DRI WWW Elements Infofraudulant charge to credit card

D

This company charged my credit card $272.00 without my knowledge or authorization. I don't know who these people are or how to contact them. I filed a dispute with the credit card company and they looked into it and told me the dispute was closed because dri www elements info said the charge was legit and that it was for some software. What software! I have never ordered software from anyone for my computer. The credit card company said there is nothing they can do and that I need to take it up with dri www elements info. I am not going to let them get away with this. This company needs to be reported to the rightful authorities.

• Ed
    ede19 Aug 17, 2019

I was also concerned about this unknown charge. After reviewing the posts above, I saw that someone mentioned Digital River. Checking through my emails, I discovered that I had purchased Classic Menu for Office for that price. It is Digital River software.

• Mi
    Michael Cejnar Apr 02, 2019

I've been charged $169.73 by DRI Axis Controls element5 info, and can't trace it to a purchase.
    It is highly suspicious.
    I must say that the many comments dispelling that it is a scam seem a little too eager, too similar in wording and style.
    I wonder if they are genuine.
    In any case, it is a poor practice for company to charge via another company with no traceability.
    If we challenge - they should be able to trace back to an order from us - in this digital age.

Anusha Saraleesan Oct 23, 2018

I also got a charge for GBP 79.20 how to get it back?

• Na
    Nathan Deunk Oct 13, 2018

I bought EaseUS Todo Backup Home, and this is how the charge showed up on the card. Looks like a lot of software publishers use this company to distribute their software.

• Pa
    Paula Ricke Welsh Oct 10, 2018

I'm in the same boat as y'all! On September 14, 2018 I THOUGHT that I was backing up my cell phone. Then I found out that this 'so called' service didn't support my cell phone. So, I tried to cancel. They sent me an e-mail telling me that my request to cancel was DENIED!? When the charge appeared on my credit card, I called my credit card to deny the charges. They looked into it and said that blah, blah, blah they couldn't take the charge off. I going to go in now to see if I can get this cancelled. A one time charge, I can live with my stupidity. But, if they CONTINUE to charge my account, there will hell to pay!

Maggie1228 May 02, 2018

I had a charge from this company and didn't recognize the name either, but it turns out it was for software I purchased. when I saw these complaints, I searched my email, and sure enough, they say the charge will appear as dri*www.shareit.info element5. infomn. totally legit company.

• Ge
    Gemini5 Mar 14, 2018

Likewise, I too thought it fraudulent but on seeing digital River realised I had indeed signed up for a driver updating programme.

• Hi
    Hilary Gee Dec 13, 2017

I thought it was a fraud too. Then I Googled the card bill reference and found it was a charge for MS word Classic Menu continuance. This was a free plug-in but they said it had now graduated to being paid for. We use it and I had no reason to suppose it was a scam, so authorized the payment. If it is a scam, I was fooled. Otherwise, it is just a confusing reference.

• Ae
    aerisan Jul 15, 2016

I had to google this today, thinking it was a fraudulent charge, but upon reading that it's associated with software purchases, I remembered I'd actually purchased Clip Studio Paint on that day for the amount charged.

• Id
    idshutterbug Jul 08, 2015

I had to dig on this one. I saw the name on my CC bill and did not remember any purchases. Then I ran across this forum, and one post mentioned Digital River. That jogged my memory, I made a purchase of some shareware, and, since I save all purchase emails, could match it up with my purchase. So in my case, it was legit. One issue to watch out for is automatic renewal charges for software renewals, such as anti-virus software.

• Wa
    Wayne DSouza Jul 07, 2015

It corresponds to a charge by Kaspersky

• Ti
    Tired of these Thiefs Oct 25, 2013

I found a $29.00 charge to my account and I never ordered anything. In fact, I was travelling the entire day of the posted transaction date and had no way to be able to charge anything online. I don't even own a smart phone. This is definitely a scam.

• Sp
    sptrat May 12, 2013

I found a 19.95 charge on my cc bill also . why do these companys do this? what was it that I supposedly paid for? I would like to be recompinsated for this charge.

• El
    ELiSweden Dec 20, 2012

The specification "DRI WWW ELEMENT5 INFO" is indeed confusing, although communication when making a purchase states this is how the payment will show up with the card company. In my case, the place of purchase is given as "ELEMENT5 INFO". This is no geographical place, though, and a change should maybe be contemplated. Digital River has also other ways to specify charges, such as DRI*CANON and LUXEMBOURG, when buying from Canon online shop (in Europe).

• Cr
    crparker Dec 03, 2010

noticed an unauthorized charge on my debit card from this company.
    cannot locate anything about the company did not authorize this charge

• Kl
    KLMJapan Jun 23, 2010

I have just had the experience of being mystified by "DRI*WWW.ELEMENT5.INFO"' but eventually found in my email a record of having made a legitimate purpose.

I was sure initially that a mistake had been made, as I searched in my email for "7838" (I was charged 7, 838 yen to my Japanese credit card) and turned up an email from PC Tools charging me for a subscription that I tried to cancel a year ago. It turns out that the "7838" sequence in this email was part of the license code for the PC TTools product . At first I was full of dark thoughts thinking they were fraudulently billing me now, almost exactly a year ago. I even canceled my credit card.

Then, when I searched in the mail for "7, 838" I did find a Digital River invoice that I had intended to pay for.

So I will be using a new credit card number now (no bad thing to change it anyway), but I had jumped to the wrong conclusion.

• Pe
    Peter Naumann Jun 07, 2010

I had the same experience.
    "I received a charge of €144, and was puzzled at first. Then I remembered that I made an online purchase for a Royal TS product software, and sure enough when I checked the order confirmation, it clearly states 'Please note that on your billing statement this will show up as "DRI*WWW.ELEMENT5.INFO"

• Mu
    mulberry Nov 25, 2009

Hi,
    I received a charge of $35.64, and was puzzled at first. Then I remembered that I made an online purchase for the AudioLabel CD/DVD Labeller software, and sure enough when I checked the order confirmation, it clearly states 'Please note that on your billing statement this will show up as "DRI*WWW.ELEMENT5.INFO"'

Best,
    Mike

mangmong Nov 24, 2009

That website is a software company based out of Germany which sells programming game software. It is called game studio.

• Em
    E.Moraitis Mar 28, 2009

I've been charged too in the amount of 173.74 euros. I found this page trying to investigate who is "DRI WWW ELEMENT5 INFO 02".
    We are a web design company based in Greece.

• Li
    LiftMeUp Dec 01, 2008

This is probably Parallels. You know, the virtual server software you paid for on their website? :)

• Le
    Leeps Oct 28, 2008

I had a charge from this company in the amount of $87.00. I checked through my emails and found that it was from purchasing Parallels online. Their email confirms that the charge will show up on my statement as "DRI*WWW.ELEMENT5.INFO" and, thanks to the joys of online statements, there's a very good chance that some of that information gets clipped off.

• Sf
    sfe333 Oct 14, 2008

Same charge on my card. It found that it was for the same amount as my renewal of Trend Micro Anti-virus.

• Ke
    keli keach Oct 09, 2008

This is owned by a company called Digital River, Inc. They have a ton of subsidiary companies. If you do any online or website business activities, that's what this company and its subsidiary deal in.

• Le
    lee Oct 07, 2008

Hi!

Same thing just happened to me- an amount of $39.95 is pending being taken out of my account and my bank JP Morgan will not stop the transaction. Have you found a phone number yet?

• Pe
    Peggy Oct 05, 2008

I just saw that the same company charged my credit card as well! I will call the card company first thing in the morning!
    Has anyone got any satisfaction on the charges?

• Di
    Divas Bar Jan 08, 2017

@Peggy In the beginning I didn't recognize the charge, but after thinking a little bit more, I remember I purchased a software "Numbering"...and it was the right price

• Co
    coolcom Oct 01, 2008

I am based in Ireland and this same company charged my credit card $79.00 without my knowledge or authorization also. As with you I don't know who these people are or how to contact them.