Dollar Tree65-year-old woman denied access to rest room (dollar tree, fairview rd, costa mesa)

No stars!! Today I was shopping at Dollar Tree, Fairview Ave, Costa Mesa, California. I am 65, Caucasian, and appropriately dressed (I am not a homeless person or anything like that) and I seldom need a rest room while shopping (but today I did). I politely asked a (young) cashier if someone would please open the rest room and she said she would call someone (I heard her make an announcement over the PA system). I waited at the back of the store (near the rest rooms) but no one came. I went back to the casher to ask about status and she referred me to a very rude woman (middle aged, Hispanic appearance). The woman acknowledged that she knew that I was waiting for the rest room but had decided to ignore my request to assist customers at checkout instead. OMG, I was shocked! It would have only taken a couple of minutes to help me out. Too bad for the store since I was about to purchase over $100 in supplies for a party next week!!!
Feeling mistreated (and possibly discriminated against), I will never be back to this particular store; and (to protect others) will share this disappointing experience with my classmates, women's groups, Facebook contacts and people at my church so they can steer clear of this awful place!

Dg
Sep 04, 2019

Comments

• Th
      Sep 04, 2019

Stfu. If you were the customer in line you would’ve been complaining that she left to help someone else.

• Km
      Sep 04, 2019

Customers at checkout take priority over customers who need assistance opening the restroom . Why do you even need assistance opening the bathroom. Is the door heavy? Is something blocking the door?

•   Sep 04, 2019

Stores are required by law to provide restrooms if they serve food. Dollar Tree doesn’t serve food so you were lucky that she agreed to help. Checking out customers is more important than opening a bathroom door for you. Not buying the $100 that you supposedly had in your carriage was childish.

•   Sep 05, 2019

What does your race or the fact you are not homeless (or anything like that) [??] have to do with ANYTHING???

Bye-bye rude, racist old person.

•   Sep 05, 2019

Are you saying you spend 62 or so years just waiting outside locked bathrooms until someone came around and asked you if you wanted to use it???

And how did your white non homeless a88 survive???