Dream Vacations Internatial aka Five Points Travelscam

W

This is a scam. Would not refund money. We Cancelled credit card. No one to contact. Take the money and run. Do not deliver as promised.

• Je
    Jen299 Feb 28, 2013

My sister in law just did a deal with dreams vacation they told her she has 2 yrs to use her vacations. One is to cancun, Florida and Costa Rica she just gave them her credit card and 700 to sign up. She called me for me to sign up. So I called Jason at [protected] ext 6334. I didn't sign up cause it just seemed to good. Also u have to pay for airfare and by the time you do that it's just as much as booking an all inclusive resort through my agent. Any body have any dealings with dreams vacations or been on the web site.

marvin ramirez Jun 07, 2011

marvin ramirez $379 they took help me where to file complaint or get money back [protected]

• Ce
    cecd Mar 16, 2011

Go to the BBB!!! We fall for a scam like this with All Dreams Vacations / VGC Corporation of America for $379 and just got a refund in full! the only way to stop this type of scam is to act on it and go to the BBB, FTC or to the Office of the Attorney General.

• Dt
    dtkpprc Aug 01, 2010

Does anyone have experience with Vacations International operating out of Vancouver WA?? Supposedly a free cruise to listen to a 90 minute pitch. Thanks.

• Mr
    Mrs Campbell Jun 08, 2010

We too were conned whilst on holiday in Koh Samui. I am currently trying to get my money back. We were sold this package by someone called David Tiplady who is no longer with the company. He lied through his teeth to us promising holidays in 5 star hotel suites, which when we finally received our package through the post was nothing of the sort. I agree these people want stopping NOW before anyone else is taken in. Has anyone actually managed to get their money back?

• Ou
    outofcash May 13, 2010

these guys are also operating as Kings Vacation International (KVI-DVI) out of Koh Samui late 2009. We are embarrased that we were scammed over $10, 000, when we thought we were prepaying our next holidays. No tickets, nothing. We are just going to go and turn up at the hotel, what else can we do to get attention.

• Su
    Susan Hammann Jul 21, 2009

On March 7, 2009 my husband and I listened to the sales pitch for Dream Vacations at the Parsippany location. We were so impressed with the prices quoted and the "freebies" being offererd - Yes, we signed up. A few months later, I tried to call them to book our first trip - one of the free offers, and all I get is a recording. I leave my name, membership number and return phone number, but never get a call back. We have not been able to collect the free offers, or book a vacation. We saw the story on TV, and have become very worried. We work hard for our money, and to be taken for $5, 995.00 really hurts. I am so angry. Please tell me where to go next. If there is a law suit against these people, I would like to join it. [email protected]

• Am
    amanda Jun 12, 2009

cap,
    you want to go anywhere that has some kind of power. any media is great, printing flyers, etc. if thats too much work, continue posting on sites like this as well as the BBB (although their rating is already an F). I have a feeling they are about to be shut down... soon.

• Ca
    cap Jun 12, 2009

i did get my free car rental form to fill after i submitted the initial form. But i've been trying to get in touch with some one for 2 weeks now to book our first trip. i've been trying to call [protected]. i received one call that they were working on it and never received a call since. i'm getting a little worried from reading everyone's response and the Fox news story. Does anyone have any other number they tried to call for booking? i'm thinking i should file a complaint too. Can someone point me where to go? Thanks.

• Jm
    jmerrick Jun 11, 2009

I just watched that same video. we got scammed out of $3, 700. really? this is REDIC. I can not even believe these people can sleep at night. We signed up with "dream vacation". Let me tell you, if i could hurt these people, i would have no problem doing this at all. How about i steal your money "dream vacation." They are going down. We are ALL going to get our money back, and these scam artists will feel it where it hurts.

• Nj
    NJbuyerneedshelp Jun 11, 2009

All this story aired tonight 6/11/09 on fox 5 news with Arnold Diaz... check it out. The attorney general also filed a complaint. Let's keep up the pressure and maybe we will get our money back..

• Am
    amanda Jun 02, 2009

she must be. she even brings up the name "Jackie" (Jackie Bork) who happends to be the ringleader of fraudlient activity in Parsippany, NJ. I have filed a complaint with BBB. I am now contacting the lawyer working on this case, who I heard has been taken advantage of himself. I tried calling the company at least 50 times being hung up on, bounced around, taken my number with no calls in return. When I found my salesmans direct number I called it and was informed he was no longer with the company. What sudden change of heart? Decided you couldnt steal people money anymore, Dan? or did you get fired because you didnt steal enough money for the company? I have never been so angry in my entire life. These people should all rot in hell.

• Mr
    mrsquigles May 06, 2009

Jeannegirl's an employee of Five Star unless she has some odd reason to defend them on three separate complaints.

• Je
    Jeannegirl Apr 22, 2009

I'm a member of DVI. I signed up at the Five Points distributor location. I have been completely satisfied with my membership especially since I saved 2300 on my first trip (which i checked myself). Also, when I signed up I asked if I could cancel if I decided I didn't want the program. They explained their policies and I read it in the contracts that I signed that there was no recission or cancellation. I'm happy to say that that hasn't even been necessary. I did have some questions about the promotional gifts from the marketing company but the customer service at Five Points took care of all my that. As for jj3128's comment, I was also confused about the names. DVI is the fulfillment company and travel club. Five Points is just a distributor of that company. They are seperate. They also use different companies for the marketing/gifts. I was quite confused before they explained everything. Have you used the membership at all?

• Sh
    sherlock Apr 22, 2009

I have used several services like this one, I bought a package from them and had a great experience. I use the services they offer because I don't have the time to search for the best deal out there. I don't care where they get the package from just that it is taken care of and the price is reasonable. When I did have an issue they promptly called me back and resolved the issue. It is too bad that you had a bad experience with them I did not. The gentleman I spoke with was very prompt in getting me what I needed and even offerred to go an extra step to make up for my time. If this is your first vacation timeshare I suggest that you check others this is by far one of the best out there.

• Ro
    Rob Apr 15, 2009

WE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE bbb A FEW MONTHS AGO. WE THEN GAVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF BOOKING A TRIP TO ST THOMAS FOR US. THEY BOOKED IT THROUGH EXPEDIA WHICH WE COULD HAVE DONE OURSELVES SINCE WE TOLD THEM WHEN THE PRICES WERE DOWN. THEY BOUNCED A CHECK THIS PAST WEEK FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF THE TRIP TO MEXICO THAT WAS PROMISED. WHAT A HORRIBLE MISTAKE FOR 3000$. HAS ANYONE TAKEN THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT?

• Jj
    jj3128 Apr 15, 2009

We were the victims of this scam by Five Points Travel, (or Dreamworks Vacations International, or Dream Vacations International). Obviously they operate in many different names and locations. I have filed my compliant with New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs and BBB. If you are defrauded, please do not hesitate to file your case against them.