Dr. Annie Pham ChengIncompetence

Dr. Annie and her staff are incompetent. As a pediatric dentist she and her partner should be accountable for pain management and accurate x-rays. Two of my children were told they had minor cavities only to find out during drilling that they were much deeper. Unfortunately one of the children had been allowed (without asking mom) to be treated without pain medicine. Another of my children kept trying to tell Dr. Annie that she could feel the drilling even after novicane - but the Dr. told her it was all in her head - and "There must be a full moon this week because I'm having difficulty dealing with you" and then Dr. Annie discovered that she had in fact numbed the WRONG nerve -and blamed my child for that too! Furthermore, the office Manager Yvonne is an absolute witch. She is rude and incompetent - go figure. She messed up our appointments by scheduling for two months after our insurance ending date - which I had discussed in depth with her and which she said was noted in our file... And she didn't post my debit card payment and tried to make me pay again: I had to bring proof that I had paid.

Dont Go There.

• Kl
    KlausN Jul 28, 2011

I can't speak to this person's complaint. However, our daughter has been going to Dr. Annie for more than four years, and we have NEVER had an issue of any kind.

We are very happy to have found her, and are very pleased with her work. Our experience is that she is a great pediatric dentist who does excellent work, and with whom children are very comfortable.

A plus is that she has a digital x-ray machine, which exposes children to much lower dosages of radiation than the conventional film kind. To our knowledge, she is the only pediatric dentist in the Santa Barbara - Goleta area who has this.

• Ro
    Rose Chavez Feb 23, 2016

Yvonne is retired now but she was an excellent person, kind and always answered my questions when
    I wasn't sure how much my insurance will cover. She indeed excel at her job. My thanks to her and I hope
    she's enjoying her retirement!