DRI Element5.comfraudulent charge

G

I've never ever heard of dri element 5, but today I went to view my account online and there's a charge for $39.95!!! never heard from them, don't know what they do or sell and what certainly didn't buy anything from them.

• Mi
    MichaelC Jun 29, 2009

June 29, 2009 - Hi everyone,

I called Element 5's customer service department at [protected] and it turned out that a charge that went thru my Visa account was in another person's name, with a different address, and a different company name. Element 5 said it looked fraudulent, so they are in the process of refunding my money (CDN$30). Somehow a transaction went thru with my card number, but the wrong customer.

John Mullen Mar 05, 2009

I noticed 3 separate charges on my account totaling over $200.00 fromthese ###. It took an hour to cancel my card because my credit union was closed and the credit card company said that they could not find their info. I can't wait to talk to my credit union this morning and will be filing a police report against these ###.

• Lc
    L. Collins Dec 01, 2008

They just did it to me too, today, for $49.86. I don't even know who or what they are. The last on-line purchase with my card was for Consumer Report online. My bank thinks it is from there site that they got my information. HOW IRONIC>

• Dm
    D.M. Williams Nov 24, 2008

This company has a charge of 29.95 pending on my son's student checking account that he did not authorize and has never heard of this company before. I have contacted BoA and they are going to set up a stop payment and repost the money to my son's account as soon as this charge posts. I have no clue how they got his account information because he does not shop or use his card on the internet.

I think its disgusting how the companies do this and get away with it.

• Ro
    Robert F. Landon Nov 18, 2008

I too have been scammed by Dri Elements5.com and confirm its origin is PC Tools.com. I have contacted all parties possibly complicit in fraudulent acts and have contacted both the California and US Attorneys General's Office and Fraud units. My next step is to file a Class Action case against these parties and would seek others to join. Contact RF Landon at [email protected]

• Ju
    Julie Kirshneur Nov 14, 2008

I too have been SCAMMED by this company. I've never heard of DriElement 5 and yet, somehow, they were able to charge my account 3 separate times totaling $69.85! What a RACKET.

I've called my bank and they said ### companies like drielement 5 do these kind of shady things all the time. I can't figure out how they got my debit card number, but I've canceled my card and had to order a new one.
    I guess it pays to be diligent with your bank account to watch out for stuff like this.

• Je
    JEan Sep 28, 2008

Yeah, i got check my bank today online. here this charge that was made. I sure the heck didn;t do it and have to have my bank shut down anything coming on going out of it, shat great fun, i better get my money back, has anyone heard or been to this site

john Sep 20, 2008

the same here; after a little investigation it seems that it was a online purchase I did. I bought & downloaded online the AVG anti-virus package. This was this transaction...

• Ri
    Richard Inman Sep 17, 2008

I have found a withdrawal from my bank account of £52.50. I do not know why this money has been taken and request an immediate return of this money.

This amount was taken on July 17 2008 and the entry reads - Dri wwwElements5 Info elements5 info

Nothing has been sent to me by post or through the system to my computer.

I am alarmed, please rectify this matter immediately.

Yours sincerely Richard Inman

Andrew Sep 15, 2008

checked my banking account and saw a unfamiliar company taking $39.99 out of my checking known as DRI Element5.com never heard of these people and definately never bought anything from these people.