DRI Element5.comUnauthorized charge on bank account

E

I bank with Washington Mutual. I checked my bank account tonight at 11:35pm and I have a pending unauthorized charge from DRI*Element5.com in the amount of $39.95. I have not purchased anything online from this website nor from this company. This website is nonexistent for all I know.

• Aa
    aadz Aug 22, 2008

'www.element5.info' - Where did this charge on my credit card come from?
    element 5 - A Digital River Company You have placed an order for a product-typically, a software product-via the Internet. Your credit card has been charged by element 5 / share-it!. You should have received a confirmation by e-mail at the time the credit card was charged. element 5 / share-it! manage online software sales for tens of thousands of publishers.

Here you can identify orders that are charged to your credit card by this identification code. Please enter into the fields below the last four digits of your credit card number and the e-mail address that you assume was used to place the order, then click "Start search." An overview will then be displayed listing all orders where this credit card number and e-mail address was used.

• Pi
    Pissed Off Aug 23, 2008

The same scenario occurred with us. This morning we checked our account information via internet and saw a charge for $29.95 by dri*element5.com. My husband and I have not made any online purchases to this company. This is a bogus charge that has the word fraudulent written all over it. Thanks to all the other postings by others we were able to act fast and cancel our cards. I am hoping this posting will help others as well. My bank has recommended that we open a separate account strictly for on line purchases and travel charges. With todays worries with fraudulent charges and stolen identities this is probably one extra step we can take to protect ourselves.

Join the club Aug 23, 2008

I found a charge of GBP20.92 on my bank account (not credit card) dated 20th August. Tried the order trace option on the Elements5 web site, but no luck as it was not one of my family's email addresses. What is bizarre is that the transaction was made using the number of a DEBIT card. I have always had this card in my possession and it has never been used to purchase anything either on the internet or over the counter in a store. It seems as though they must have accessed the bank's database.

James Hamilton Sep 02, 2008

I just noticed the same unautorized payment today on my WAMU account. Bank said they can't do anything, because it's still pending. I have to call back after the payment has been released from my account.

• Ji
    Jim Miller Sep 02, 2008

You probably ordered and downloaded some software using Digital River as the middle man. If you go to this website and put in your info, it will show you what you bought online.

I bought AVG antivirus and my charge showed up strange on my bank statement, just like you guys are saying. Hopefully this will help you guys out. Jim

• Lu
    Luther Linebarger Sep 30, 2008

I bought AVG anti virus from DRI on the internet. I received the anti virus software. It would not download because it had an expired serial number. I returned the software and told them not to send me a replacement as I was going to buy an anti virus program direct from the computer company. I asked them to credit back to my Visa account the cost of the software. This was on August 18, 2008. I received my Visa bill in late September and the charge was still on it for $91.85. owed to "DRI AVG online stores elements5 info DF" Anyone have a telephone # or address I can contact?? Reply to [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Es
    ES Oct 03, 2008

Has this happened to anyone who ISN'T a WAMU customer? This just happened to us today twice on our WAMU acct.

• Ba
    BADAR M BUTT Oct 03, 2008

PLEASE CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION TO DR. SPYWARE AND REVERSE CREDIT TO MY MASTERCARD. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE YOU TO AUTOMATICALLY RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION AND GO AHEAD AND CHARGE MY CREDIT INFORMATION WITH YOU. PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL TODAY.

• Me
    Melissa Oct 05, 2008

I just logged into my bank account today and had the same fraudlant charge from this DRI element5 company. I bank with Wells Fargo.

• Ka
    Katie K Oct 14, 2008

I bank with Mutual Federal and I had 3 of these bogus charges on my account this morning. I canceled my card right away.

• La
    Larry R Oct 20, 2008

I also just found a charge from DRI*Element5.com for $34.95. I have no idea what it is for. I will have to call my bank if I can't get in touch with them. There is no phone number with the charge to my account like most charges have. Any suggestions?

• Ep
    E. Painter Oct 28, 2008

It turns out it was subscriptions for a product I have not used in years.. Spyware Doctor... ###

• Na
    Nancy Dragin Nov 01, 2008

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT: This is my second request. Please cancel my AVG Internet Sercurity service. This program is far too high powered for my personal PC. My computer became soooo slow after it was installed. I have since uninstalled it and my computer is back to normal.
    Please contact me so I know you have received my request to credit my Mastercard. Thank you for your help...
    [protected]
    Nancy Dragin

Janice casselman Nov 06, 2008

I would like to cancel my subscription to AVG security Invoice number [protected] dated Nov 4 2008 Item # [protected] and item # [protected] and item # [protected]
    For the amount of 81.27Canadian
    Sequential invoice number S-[protected] Credited to my visa
    VAT -ID-CY1051376F
    Please forward to Customer Service Please
    I would like my money refunded

• Da
    Danielle Nov 11, 2008

There was an unauthorized amount that came out of my checking account. These people are scam artists and this company or what ever it is should be shut down and fined and/or imprisoned for fraud.

• Ro
    Robert F. Landon Nov 18, 2008

I too have been scammed by Dri Elements5.com and confirm its origin is PC Tools.com. I have contacted all parties possibly complicit in fraudulent acts and have contacted both the California and US Attorneys General's Office and Fraud units. My next step is to file a Class Action case against these parties and would seek others to join. Contact RF Landon at [protected]@thec3group.com

• To
    Tom Haney Nov 19, 2008

I bought spydoctor at PCtools. I didn't think I had authorized a continuing subscription. I contacted them to cancel. They have said they will refund. I will see...

John Feb 08, 2009

I have just discovered a debit from my business account of £79 ($115) in the name of DRI WWW ELEMENT5 I.

Like many other who have reported an unauthorised debit by DRI WWW ELEMENT5 I, I have reported it as a fraudulent transaction.

I wonder who this company is and how I could find out where they are based? I wonder if I will get the money back too!!

John, Cambridge UK

jon Mar 26, 2009

my checking account was deducted 29.95 through my debit card to which I had no knowledge of. If it wasn't for my wife checking the acount online we would never discovered this. I hope you or someone can do something towards this so it want happen to us or someone else.

• Ba
    Barbara Rumsey Mar 29, 2009

I found the same thing on my charge card - $76.97. I reported this as an unauthorized charge & had my charge card cancelled.

• Br
    bruce dinsdale Apr 06, 2009

I to was taken for 54 .99 for there anti virus software that was to download on my computer never happend and I will join anyone that want to have my name in a class action suit.[protected]@yahoo.com what a scam sound ok to me.

• Br
    bruce dinsdale Apr 06, 2009

what a scam

• Er
    Erich Apr 08, 2009

i purchased my ipdate AVG CD online from DRI* ONLINE MN STORE but can't install without "key" which was promised to follow within 1 day---but it never came...I was charged but now I will cancel my credit card. There is no way to contact information for the seller...Anybody can help? Erich [protected]

• Mi
    Michael Anthony IX Nov 16, 2009

Element 5 has two programs, Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic that they charge for annually to use these. Unless you tell them not to, they will automatically charge your account when renewing your subscription

• De
    Debbie DeMoines Mar 12, 2010

DRIelements withdrew $39.95 on 03-11-10 without any authorization! Really put me in a mess. Had to cancel card and have to fight wih bank for overdrafts. This company needs to go out of business!!!