Downloadable Software at http://soft-buy.net/Bought Front Page Software

D

I purchased online software Front Page 2003 at Downloadable Software at http://soft-buy.net
They ask 24 hours for verification then if not received confirmation and instructions for download we must contact them. But there is no indications for contacting them on their website! Meanwhile the credit card has been debited of the amount.

• Pi
    Pidgeon Sep 01, 2015

I recently had to buy an application (FileMaker 11) which is no more sold by the manufacturer. Searching through the net I found the opportunity to buy it from Soft Ware (Soft Buy) at a good price. Later on (after my payment) I found they had a very weird attitude and started to wonder about their legality. For example: your money will be changed to Chinese money. On your bank account the amount appearing won't be necessarily the same that you expected... Weird weird...
    Most of all, almost immediately, an amount for nothing was drawn from my account, the responsible is QUICKFILMZ. When I asked why they picked up 49 $ or so they answered that I suscribed to their system. They had my e-mail, password etc... !!! And I never ordered whatever to them.
    I am absolutely sure they are connected with SOFT BUY.
    Be careful !!!
    Pidgeon

• St
    stillcurious2 Sep 09, 2012

Sorry! http://applications-outlet.com was the requested new domain that I was asking about.

• St
    stillcurious2 Sep 09, 2012

I would be interested if this is the same site/ store with just another domain. http://soft-buy.net/
    The old domain soft-buy.net does not exist any more! But the store is called soft buy, And there is no phone number.

• Kc
    kcorrea Dec 07, 2010

Wanted to post some good news...after 5 or 6 e-mails back and forth with this company I did actually receive a full refund. When first contacted them to report the product did not work (i.e could not download) they offered me assistance and then a product key. After refusing all of their offers, I let them know that what they were selling was illegal and that authorities would be contacted unless I received a full refund. They credited my money back to my account the next day. My advice to anyone scammed by this company is to e-mail them relentlessly. Good luck...

• Ba
    Bauder Dec 05, 2010

I purchased Office 2010 from them under the assumption that you get legal software for amazing prices! well i did have problem installing the program and I did get some support from them but the program still didnt install right. So I found out that Microsoft has a new systme of running the product keys through the internet to see if they are valid or not and I ran the product key that I got from Softbuy but it wasnt a valid key...I am in the process of trying to get my refund...wish me luck and a fair warning to others on using Softbuy. Know what you are paying for!

• Kc
    kcorrea Nov 23, 2010

I am yet another victim!! Too good be true...didn't want to wait for a CD to ship. The phone number is now not even connected. No response to e-mail. Did anyone ever resolve this? (i.e get their money back?) I am contacting my bank but not hopeful.

• Sm
    smarter consumer Nov 08, 2010

I agree with what has been discussed on this post. It is too good to be true. I purchased before asking question-big mistake. I realized after I received the confirmation download email with the instructions on how to download the software that it was not legal, so I called my bank's fraud department to cancel my card and dispute the charge on the grounds that the product being sold was illegal and my bank will now investigate it. Stay away from this website.

• Am
    amycq Nov 04, 2010

Dang! i was about to order some software and...thought i'd call first since it was so cheap...make sure they weren't 'selling' me a demo version or something..but the phone recording was so generic it made me curious..then i found this site... so...glad i didn't pull the trigger first and ask questions later...

• Av
    AverageJoeToo Oct 27, 2010

I called their "Call Center". This is nothing more than a voice mailbox with no identification and a generic message asking you to leave a message. Gee... I was hoping to talk to the attractive blonde in the photo!

(Very Shady!)

Comments

• Av
    AverageJoeToo Oct 27, 2010

I would caution anyone considering buying from this company. I purchased Quicken and it is buggy, with error messages popping up constantly.

I received a fraud alert from my bank that the charge for the software was billed from Latvia, which is a former Russian state. I paid it, but closed my visa account... Don't like the idea of my account number circulating all over Europe!

Their website makes every attempt to present themselves as an American company, but the language and punctuation would indicate otherwise.

• Jm
    JMTL Oct 18, 2010

DO NOT TOUCH WITH THOUSAND FOOT POLE.

Sold me defective software "Cyberlink PowerDVD8" Downloads from their four sites all had missing files and would not install.
    Suspect the fancy building pictured on their site is not theirs and they are probably not even a tenant. They do not answer complaints on their mail system or return phone calls. You leave a message on a remarkably unidentifiable answering service.

• Ic
    Ice Feb 16, 2009

soft-buy.net is a pirating company. They sell you pirated software. Basically you're paying for something they stole. Any dealings with companies of this sort are illegal and at your own risk.

• Je
    Jess Jan 04, 2009

Donald,
    Can you please tell me how you contacted soft-buy.net ? I am looking at purchasing a product from their site and want to know if it is worth it and how you got in contact with soft-buy.net since there is no contact us page.
    Is what they are doing piracy?
    Thanks

• Do
    donald joyal Oct 29, 2008

I am the author of this complaint and I want to delete it. In this complaint-website we find now way to withdraw a complaint either!