Dreamlife Photos & VideoUnacceptable Service and terrible photography

T

Extremely poor service, highly AVOID this group of photographers, they took my hard earned money without providing any type of satisfactory service but instead insult myself and my partner, all up they took $2760 from me without providing me any decent photo service and that was only for the pre-wedding shoot, luckily we cancelled before the wedding, as we also booked photo and video at the wedding which is now cancelled, thank god.

Their photographers are not professional, as they simply contract out their photographers from different service providers such as splendid photos. From the photos taken I would have done better with a disposable camera from 7 eleven. The photos were blurry, were not focused, were not of us, pictures of the bin on the side, the opera house pictures were blurry making the opera house unrecognisable, out of the 200 pictures they provided us, almost 100 of them were repeats of the same picture, other pictures I don't know why they would include in the final usb stick they gave us, it were of us fixing our own clothes and hair and other pictures we had our eyes closed because we blinked. We responded to them regarding our issues and Teresa proceeded to insult us that our eyes are small and we should use double eyelid stickers, we obviously were deeply offended by this and our eyes are big. They thought it was ok to make that comment to us.

Prior to even receiving the pre-wedding photos they wanted us to pay for the second deposit of $1380, I'm guessing to cover their mistake and to lock us in, they wouldn't provide us the photos unless we pay another $1380 which we already paid $1380 for the initial deposit.

All in all out of all this the studio manager at the Pyrmont Dreamlife Sydney Studio Greg McCarry has not once said sorry to us about the issue but continues to believe that they are not in the fault and we are in the wrong, I'm not sure what type of customer service course you went on but it was definitely not a good one, they have refused to refund what we paid them and has only offered a $380 out of the $2760 we've paid them which they have not completed even the pre-wedding photoshoot stage, where they still need to photoshop the photos we liked and develop a 16x24 print for us.

We're currently going through a department of fair trading case with them and will soon go to legalaid and lodge a claim with the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

HIGHLY AVOID DREAMLIFE.

Tony

RESOLVED

This matter is now settled and closed with the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the respondent has refunded a partial amount to myself the applicant and as the applicant I am to remove this complaint/review.