Dollar Tree β€” 4:50 pm cashier

In the Needmore Store in Dayton Oh on Sept 12, 2019 around 4:45p came in just to grab an tongs and I was going to be on my way, but I seen some turquoise nice wine glass as I was leaving, so decided I would go ahead an get a cart, but as I was walking to get the cart I seen small basket, so I got it instead. Next thing I know there's a Lady yelling out me and walking fast toward me talking crazy at me and trying to snatch the basket out of my hand. "I politely asked her can I get the wine glasses out of the basket first? "so as I am going get an cart, so I can switch the wine glasses out of basket into a cart. Believe or not the cashier is still being Loud an Obnoxious as I am walking to put the basket back. The cashier comes from behind the register again walking up on me. At this point I'm like don't snatch nothing out of my hand because nothing is that serious that you have to snatch this basket out of my hands. The cashier states "YES it is that serious you had no business taking it in the first place" and she is still trying to snatch this basket from out of my hands I walked around the other side and set the basket down.
At this point the cashier is still carry on and being so abruptly so now we both getting loud and the cashier talking about call the police.

There was nothing on that basket that stated STAFF USE ONLY and I understood that she wanted the basket back, and was doing so ... but all the other nonsense from that cashier was unacceptable and I would like to file complaint

Goodson [protected]

• Updated by Dot Goodson, Sep 13, 2019

Do
Sep 13, 2019

Comments

•   Sep 13, 2019

I’m not sure why she wanted the basket but did you ask?

•   Sep 13, 2019

@NicholasπŸ“™πŸ’‘πŸŽΆπŸ’₯β›΄πŸšœπŸ‘… Yes, that’s why I said that she she have asked why they wanted it back.

•   Sep 14, 2019

@NicholasπŸ“™πŸ’‘πŸŽΆπŸ’₯β›΄πŸšœπŸ‘… sure but every once in a while they have to take a basket or two to return items to their proper places and such... I wonder if this basket was placed at the end of a checkout lane... you have to admit the way this post is written can make anyone need a Dramamine.

• Km
      Sep 14, 2019

This cashier sounds mentally disturbed.

•   Sep 14, 2019

okay, im not even going to comment on the simple usage of periods, commas and the importance of paragraphs...

I wonder WHERE you got the basket to begin with? the stack of all the other baskets near the door or was it at the end of a checkout lane? they usually keep one basket or so at the check out lane so that people have a place to put their rejects. if you took it from there, sure, she was unstable but she DID have a point, although a psychotic one.

next time go back to where NORMAL BASKETS AND CARTS ARE!

•   Sep 14, 2019

the title is like some weird western movie!

•   Sep 14, 2019

“came in just to grab an tongs and I was goin”. I wonder what ‘an tongs’ is besides a ... a ... a I don’t even know!

• La
      Sep 18, 2019

First of all, the cashier, regardless of why she wanted the basket, should have approached you in a professional manner. That is unacceptable behavior in CS. (Customer Service).
    Secondly, if it was her basket for unwanted merchandise, she could have just as easily got another basket.
    The baskets are for "CUSTOMER" use!
    I would hope you spoke to the store manager about this situation. And hopefully they handled the situation properly. If not call the corporate number and speak to HR. Hope this helps.