Dometic GroupDomestic customer service

S Jul 22, 2020

I will add my opinion of the "customer service" Dometic provides -- it does not exist. I have had to call in to their customer support center three times in the last month over issues with a Dometic awning and wind sensor. In addition to that I have written two emails in the last month both of which took over a week to get a response. I should say non-response because their answer did not address my issues. When I called into their support center I spent well over an hour on hold each time. The first call got me no where and the second call I talked to a nice young lady who was trying to help. That is until I heard the dreaded words, "take some pictures and email them to us." Notice I did not say email them to me because apparently Dometic makes no attempt to create service tickets. Well I had no choice so I took the images and sent them off and it has now been 8 days since I sent them.

I have been Rving over 30 years and I can say without hesitation that Dometic makes no attempt to create happy customers or keep their customers happy when issues develop. You are literally on your own. No reputable company that says they care about customer service would leave a customer waiting on the phone over an hour. None would put you back through the same ordeal if you have to follow-up on that call. There are no case numbers--they simply answer the phone if you are brave enough to wait on hold.

I do not blame the customer support personnel--it is squarely on the shoulders of management that allows such a system to exist. Their email response is epic--you will wait at least a week if not more for a response but you will get an immediate automatic reply:

"Dear Valued Dometic Customer, we are experiencing higher than normal email volume which is causing a delay in our response. We appreciate your patience as we work through this time."

RV manufacturers need to put an end to their crap by insisting that they set up a quality support system if they put Dometic equipment in the RV. I challenge any responsible manager at Dometic to reply to this email and give me and others a way to get our problems resolved.