Dollar General / transaction inquiry

Lm Jun 01, 2019 Review updated:

I went to DG to make a purchase, it was $43.34 with tax. I gave the cashier 3 $20.00 bills, she gave me back $1.66. I immediately told her the change was incorrect and she said I gave her 2 $20.00's and a $5.00.

She aggressively told me I was incorrect. I left the store, and called back to speak to the manager who told me she would not give me the number to corp, that I could look it up. Her name was Bethany. Bethany repeatedly called me sweetheart, rather than my name of which I gave to her along with my phone number.

I told her (Bethany) she had a cashier who was took $16.66 dollars that was stealing and refused to recount her money at the time.

This was [protected]:[protected]

I have been going to this DG since it has been open in Star City and I have never seen this type of behavior. It is the principal of the matter. Im glad I didn't use my debit card like usual, since I am concerned this type of employee and her manager may be the type to steal people's debit care info.

Sincerely,
Michelle Newton
[protected]

Comments

• Th
      Jun 01, 2019

This “type” of employee? Wtf does that mean?

And it’s “principle”. Good god

•   Jun 01, 2019

She took $15, not $16.66, if she took it. If you can’t count, maybe you gave her $45 and not $60.

Storming out was childish. Stay and have the manager count the register total right then. Otherwise, the supposed thief pockets the fifteen dollars and your proof went poof.

Your inability to count makes me think that you didn’t give her all twenties but thought you did.

Debit CARD not debit CARE.

Your PRINCIPAL is your PAL. I learned that in second grade.

Jun 13, 2019

@SubSquirrel Maybe you should have learned some math skills in second grade. $60.00 (in this case, 3 $20.00 bills, not that it matters), minus $43.34 equals $16.66, not $15.00. Before you start criticizing someone else's mistakes, you better make sure that you are, in fact, as perfect as you expect them to be. If I thought it were worth my time, I could tear your grammer to pieces.
    SHAME ON YOU!!!

•   Jun 13, 2019

@campfiresurvivor So you admit you made a mistake. Great. That's the first step for adulthood. All we are saying is that if there was a large discrepancy with your change, and you left the store without it being resolved or proof of the bills you handed her. So how can we really be on your side during this? You are being a bigger brat than when this happened to you.

•   Jun 13, 2019

@campfiresurvivor My “grammer”? What dat?

She received $1.66 in change so was shorted $15.00, not $16.66 Perhaps reading isn’t your strong suit. My math was correct and you’re wrong. Plus tear my GRAMMER apart. My grammar is fine and I can spell it, too

Sucks to be you when you call someone out wrongly but you @re wrong and look like a fool.

Neener neener neener.

•   Jun 15, 2019

@campfiresurvivor Ummm, you insist you were owed 16.66 but received 1.66. that would be FIFTEEN extra dollars you are supposedly owed. So keep this hoity-toity crap up with us. We'll bring the popcorn.

•   Jun 15, 2019

@campfiresurvivor Counting by 20s is not second grade, you ridiculous pucchiacca!

•   Jun 16, 2019

@Um is not an answer! She calls us out but her facts are wrong. No apology from her as she runs and hides. We don’t arbitrarily put words down without checking ourselves. I reread the post to be sure that my math was correct while hers was wrong.

My popcorn is in the popper right now and there’s enough for all. Well, all who deserve it. The OP gets the burnt bits and unpopped kernels.

•   Jun 16, 2019

@Um is not an answer! OMG! Just looked up pucciacca and now it’s my favorite word!!

Ciao, Bella 😘

•   Jun 17, 2019

@SubSquirrel Sopranos, D Girl episode.

•   Jun 17, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I haven’t seen that in years. Amnesia prevents me from remembering it but maybe it’s on Netflix. If so I’ll watch the series again.

•   Jun 18, 2019

@SubSquirrel No but Hulu with hbo add on

•   Jun 18, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Figures.

•   Jun 19, 2019

@SubSquirrel I think you can order the disc it's on, along with all the others. It's just not on streaming.

•   Jun 03, 2019

Why in God's name did you leave? Your fault right there. Why are you talking about debit cards when you paid in cash???

I've been on both sides of this equation so you could have given a five instead of that third 20 but how agressive you say she was is troubling.

Meanwhile Bethany is calling you sweetheart to calm you the eff DOWN!

Jun 13, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Calling an adult with whom you have no personal relationship is condescending and unprofessional. An insult, to say the least.

•   Jun 13, 2019

@campfiresurvivor You sound too hoity-toity to treat like an adult. Respect is a two way street.

•   Jun 03, 2019

How can she steal your debit card info if you need a freaking pin number?????

Jun 13, 2019

@Um is not an answer! A personal identification number is not required to steal debit card information. Any information a thief needs is printed on the card. It may be more difficult to use the card without the correct pin, but not having it does not prevent a skilled scam artist from emptying your bank account.

•   Jun 13, 2019

@campfiresurvivor Well then if you don't know where your card is at all times, that's your funeral.