Dollar Tree / rude employee, customer abuse

United States Review updated:

I was in the dollar Tree on Grand Avenue in Maspeth, New York 11378 on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 midday. There were around 8 people on line and only one register open. There were 2 employees sitting in front of the store. One appeared to be working but the other was sitting talking to her. I approached them and asked if the one sitting could open a register. She replied that there was one register open. I said I knew that and asked if she could open up because there were a lot of people clearly visible on line. She said that "Hers" is the only one open, referring to the open register. I asked if she "could" open a reister and she responded that she was not going to. She never said she was off duty or at lunch, just that she was not going to open. I walked out. I do not know if anyone else did. Others were complaining that it is often like that in the Maspeth store even in mid afternoon when the store is mostly empty as it was then. One woman said she tries to go to Metropolitan Avenue for just that reason. I myself prefer the Sunnyside location when I have time. She told me her name was Joanna. I would like for the store to clarify that customers are more important than her comfort and chit chat time and for the store to post a policy on how many customers should be on line before a new register is open.

Pe
May 10, 2019

Comments

• Um
      10th of May, 2019

You are not the people police. You don't know how people will react. This is Queens NY. Just one zip code away we had an ahole shoot a pharmacy attendant twice because there was no money to steal, also CONDOMS! They haven't caught him yet so he's still out there. You really want to get shot because the dollar tree line is long?

PS: The are all long. Just deal with it. Pr spend ten to twenty times the price for something you will have to replenish in the same amount of time.

• Bi
      10th of May, 2019

Sounds to me like you asked a question and were given an answer. Would you prefer that she violate federal law and work off the clock? If that is the case, you possess the same mentality as sweatshop slumlords that make crappy Kathie Lee Gifford sweatpants and sell them to ignorant malcontents at stores like Dollar General.

Do the math.

Hope that helps!

Your friend,

Biggus Dickus

• Te
      10th of May, 2019

Maybe she didn't tell you if she was off duty or at lunch because it's none of your freaking business. When a random stranger comes up and starts telling people how to do their job, they don't deserve any information at all.

• Km
      10th of May, 2019

They were outside of the store, that is like a universal sign they are not on the clock, probably even that they had already clocked out for the day. Exactly what more of a sign do you need that they are not on the clock. At my last job simply taking off the name badge was enough for customers to have the proper respect not to bother us, and since you didn't know her name she obviously didn't have her name badge on but I guess for you they have to be home naked in bed before you realize they are not on the clock.

10th of May, 2019

The stores are often short handed. You can’t expect to run in and out. Eight people were waiting so eight or fifteen minutes of waiting. Maybe the other employees would have gotten up to help. They could be on break, lunch, early for work or something else. If lazy, then the employee working would have asked for help. You were told that only one register is open. Why is not your question to ask as you don’t manage the business.

A policy on new register opening up is probably there if employees are available. You can’t expect perfection at that store when paying a buck for everything. You’re not on Madison Avenue

12th of May, 2019

I can’t stand people defending dollar tree. I KNOW this dollar tree, it is store number 4587, and is filthy. The manager you speak of is the store managers favorite, and he allows her to leave moldy food in the refrigerator door, and to not rotate products. Also the manager Alfonso washes the sink with the toilet brush. He is a terrible person that makes females work off the clock and push 200 pound bales off the clock in the rain. He is disgusting and the reason the store looks like [censored] is because all of his good assistant managers left, and he acquired a convicted pedophile as a freight manager. The guy was a horrible manager and the store became so filthy and unorganized. No one cares and they got two broken doors. To add to this, instead of writing this guy up for screaming at him all the time, he PROMOTED THIS CONVICTED PEDOPHILE TO DAY SHIFT. This means he is around children. Alfonso also paid for this guys parking tickets when he stayed late, although he was abuse when the same case was with a female. Please op, what I’m saying is 100 percent true. Spread the news of this stores danger, if anything I may call eye witness news.

12th of May, 2019

@Henry87NY Yes spelling issues, but idc because I can’t be spending all that time on the iPod. Btw the store’s phone number is 718 335 1652. Tell them what you think about them. Dollar tree is a disgusting company who pay corporate to sit on their behinds.

12th of May, 2019

@Henry87NY You seem to know an awful lot of intricate details about a store you apparently hate. You must work there.

12th of May, 2019

District manager name is TOMMY, the same name as the regional manager. Have fun if you find their numbers.

12th of May, 2019

Seriously, guys. The Dollar tree off of NORTHERN BOULEVARD by Tower Square shopping strip is the cleanest I've ever seen. Never have I ever had to crawl over or behind or in front of even one of those damned merchandise hand trucks. Other DTs, they will have ten in an aisle rendering it useless.

12th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Yeah but isn’t that dm tommy? Same as the district manager of Maspeth, and other disgusting stores within the district. Btw Alfonso may become the new district manager soon. Y’all better get new jobs if that happens.

12th of May, 2019

@Henry87NY I don't work for Dollar tree you fvktard!

12th of May, 2019

@Henry87NY Unlike you I don't really care who the district managers are or the managers are in Dollar trees. I have a life and better things to do than to people police.

12th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I don’t give a fvk you low iq buffoon. Go play with your momma for mother’s day.

12th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! So you are just hanging around a complaints board, policing people’s comments toward a retail chain that is in no relevance to you. You are probably just a stoner in need of an overdose.

12th of May, 2019

@Henry87NY You obviously do give a fvk. You are the buffoon who has nothing better to do than to census every open minute of this store. Go do something with your life like get a job or go to school.

12th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! You are correct that this is the police, health department and the fdny’s job. They’ve already been called, and I APOLOGIZE if it offends you that I’m bringing awareness to my community of pedophiles, collapsing chemical boxes which were built 8 feet tall, food poisoning, fire hazards. Look, I get it it, you have no reason to be here, yet are arguing with people about a topic that has no relevance to you. Perhaps you can send a kin of yours to this store and they can have their first causality. With the genes governing your intelligence, it would be a well needed cleansing of the gene pool.

12th of May, 2019

@Henry87NY Really? I know of a better run dollar tree and I have advised you to go there.

13th of May, 2019

Nah but in all seriousness, I actually have info on this store. Yes there is a pedo their and it’s defo a fire hazard. Even there were roaches in the fridge on the eggs, and also on the bread. About those broken door glass, I won’t go as far as to say props to whoever did that ... but.. props.woodside by the big six has a great store.

13th of May, 2019

Yow. Methinks I need to read from the top tomorrow. Y’all are arguing over petty stuff. People don’t need to work at a store to know the problems. Tomorrow I’ll see what I missed. Bedtime for me after an exhausting day.

Play nice, y’all.

16th of May, 2019

For some reason they don’t let me post a photo or link here. So just look up Cory James Donahue grand street. You will recognize a certain person if you know the store.

17th of May, 2019

@GURL..r0ckband.last..name But he's in Brooklyn whereas this store is Masbeth, Queens.

17th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! He works in the Maspeth location, around the vicinity of three schools.

17th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Have you even been paying attention?

17th of May, 2019

@GURL..r0ckband.last..name Paying attention to what? Why is this even in here and not on some police blotter or something? Are we talking about schools, this guy imparticular or DOLLAR TREE????

It's hard to pay attention when you guys can't get to the point of your complaint!

17th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! First of all the towns name is Maspeth, not Masbeth. It is ironic that you continually lecture people on reading when you switch letter’s around, which points to a type of dyslexia. That, and your inability to follow what is going on within written accounts points to that you have some kind of learning disability, and are projecting by coming onto a complaints board, and accusing people of not being able to read or make sense. You are just lashing out at anybody who complains without even behing able to comprehend what they are writing.

You are a teacher no? I don’t know how you finished college with such a disability, and have a feeling that you were held back at least once in school.

This is what Transpired in this thread: the op mentioned poor customer service and a second person within the comments mentioned about the dangerous conditions and pedophile at THIS LOCATION. Finding it strange that the same store is being mentioned more than once within a few days, i’ve Decided to give actual info on this store to to add credence to what is being said.

How you can’t decipher why a pedo working at a store within the vicinity of three schools is negative, then you are only adding to my theory of your disability. Plus did you actually ask if was talking about a school or store? Do you not have the ability to put two and two together by what is being said in this post? There is a gross and disgusting store, with a pedo around kids, working at this location.

That is not so hard to understand, perhaps I will start referring to you as “hookedonphonics”

16th of May, 2019

I went to Dollar Tree today for two things. Crowded at 4:00 pm and one register open with a long line. Then I noticed the end register was open with no customers. In and out quickly while others stood in line. No employees in the aisles or hanging around. Nine customers in line and the busy cashier didn’t think to tell them another register was open.

If I’d had time I’d have shopped around for things.

• Bi
      17th of May, 2019

Yup! The poster is an absolute loser who has nothing else to do other than chronicle every waking moment of this store like sad retiree on a park bench wondering whether the rain will start before or after dinner. The poster has no concept of how businesses work and has a self entitled attitude toward the world.

Did I miss anything?