Dream bedssagging orthopedic mattress

C

The Richmond 'orthopedic' mattress is anything but orthopedic. We had two troughs of up to 30mm deep within two weeks and all that we have been offered so far is that we can buy a more expensive mattress from them but we have to pay an extra £300 on top of the £829 already paid! Customer Service department is a misnomer - Customer obstruction department would be a better name. For anyone interested, the CEO's e-mail address is [protected]@dreams.co.uk - if you want good luck go to any other shop for your beds.
cagey

sagging orthopedic mattress
sagging orthopedic mattress

• Dr
    DreamsPete Oct 09, 2012

Hi there I am sorry to hear this. Can you please message me your order number and I will look into this for you

cagey Oct 22, 2012

Dreamspete has not responded via this site. However, I also pursued them via correspondence which resulted in their written final 'offer' of a discount of £150 off an upgraded mattress or I can have my money back LESS 20% cancellation fee! I haven't cancelled anything. They have failed to provide a mattress that is fit for purpose as an orthopaedic mattress (that's what it says on the label attached to the mattress). I just want my money back so that I can go and get a proper orthopaedic mattress from someone who will provide one and has a genuine customer 'service'. I am continuing other avenues to get a full refund from them - watch this space.
    cagey

cagey Dec 13, 2012

Other avenues to get all my money back failed in the end due to Dreams refusing to agree that the, so called, orthopaedic bed was rubbish. They threatened to withdraw any offer of even partial refund unless we accepted, there and then, to pay their 20% cancellation fee - to my mind this was blackmail by any other name. We were unable to continue to sleep on the bed any longer, it was so extremely uncomfortable and causing my wife so much pain, so we sent the thing back and had to accept Dream's 20% 'cancellation fee'. We found a much better bed at a lesser price from another shop.
    I would strongly recommend that you do not go to Dreams until such time as they are more honest in their descripions and dealings or until such time as they change their name to Nightmares

• Bo
    Bomber111 Jan 05, 2014

We bought a beautiful mattress from Dreams years ago. It was a Sleepeezee and it was wonderful. We bought the insurance at the same time. Unfortunately the Sleepeezee sagged after about 6 years, so we used the guarantee. BIG BIG BIG mistake. We were advised that the Richmond mattress was a direct replacement for our lovely Sleepy. It's hard, uncomfortable and cheaply made. My wife's hips hurt and It's already starting to dip and we can't wait to get rid of it. We're going to John Lewis next time. They do a better mattress with more springs in varying tensions for 699. They charge less for disposal and the service is so much better.

cagey Jan 06, 2014

Yep, about par for course. Nightmares is a much better name for them!

• Tw
    twinsl Jan 27, 2016

i am very pleased to read this review!!! Dreams have been disastrous. They already supplied me with two different mattresses, each of which was apparently the replacement for a now discontinued model which i loved. Neither were a like for like spec as they said. The current replacement (Lambert) is now sagging after 5 months use. They have agreed to replace it or demand I pay £500 for an upgrade to the Richmond - which at time of press, after sending them a complain - they have agreed to supply without extra charge. Reading about the Richmond confirms why I have no faith or trust in this company anymore. Dreams have misled me twice, each mattress was not the spec that I was promised, now enduring 8 months of backpain, and I'm grateful to read this review - because despite offering me the Richmond as a better quality bed, I can see that it is not. Thank you for writing this!

• Fe
    Feel let down Nov 27, 2016

Hi it's been interesting reading all these comments. I too have had an issue with a mattress a superking. I got the bed from furniture warehouse I paid £1068 for this bed. After a couple of months my partner and I began to notice a real saging in the mattress where we had laid and a lump in the middle. After 2 months of arguing with the company who manufacturer this Richmond mattress we were told it was normal and just 'settlement' hmm I don't think so. Because it was still under warranty I requested a replacement as I had legal advice saying they were to supply replacement or refund whole bed. They eventually opted to replace mattress. I have my new mattress exactly the same style and I've slept on it a week and I'm already noticing the same occurring problems. This is possibly the problem with having a superking bed I don't know. Let's just say I very much wish I had gone for a king size instead of the lumpy, uncomfortable superking.
    Feeling let down

Comments

• Yo
    Yolanda W. Akers Mar 16, 2017

Online mattress reviews, rating and compare. Contain info-graphic buying guide. http://getbestmattress.com/best-memory-foam-mattress/