Dollar Treeemployees

Ge Oct 04, 2019 Review updated:

I was shopping for about 30-40 minutes, when someone announced that only cash is being accepted and the CC machine is down. I walked to the front, put down my basket and was leaving, when an employee said damn this dollar stuff has people upset, damn you aint got a couple dollars in your pocket for that stuff !!

I found this to be beyond rude, therefore I have put together a group of about 30 people and we will have a peaceful protest in front of the store for the next couple weekends, in hopes that the business suffers.

10/4/2019
12:40 PM
African American Male, Tall

Gennie Cook
[protected]
[protected]@yahoo.com

Comments

• Th
      Oct 04, 2019

Lmao. So you don’t work? A protest? You’re ridiculous.

• Km
      Oct 04, 2019

Cashier definitely shouldn't have said anything about people not having enough money on them for their dollar tree purchases. I have a $5, 000 a month income, but never have paper money on me. I keep it safe in multiple bank accounts, or in silver and gold coins. It's your right to protest but if the associate had that kind of an attitude simply because customers were leaving, I wouldn't count on your protest to remain peaceful.

• Th
      Oct 06, 2019

@Kmart 9459 Lol. Ok

•   Oct 04, 2019

Your protest against the clerk should be in writing. People shop there and they can’t be stopped.

• So
      Oct 05, 2019

Store 7320
    Love Dollar Tree and go at least once a week. I used to go to the store in Commack but one opened up much closer so I've been going to that one. It's new, probably only a month old or so-but the disarray and bedlam inside suggests it was opened too soon. The cashiers and floor sales people are great, but the management isn't on top of his/her game. The store is *filthy*! The shelves are half full. The aisles are littered with towers of boxes, some empty, some full of products... and there are so many of them it is nearly impossible to find or reach the products behind them.The floor people who are not sales associates are rude, angry and disappointed, and so am I. However I will go back to the store in Commack, because that is obviously well-run, the floors shine and the only boxes out are the display boxes. The shelves are well-stocked everything for sale is visible. I am not going back to the one in Huntington Station and moving my business back to the one in Commack.

•   Oct 05, 2019

And yet again I have to explain the reality of electronic things and other things created by man.

Man is imperfect.
    Many things made and invented by man are imperfect.
    Many things invented by man can breakdown because their maker was imperfect.

Therefore... --pay attention now and take notes if you need to--...

MAN-MADE THINGS ARE IMPERFECT!!!

Whereas I totally agree with you the dude who said that was condescending, rude and wallet shaming but this is not protest worthy.

If you think it is say hello to AL Sharpton and Bernie Sanders for me.

JK they need to be shat on.

•   Oct 05, 2019

Dollar Tree is known for the disarray and filth in their stores. I shop there monthly for liquid soap, styluses, body powder and a few other things. I don’t expect perfection and don’t get it.

•   Oct 06, 2019

@SubSquirrel SOME are in constant disarray and filth but I have been in two that have never been cleaner or tidier.

I personally think that keeping the aisles jam packed with uboats is a preference of the manager or owner. I have seen a couple that have either no uboats or maybe one or two out in the open.

I have also been to a couple of dollar trees that have apparently spent all their money ON uboats…. like there are 16 aisles or so in the store... like 12 are jampacked with those ridiculous uboats. like you cant even see what the aisle IS!

•   Oct 06, 2019

@Um is not an answer! The two I generally go to are in disarray. But the store in Swansea Mass is clean, mneat, organized and full of stock. Wednesday I’ll be near there for my broken ankle and plan to stop in if I’m not seen late. You’d never know that it was Dollar Tree due to the array of merchandise and clean aisles.

•   Oct 06, 2019

@SubSquirrel right. the one I found with only two uboats or so in one aisle was surprisingly in an area that is not generally known for cleanliness, pride or anything positive really... Melrose, Bronx. in fact, one subway stop away from THE HUB. its the epitome of trash behavior and trash in general. yet, this store is one of the cleaner ones I have been in.

•   Oct 06, 2019

@Um is not an answer! This place is bigger and aisles are straight until the middle of the store, then angled for ease of shopping . They have merchandise other stores don’t have due to space considerations.