Dollar Tree / store manager

United States Review updated:

Good morning,
Store 739, Rude store manager COLE...
My daughter stopped in your store yesterday to get mother's day cards. Her change should have been 13.72, however the cashier (he was clearly special needs) only gave her 8.72. My daughter called in tears as the store manager was rude to her says he weighed the drawer and it is accurate. He also asked me if I HEARD of technology. That was very rude. I gave my daughter 20.00 for her loss, as it's not the money its the principle. He should have been empowered to make it right, however he said it would require writing up the cashier. I asked for DM or GM's number was denied. Your store manager COLE offered to text her my info yet no call. I left 2 messages on your phone line number [protected] and no return call from anyone. As a member of manager, I have a maximum threshold I allow my associates to use to satisfy customers, thus reducing our escalation calls. At the end of day 5.00 will not effect Dollar Tree, but it did effect my daughter, and that is why I am teaching her a lesson. Be kind, he respectful, and advocate for your self. I look forward to hearing back from SOMEONE soon. [protected]. [protected]@yahoo.com
Regards,
Mrs Abron

Ni
May 10, 2019

Comments

• Km
      May 10, 2019

Your daughter probably pocketed the $5 or lost it. You say they " weighed" the register. I assume "weighed" is some country hick euphemism for tallying a till, and after tallying the till they found that the register was perfectly balanced which would have not been the case had the cashier been retarded as you suggest, don't call it "special needs" as this might suggest problems other then basic retardation. Just because your daughter by some manner of folly lost $5 doesn't mean everyone else has to make it right. You are obviously a socialist democratic twit who think everyone has to take care of you and make everything better for you while you do absolutely nothing to contribute to society.

May 14, 2019

@Kmart 9459 I never knew you were this awesome.

•   May 10, 2019

When handed the wrong amount, did she speak up then or wait? I’d have requested a money count instead of a weight. But if eight dollars and not thirteen dollars were placed into my hand, I’d have stopped everyone to look at my change. If they wouldn’t return my five dollars, I’d have called the police after taking pictures of my money in my hand.

• Th
      May 11, 2019

Lol. Ok. Sure.

May 12, 2019

When a customer complains about not getting the right change, the manger does a count of how much money is in the register . If that “disabled boy” gave your daughter the wrong change, it would have shown up when he was ending his shift, RESULTING in automatic write up. Corporate sees how much over and under the tolls are, so you bet that manager wrote the guy up, or his ass would be on the line. Seems like your daughter should have raised the issue as soon as she got the receipt, so that a manager could have done a count right in front of her. Seems more likely that your daughter was mistaken and made a judgment about someone she thought looked stupid.

May 12, 2019

@GURL..r0ckband.last..name *till

•   May 19, 2019

If she knew she was supposed to get 13.72 in change then why did she leave with 8.72? I have a feeling she spent that 5 dollars on something she didn't want you to know about. Probably a pot cigarette or beer.

•   May 19, 2019

My folks owned a music store and I worked from age eight and up. I was good at math and was-polite. Woman comes in, shops and buys items. Gives me a five dollar bill and I give her change. She yelled loudly that she gave me a ten dollar bill and I’m a thief. The five was put in the till and wasn’t neat . My dad hit a button, got the total and counted it in front of all

Perfect to the penny. My folks knew I’d not steal anything from them and he counted it then. If in doubt he’d not have counted it then. .

•   May 20, 2019

What kind of mother is proud her daughter got her a dollar store mother's day card???

I understand if you are low on cash but then you make one!