DRI PCTOOLS.COMunauthorised withdrawal from my credit card

G

DRI PCTOOLS.COM continue to withdraw annually money from my credit card.
The service was originally for 1 year but it caused me problems so I cancelled it. This was 3 years ago.

• Bi
    Bill Oct 17, 2008

Same thing with me. I can not believe they would conduct their business this way. I will fight this and never use the company again. I never knowingly agreed to auto renewal. Just try to find a way out or to change the auto to manual. They will change BUT NEXT year or so they claim. You can not stop this by going to my account. It will be me and the bank now.

• Gh
    G. Handley Oct 18, 2008

Totaly agree with this comment, same thing has happened to me.
    The credit card companies are less than helpful !!! Stay away from PCTOOLS ([protected]@pctools.com) they will rip you off!!!

• Pa
    PANIRUD Oct 25, 2008

Just follow these directions

Your credit card details are held with our billing provider Element 5 and any changes to your credit card details will need to be made to them. To contact Element 5 please call toll free in the USA @ [protected] between the hours of 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm Saturday to Sunday USA Central Time. Additionally, if calling outside of the USA, please call +49.221.31088.30.

I called them and the service rep refunded my money and cancel the renewal

You need your CC charged and your first & last name

That's it

• Se
    Serge Cvikevich Nov 02, 2008

I had an identical experience. Charge to my credit card was made on 10/19/2008, when I was away from my computer for several days. I plan to call them on Monday. The number I have for them is [protected]. It appears to me that annual renewals if that's what this should not be made without customers approval.

• Ni
    Nic Nov 03, 2008

I made the call to [protected] and I found out that a year ago I bought SpyDr...I kept having problems with it and had to get it off of my computer. When I got rid of it the SpyDr company obviously had no clue because they had an automatic annual update that they charged me for. I don't even have the program to update...I don't see why they don't have something that triggers their database that tells them that their customers are no longer their customers. Anyways, I hope this helps somebody out!!!

• Ro
    ROMAMO SALVATORE Nov 04, 2008

UNAUTHORISED WITHDRAWAL FROM MY CREDIT CARD
    Non ho mai autorizzato il rinnovo automatico dell'abbonamento ai vostri prodotti.
    Pertanto vi prego di cancellare il mio abbonamento e di restituirmi la somma di Eeuro 36, 24 che trovo addebitati sulla mia carta di credito in data 14/9/2008.
    Distinti saluti.
    Salvatore ROMANO

• Br
    Brendan o reilly Nov 06, 2008

i only agreed to a one year package i didnt sign up they took two payments out of my crd which cost me 40 pound this aint on who do iring frm uk

• Dw
    DWK Nov 07, 2008

This comment is absolutely true. There was a charge to my account and we have never heard of this company ever before. I am very upset about this very inconvenient incident. This has been a very unnecessary incident. DRI PC TOOLS.COM is a deceitful company and should be taken to court. They have obviously ripped off a multitude of people. The sad thing is that they are trying to rip of the elderly. They truly are ###s. I don't like to curse, and please excuse me for my French. Someone should really sue these ###ers.

• Li
    Lisa C. Merkley Nov 07, 2008

I did not authorize or download software from this site. They billed my credit card 4 times for 39.95.

• Tr
    Traci Nov 19, 2008

I had the same problem with PC Tools taking an annual fee out for services I have not had in over 2 years but I called the number for Element [protected]) and spoke with customer service and they reversed the charges and cancelled my account!

• Ka
    Karen Nov 20, 2008

I too was billed by Dri PcTools.com for a charge of $29.95 on October 18, 2008. I also had to remove Spydoctor from my computer because it caused difficulties. I was unaware of any auto renewal.

The number I must call is [protected]. I will be doing so on Friday.

• Ke
    Kenneth Buda Nov 21, 2008

I was billed for $29.95 on my credit card, payment due 12/04/08 for an item which I did NOT purchase or request renewal. I'm requesting my credit card NOT PAY.
    YOUR "AUTOMATIC RENEWAL" SUCKS AND I WILL TRY TO CANCEL ALL MY ACCOUNTS WITH YOU ASAP !!!

• Fi
    Fiona Holmes Nov 24, 2008

Can't believe how many others they have done this to including me...and there must be thousands more out there! I paid one annual paymemt 3 years ago and because they now have my business credit card details they have continued to take an annual payments from this card, this year £51.95. Ironically my business no longer exists and the bank account was shut down but apparently a credit card can be activated again if the details are still held on file by the bank. I am on the war path now and am trying to contact PC Tools...but how do I speak to a human being to discuss things and not some stupid web site ot automated call centre? ...oh, and Spydoctor sucks!!!

• Mj
    M.Jansen Nov 25, 2008

I don, t authorize to get mony from my credit card, and i did, t download DRI*PCTOOLS.COM, so I expect that you turn the mony back

• To
    tomjeff Nov 26, 2008

Unbelievble. I read this quote on the pctools forum of why they are doing this:

achen (4.11.07) "In the past, we have found that it was time consuming and cumbersome for some customers to have to manually renew their subscriptions. As a result, we decided to come up with a procedure that would alleviate the manual process."

What a crock!

I had success in getting my money refunded and account cancelled by following these steps:
    Panirud (10/26/08) "...call toll free in the USA @ [protected] between the hours of 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm Saturday to Sunday USA Central Time. Additionally, if calling outside of the USA, please call +49.221.31088.30"

You will need your Credit Card number that was billed and the posting date.

• Tu
    Tupow Nov 29, 2008

You charge me for something I did not order. I would like you to refund my credit card. ASAP

• Js
    J.stobart Jan 12, 2009

I too had the same problem as this thread, I called the UK number for Element 5 and the lady there was very helpful and authorized a full refund. I do agree though, at very least the auto renewal notification should be sent at least a month before payment is taken.

• Ni
    Niels Brinch Jan 21, 2009

I have also been billed - my company got billed 3.12 last year 180 dollars for spydoctor. thats really a trrible way to treat people. I bought spydoctore more than e year a go nut had to get rid of it because it bungled up the workings of my PC...

all be warned out there!!!

• Ca
    Carolyn Allen Feb 14, 2009

I'm sending the e-mail to complain about a withdrawl from my credit card that was unauthorized. The transaction date was Oct. 21, 2008.
    I'm sorry that it has taken me so, long to respone but, I just happen to notice that this was done recently. Please reponse to my e-mail I really do appricate your time.

• Ti
    Tim Pedry Feb 15, 2009

I keep getting a reoccuring billing to this card from this company. They will not stop billing

• Ca
    casper Mar 04, 2009

I have had the same problem my credit card was billed for register fix in the process of trying to get a refund. Had used it before but did not renew and wont ever deal with them again. bulls wool

Jane Santucci Mar 11, 2009

withdrew 29.95 from my checking account without my permission.

• Ri
    Rick Tobin Apr 20, 2009

I have continued to challenge them year after year with no success.

• Um
    umberto Apr 24, 2009

who do these people think they are, this is an outrageous abuse of privacy, I never gave these people permission to take money out of my account, I never received any information that they were going to take money out of my account, this is blatant daylight robbery, and this company should be closed down for unethical business practices. It is disgraceful behaviour. never will I have anything more to do with Pctools, they are nothing short of bandits E very number i call to try and contact these bandits, ends up with either the phone is not working or they havrejust hung up. As i cant get in touch with these cretins, I am trying to get my refund via my credit card company. If anyone out knows of an easier way to get a refund, i would be pleased to know how. Hugh

maria Apr 27, 2009

You charge me for something I did not order. I would like you to refund my credit card. i am mad

• Io
    ioannis Apr 28, 2009

i have a charge on my credit card under the name DRI*PCTOOLS.COM
    i have never ordered or downloaded something from them .

• Mr
    mrsb May 11, 2009

We found an unauthorized mystery charge from element 5 on our credit card one week ago, called the bank to report fraud, the card was cancelled, and today we found a second charge from PC Tools had been processed on the cancelled card!

• Je
    jesse jones Aug 12, 2009

i was charged for something i did not authorize and did not recieve anything

• Bi
    Billy Seltzer Aug 20, 2009

this charge appeared on statement and the charges were not authorized. Please remove charges from account.

• Dr
    DRI PCTOOLS.com Aug 30, 2009

They made debit from my credit card without authorization on the 7th of July 2009, the amount of 29.95US$, for no reason or explanation. If they are the same company with PCtools, I have gave them my crdit card number for purchasing of one year of subscription for "Registry Mechanics", several years ago.
    Recent years I did not purchase any products from that company.

Thanks for your attention.

jaycjay Sep 10, 2009

Found payment on my UK creditcard today £19.94 - same story - the last I had to do with this company was when I bought a one-year subsription to Spydoctor in 2006.

Called my credit card, they connected me (at their cost they said!) to Element 5 in the States who said they would cancel my account and refund the sum.

What rip-off merchants!

• Dj
    DJWES Sep 15, 2009

Money taken from my bank account without my permission.

• Bu
    bugmenot2 Sep 23, 2009

Pc Tools is a mickey-mouse company that does not take support seriously at all. Just look at their "forums" sometime - hundreds of abstract "support" replies, unresolved issues, they don't answer emails, they don't answer online "support" forms that you fill out etc.

• Pt
    PTower Oct 31, 2009

This place gets you to order just once, then they keep recharging your card without permission and without you obtaining product. I was just charged on my accoutn 10/29/2009 for 29.95...Cant someone stop this company?

• Ms
    msgcsg1 Oct 31, 2009

No one stop them because it is a fraud hard to catch, but dont wait too long until they will charge you again cancel your credit card and explain to your credit card company what happend, they should not charge you for fraud. It happend to me thank God it was settled right away.

• Rg
    R. Galliford Nov 05, 2009

To whom it may concern, I discontinued my Broadband with AOL a year last September, and now you charge me for what, I don`t know...? Please forward the Refund of (19-93) to my Visa Credit Card

• Em
    emeraldeyes1 Nov 16, 2009

I just got my Visa credit card statement and there was an unauthorized $9.95 billing on my account.
    It was not authorized and no one else is authorized to use my card.
    I tried to get through to dri pctools but was just put on hold for three separate calls.
    I called my credit card company and had the charge removed.
    This is nothing more than theft even though it is just a small amount.
    Especially if they are doing it to thousands of people!

• Pa
    pam4 Mar 29, 2010

I had the same problem! I'm signed up for one year not 2! I really want my 30€ back and want my account cancelled! i'm living in belgium so they holding me up in every call I make...
    any suggestions?

• Jb
    JB Carpenter Jul 24, 2010

Don't deal with these people! PCtools is still doing it in 2010. Have been a subscriber to Registry Mechanic for several years. Endless hassle over charges and cutting off service. Charged me second time for same service for the second time, when I complained they refunded one payment then cut off the service I had already paid for. Total Confusion on their part.

• Hu
    HUGGYBEAR028 Jul 26, 2010

I TOO WAS A VICTIM OF THE SCAM BEING RUN BY THIS COMPANY THEIR NUMBER IS [protected].