DRI*PCTOOLS.COMFraudulent Internet Debit Card Charge

A

Was checking my bank statement and saw a $39.95 charge plus $1.20 international transaction fee. Went to the website listed with the charge. I had never been to this site or purchased anything from them. I called my bank and they connected me to the fraud department, which did a three-way call with pctools. com. Someone called "David" answered and gave a spiel about purchasing computer software subscriptions. He had my home address and debit card number, but a fake email address. My bank questioned him about the charge and issuing a refund, which he agreed to after stalling for several minutes and making excuses about the charge. Supposedly they have issued a refund, but I have to wait two weeks to find out if it's gone through. I also had to cancel my debit card to prevent any further fraud. This is completely infuriating.

• De
    derek smith Oct 12, 2008

dri*pctools suddenly appeared on my credit union monthly statement with a withdrawelf $49.95.i had never heard the site and can't recollect ever had dealings with them.
    regards.
    derek smith.

• Th
    Thermon Payne Oct 30, 2008

I had a credit card purchase of 29.95 from dri*pctools.com. I have never heard or purchase anything from them.

• Vi
    Victoria Diedrick Nov 01, 2008

I have just received my bank statement with £29.95 deducted by Dri*pctools.com. Who are these people? I have never purchased anythinng from them let alone given them my bank details. How do I get my mo ney back or at least an explanation of what I am supposed to be paying for.

Please someone, help!

Victoria Diedrick.

• Al
    Alex Nov 21, 2008

it is true, 100%-true...i lost $29.95 too..

• Na
    Nancy Wilson Nov 22, 2008

I have four different charges of $29.95 put on my credit card on 10/24/08. I have no idea who these people are or what I supposedly bought from them.

• Mu
    Murielle Geensen Nov 23, 2008

I also had a charge taken off of my visa without my knowlege. The worst part is that when I went to run my Registry mechanic today it said it was out of date and i needed to renew!!! First of all I do NOT want you taken payment without my knowledge. I want the right to chose when and IF I renew. Second of all when you take my money and give me no renew code then how does my program know I renewed?????? Pissed off!!

• Or
    ORLANDO SANTOS Nov 24, 2008

o ano passado comprei um programa para o meu pc o qual não cheguei a usar, pagei com a carta visa ok nada de mal o mal de tudo isto é que este ano me cobraram de novo o mesmo dinheiro sem que nada eu tenha pedido e sem que eu use mais esse programa no futuro vou ficar atento e acabar com esses trafulhas que me estão roubando!
    Espero que alguem me de qulquer satisfação sobre omesmo ja que para tirarem o dinheira da minha conta ninguem me disse nada

Antonia Cabanas Nov 24, 2008

i have also had this same amount of 29.95 taken from a credit card that i do not even use! has anyone gotten any money back? please le me know.

Antonia Cabanas

• Ka
    Karen Guarin Dec 02, 2008

Unauthorized Purchase of PCTOOLS subscription for the past 2 yrs that I did not catch on my credit card. On Dec 03/o8 I caught this purchased and discovered that this company had billed for the past 2 yrs that I hadn't caught. I asked for a total refund but was told that they could only give a refund for the past6 mos. I feel this is a scam and is illegal and when you call they give the run around and no results to change any of their business refunds since it was past 6mos. except for this time of $29.95 since I caught this as it was posted 11/28 and billed 12/01/08.

These people should be stopped and put out of business.

Sincerely,
    K. Guarin

• Du
    dugano Dec 04, 2008

I lost 76.27 and what a run around. Did anyone get a strange email from [email protected] if so I think it was a worm maybe mailing out peoples debit or credit card number.I know it mails itself out from your email list.Oh Iam still fighting with them.

• Ju
    Judy Dec 30, 2008

An unauthorised charge against my credit card for US$29.95 or NZ$53.15 for DRI*PCTOOLS.COM - dont know what it is for and strongly disagree with this company being able to automatically debit my credit card for something I know nothing about. Have a dispute with bank/credit card company. People beware of using this website for any downloads. Cannot find how to contact them. As a quick fix I have cancelled credit card so this company cannot do this sort of thing again. I want a refund.

• Al
    albacheeser Feb 04, 2009

I got exactly the same thing happen on 1/23/09. for 39.90.

bruce mingo Feb 10, 2009

Anyone wanting a refund from DRI*PCTOOLS.COM for UNAUTHORIZED CREDITCARD WITHDRAWL-Call'' [protected]. I just called them because of an ''UNAUTHORIZED CREDITCARD WITHDRAWL'' from my visa and they say they will refund the amount to my account.I hope this is helpful to all others who have had this same problem.
    Sincerely,
    Bruce Mingo.

• Ly
    L Youlten Feb 18, 2009

my complaint is in regard to the sum of £19-94p taken as unauthorized charge to credit card dated 08/02 09

• Pe
    Peter Villion Feb 24, 2009

Hi Yes i haqve had the same problem, as its a yearly thing did not notice till i read my statement. So went to my Bank & was told i needed to contact PC Tools, Which i did after difficulty like you seem to get the round around. Anyway it was supposed to be sorted & i updated my PC & never kept the details of emails from them. Then this year the same again. Mine is $49.95 a year so they have made nearly $100 out of me. & my Card people need proof of cancellation. Still trying to get this sorted.
    Cheers
    Pete

• Ga
    gavrieal zohar Feb 25, 2009

this company collects credit card numbers, and three years after
    they continu chargeing my crdeit card every year without buying
    or using anything from them, this software company ' what they are
    doing is simple and ugly robbery that must be stop and the mony
    should be return

• So
    Sophie Feb 27, 2009

I had the same problem.
    They ahave a sneaky line in their T&Cs which states that you are only purchasing this for a year and they will automatically charge you for the next year. And the next. And the next.
    Apparently this was done to *ease* the difficulty of customers having to manually renew their license.
    What a crock of s**t.

• Ih
    i h8 fraud Mar 11, 2009

A few minutes ago, I received 2 "confirmation" emails dated February 25, 2017 (it is March 12 today) from PC Tools. It confirmed my automatic 12-month renewal for Spyware Doctor for $29.95. I have NEVER purchased anything from PC Tools so there should NOT be any "automatic renewal" whatever charges.
    At the bottom of the email, there is an address in Ireland:

PC Tools Limited
    Units A & B, Block 4, Shannon Business Park, Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland.

Both $29.95 email confirmations even provided me with a "personal" Spyware Doctor License code. However, both licenses were exactly identical (for seperate transactions!), which is a big sign that this is a scam/fraud and a big fail on their part...

What should I do? It says the charges were Feb 25 but conf. wasn't received til today! I will contact my bank/VISA card in the morning. Anything I should be aware of? Is this a worm? Is it bad that I opened the email?
    Thx.

Anna

• Ho
    howardv Mar 13, 2009

yes. the took money from my credit card also, without my permission - and despite me telling them that they were NOT to renew my subscription. I doubt I will ever use that software again. Maybe they are having financial problems and need money, because they never did this to me before. I am getting my credit card company to reverse the charges because I have the email telling them not to renew my subscription, and the date on my email is 2 days before they put the credit card charge through.

• We
    Wesley A. Parsons Apr 15, 2009

I do not want to order anything no more without ask me please return back my money $49.90 because
    never use for long time my compute is broke down damage no good. THANK YOU, Wesley A. Parsons

brendon May 15, 2009

there is no direct telephone number for pc tools in shannon in ireland where pc tools operate from. these wankers know what they are doing is fraud, but you can contact a german company that deals with pc tools orders and ask to have your subscription cancelled, because they very carefully put the yearly renewal into the licence agreement knowing most people wont read it and just install the software that is rubbish anyway. the phone number is [protected] then choose option 2 for a english speaing operator then option one for current subscriptions then ask the operator to cancel the yearly subscription. the german operator was very friendly and helpfull when i talked to her.

brendon May 15, 2009

• Go
    golfden May 26, 2009

I too have had a recurring problem with PC Tools headquartered in Ireland. They have repeated attempted to bill me for 29.95 annually for a renewal service for their Registry Mechanic product update. Luckily my credit card company is very diligent in processing valid transactions and has refused them, as recent as yesterday 5/25/2017. My question is how many have they actually completed, since its a small amount and only annual, unnoticed. Sounds like a great legal opportunity for class action. I am going to again attempt to contact them via email and phone.

Dennis

• Id
    idiot1001 Jul 02, 2009

they took money from my bank account without permission have tried contacting them but no reply
    if you want to give your money away subscribe to them they take what ever they like

mavrick608 Aug 07, 2009

I have never done any business with this company and they chardged my bank account $29.95 a total of 4 times on 07.01.09. I looked back through my account history and they did it 001.01.09 again 4 debits of $29.95. THEY ARE SEALING MY MONEY!!! I am going to let the VISA fraud people deal with them. I have never used pctools.com and will never use pc tools .com. the debits show up as dri*pctools.com on my account.

• Ea
    earlene_spenceley Oct 01, 2009

There was an unauthorized charge to my credit card on august 14th/09 for 29.95 [email protected][protected] 33.70canadian and I have no idea what this is for as I was not notified of any such transactions, so credit my account for these charges. do not do any other charges without my consent!

• Do
    Dougp Nov 03, 2009

There was the amount of 29.95 taken from my check account. I don, t know when, or what for. They just up and took it out. I need my money back. Thank you!

chris0309 Nov 05, 2009

...You charged my credit card, for an amount, I wont display online.I have never ordered, bought or had any connection with your company ever...I dont know how you even have my credit card information...please contact me so we can get this resolved at -
    [email protected] you

• Dr
    Dragan Grujin Dec 14, 2009

same thing happend to me [protected], 95$ IS STALLEN from my Diners without permission
    please help,

• Dr
    Dragan Grujin Dec 14, 2009

you take 29, 95$ from my Diners card withoout my permission on 21.11.2017.

• Sp
    spezi Jan 12, 2010

Need help on phone?
    Our telephone support team can assist you with purchasing, billing and general enquiries.

Depending on the country you are calling from and your phone company, international direct-dial rate and other fees may apply when you call these numbers. Please check with your phone company prior to calling.

Technical support via telephone will only be provided to customers who have purchased a license code and have an active subscription. Please have your order or license information handy when you call.

United States customers
    Can call our toll free number [protected]

8:00am - 7:00am (PDT), 7 days a week.

German, Austrian and Swiss customers (Wie lautet die Telefonnummer für die PC Tools Kundenberatung)
    Can call our German support line

10:00am - 6:00pm (CET), Monday to Friday.

Customer from all other countries, please call our office in Australia
    On +[protected]

1:00am - 12:00am (AEST), 7 days a week.

Last modified: June 10, 2017

We appreciate your feedback
    so we can improve our answers

same happened to me but i found this online and phoned them up - i expect my money back soon.

• Ph
    Phil2429 Jan 21, 2010

DRI*pctools.com seem to be very good at unautherized debit I was very surprised to see £19.94 debited from my account, rang Credit card company they gave me a phone number for pctools which does not exist so back to the credit card company. Im covered so I`m told, but for a company that relies on the Internet sales in my view its sad.
    ITS HARD TO GET A GOOD REPUTATION BUT VERY EASY TO LOSE IT . phil

• I not want the automatic renovation. My email is [email protected] but I lost the password.

Please, help me.

• He
    hegao Jan 29, 2010

i downloaded two softwares from them in 2017, which i never really got to use because the softwares are like spywares themselves...and ruined my computer. i later moved and changed my computers. but this company, without my permission, or even without notification, continued to charge me in 2017 and 2017 for "auto renewal", which i never authorized.

• Ru
    Ruggero Lacerenza Jan 31, 2010

Mi hanno addebitato anche a me la stessa CIFRA. Ho provveduto a bloccare la carta e sporgerò denuncia appena aprono gli uffici.

• Gl
    Glyn Jones Sep 04, 2010

I have noticed that PC Tools based in either Ireland or Reading have taken monies from my credit card account with Tesco's - using the following

DRI*PCTOOLS.COM [protected], GBREIWIYD reference. The sum taken was £19:93 on the 14 August 2017

I have not been able to contact them as their is now phone contact number for them.

Brookvale Plaza, East Park
    Berkshire, RG2 6UH
    United Kingdom

• Do
    DonQ Sep 09, 2010

Hi, I've had the same problem...the sneaky b*****ds! I wouldn't mind but I don't even use a PC, I'm a mac user.
    Anyway, I've found out that Symantec (the Norton AV people) now own PC Tools, and after talking to their office I've been given a customer services number, which is [protected]. It's only available 08.00-17.00; as it's now almost 9p I'm going to try calling them in the morning. I hope you have some success.

DonQ.

• Gl
    GlenMurray Sep 24, 2010

I had the same problem as spoken to my bank and they advised me to get in contact with them in australia on 0061 [protected] ( from the Uk) i have spoke to them and they said they will refund my last payment! we'll wait and see

• Ri
    richard chartrand Oct 03, 2010

Why was my account charge, when I dont even have a account with you. My email address is [email protected]

• Sp
    Spruyt Nov 09, 2010

I opened today - 9.11.2017 - my bank statement. I am being charged 29.95pounds ( S.A R285.50) by www.PCtools.com. I have not ordered anything from them in the last year. How did they get hold of my credit card info. Is there anything I can do about this fraudulent charge? Carel Spruyt