• Wo
    woodstock81 Aug 07, 2009

I too had the same charges, however I forgot that I had placed an order with Microsoft through my work, and if you recall the software was offered at $9.95 for the download and if you wanted the CD it was an additional $12.00.

• Un
    Uncle Wilfred Aug 11, 2009

A good answer, woodstock81.

The same thing happened to me. If the charge had simply said "Microsoft", I would have remembered what it was.

Why do they give us this cryptic "DRI*MSEHUP" nonsense?

• Da
    DaveF Aug 13, 2009

I've just had the same thing on my credit bill. I tried for ages to remember what I'd bought online. I was about to call by credit company to query it when I googled it and ended up here.

All's well that ends well, but it did have me worried. I bought Microsoft Office online through work too.

• Mi
    Microsoft Customer Aug 15, 2009

Same here.. Placed the order 5 days ago but totally forgot about it and had me worried seeing this charge in my credit card bill.. After googling it, I ended up here and I was reminded by what the charge was for...

Thanks!

• It
    IT Geek Aug 17, 2009

DRI = Digital River. Inc. They are the license and media vendor for
    MSEHUP = Microsoft Educational Home User Program

• Wa
    wamp73 Aug 17, 2009

Glad I saw these posts I was also starting to flip out thinking that someone got my Credit Card info again.

• Ro
    Robin,Chatt. TN Aug 18, 2009

This has happened to me too but what I don't understand is why I had another charge when I paid the total for the disk and the download. What is the other charge for? I still don't get it.

• Ab
    abcj Aug 19, 2009

Same here, ordered through my work. Stupid of them to have such cryptic charge info.

• Ab
    abcj Aug 19, 2009

I ordered the suite and the disk, but they have only charged the 9.95 for the software so far. Since the disk doesn't ship for several weeks, maybe they'll charge for that when they ship it.

• Sc
    sc1010 Sep 22, 2009

BEWARE though: while your card being charged by DRI*MSEHUP clearly has a reason, DRI has a security issue. i had a new credit card and Microsoft was the only online purchase i made with that card. one month later i was contacted by my credit card issuer telling me somebody had just paid for two overseas flights and a hotel in costa rica with my card!!!

• Ci
    civic Nov 27, 2010

Two separate charges that were not authorized by me. I had purchased some downloads in January 2010. and now similar charges are showing. I had filed a dispute through my credit card visa carrier. Credit card representative said it looked fraudulent because there was no contact information on their end. For me, so far this is looking like a scam. I think with online purchases you should close your card out every so often because who knows what's on file, etc.

• Ci
    civic Nov 27, 2010

BTW, this is how it looked on the statement. DRI*MICROSOFTSTUDENT ORDERFIND.COM MN
    Did not order anything. and two separate charges. one small, one large. Scam.