fraudulent and have a lot of Credit Card information !!
    Rene /Chile

• Li
    Lidia Beduschi May 28, 2010

Don't know the website... 15.04.2010 : DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - [protected] € 39, 92 unauthorized charge
    15.04.2010: DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - [protected] € 29, 95 unauthorized charge
    15.04.2010: DRI*PCTOOLS.COM -[protected] € 29, 95 unauthorized charge

Sincerely,

Lidia Beduschi

• Lm
    L.M Dunlop Jun 25, 2010

I received my credit card (VISA) statement in the mail to find a 39.95$ charge from this company for no reason. I did not purchase anything or order anything. Please be aware of this scam!

• Er
    Eric D. Aug 04, 2010

I was just charged $29.95 by this company on 7/19/10, and caught it on my statement.

I have no clue what this company is or does... and this page is the first result that comes up if you google the transaction details. I alraedy filed an unauthorized transaction dispute with my bank.

Is it Visa itself that is compromised? My bank uses Visa for their Debit/Check Card provider...

Joseph Telfair Oct 16, 2010

Out of the blue I was charged for software that I pad for a very long time ago.

• Ni
    Nikki1792 Oct 18, 2010

Charged $24.95 out of my account...never heard of these people!

• Pc
    P Cross May 07, 2011

On the 18/April/2011 i was charged £18.23 four time by PCTOOL_SALE>COM.
    A total of £72.92 and i cannot get in touch with them to find out why, because i didn't
    perchase anything as far as i know. So i don't have any account number or receipts.

My Card is Visa

Tony/N Ireland

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices