Dr. James HaysExtremely Rude

I switched thyroid doctors merely because my dad was going to Dr. Hays, I didn't have any problems with my previous doctor. From the first appointment I did not like this doctor. Iwould wait at least 30 minutes before him. He is extremely rude, terrible bedside manner.

After he questioned me for 5 minutes on why I was still seeing him and not another doctor closer to where I lived I asked him for a copy of my file. He refused to provide me with a copy and walked out of the room on me. When I asked the lady at the front for a copy she said ok and as she was about to make copies he turned around from half way down the hallway and came back. He said he would take care of it, opened the file and hand selected certain documents out of the file and handed them to the lady and walked away. The 3 documents were lab results from other facilities. At that point he was violation HIPPA by refusing me my records.

I left the office, called back an hour later to tell them I would be up to collect my records. When I arived they were already copied but not all of them. I asked to look at file and I was refused, which is also required under HIPPA.

This doctor is absolutely rude. My father is removing his file from this office as well.

• Im
    imtried May 29, 2009

I to am tried of the drs thinking that there time is more important than ours, i had an appt at 2:30 with a Dr Lanade and i was on time, did not go back into the room until 4:00 sat there for another dang 45mins whn i had said enough is enough and was getting ready to leave he catches me leaving (i felt like a kid snicking out for the nite, ha) and thn he didnt even seem to understand what i was telling him now by this time my blood pressure was sky high, and that was what i was there for well Hey drs whn u have a patient that has high blood pressure and u play with there time and have them sit there for 2.1/2 hrs what do u think is going to happen, maybe its me so what do i do now that i do need a dr and i do have ins that i pay for at work and still get treated as if i dont what do i do what good is having insurance if i can get the same 2hr wait at a heath center..sick and tried

• Pa
    pattiwinters Aug 16, 2012

Dr. Hays is rude. And passive aggressive. His reputation in awful, even among other doctors. He gave me an attitude on my Father's last check up, acting like he had never heard my father had two strokes & was hospitalized this past year, even though he made us pay for two follow up visits with him! And all of a sudden he is trying to make me feel like I failed because HE never paid any attention to the medical reports! Do yourself a favor and go to ANYONE else. His office also ignored a prescription refill request for over a MONTH, and my father was actually off his medication for a week as a result of their inability to do their job. And then they tried to blame the drug company. It took four calls from the drug company, and three from me, for over a month, and my father still had to go without his medication. What if he had died?! And we got no apology. Man should not have a license.

• Fl

861 Silver Lake Blvd.
    Dover, DE 19904

• Dp
    Dpace Jun 16, 2015

I will never go back to him again. He acted like he knew what was wrong with me just by looking at me. Told me it was menopause! I have already had 1/2 my thyroid removed and know what it feels like when its not working. He said .. are you all ready? Your numbers are within normal limits. Told him it was swollen and hard to swallow, he blew it off. Listened to my lungs, then decided to feel my remaining thyroid, then said "huh?". He proceeded to get me a cup of water, had me swallow while he felt my neck. Then he said, wow.. it is swollen. His solution... increased me from 0025mcg to 0050 mcg of medicine. I have a history of getting huge nodules, needless to say... found another... all of the Endos seem to have a holier than thou complex around here... the new one is not any different, but not nearly as rude and demeaning. Would not recommend him to my worst enemy!