Dollar Generalstore manager

a few weeks ago i file a complaint with you regarding the store manager costing me $35 in bank fees because she was not paying attention to what she was doing and charged my debt card $44 dollars instead of $17. due to this i was forced not only to pay the extra money but a $35 bank fee i couldnt afford to pay. i havnt even got the respect to hear back from you regarding this matter that this manager or the store owes me this money back. i am on ssi and cant afford this.

Pa
Oct 11, 2019

Comments

• Km
      Oct 11, 2019

Just stay at it. Retailers usually pay the overdraft fee when it's their fault, and those who don't are usually incompetent and thinks they are not liable. Cashiers usually are required when multiple tenders are used in a transactions to run all other tenders before debit.

• Pa
      Oct 15, 2019

@Kmart 9459 at dollar general i go to, debt is run always before cash, and the store manager should of known to do her job better, when she made the mistake she had to nerve to ask me is that ok, i broke into tears and said no its not ok, my bank is going to charge me 35 dollars for your mistake, my husband is on disability we cant afford this she said sorry nothing i can do, i was so so so upset andhad to go tell my husband that come pay day he is going to be short 50 bucks, he is our only income for a family of 4, and 1200 a month isnt alot of money for us

• Km
      Oct 15, 2019

@pamela delair They are doing it wrong. Their is only one time it's best to run debit before cash, and that's when the customer doesn't know if they have enough in the bank to cover the whole transaction, but their bank account is setup to only allow the amount that's actually in the bank to be debited and leave the balance to be paid by other tenders. However, the cashier will never know if that's how your bank account is set up or not, so debits are run 1st except at the direction of the customer since the knows how they setup the account. You might consider changing the preferences on your bank account to not allow overdrafts to happen which will avoid any overdraft fees. Most accounts default to allow overdrafts for emergencies, but be aware if you turn off overdraft ability and your account is almost empty, but you have to spend more money then you will not be able to overdraft your account. Say your air conditioning goes out and it's 120 degrees outside and the ac repairman says he needs $300 to get it going again and you only have $280 and won't be any more till 2 weeks later, so not allowing that $20 overdraft may mean you are stick in extreme heat for 2 weeks. I think most people would rather pay a $35 overdraft fee then suffer through extreme heat and even healthy people die from extreme heat, if you're old and I suspect you are it's an even bigger risk.