Dollar General / receipt

I purchased 18 bottles of zero lemon lime Gatorade from the above store. I buy all Gatorade from your stores as your company offers the Gatorade sports codes. I travel 20 to 25 miles each way to 3 of your stores not only for the above reason but your stores most always have the product. When I received my receipt I couldn't read anything printed on it. I ask the cashier if there was a way to make me another copy as I couldn't read that one. She ask I would assume the manager and I was told in not so much of a nice way there was nothing that could be done about it. I ask you can't print a copy and was told again there was nothing that could be done. There should be a way to reprint receipts if one doesn't print. I lost all the points plus I am not sure I will shop at that location again.

Dollar General

Ka
Aug 17, 2019

Comments

• Km
      Aug 17, 2019

They can reprint the digital journal information portion of the receipt, but this will not print special codes. The digital journal only saves what register was used, the operator on that register, when the register was used, what was purchased, the total, the tax, the tender form the card or check number used in tender, and the change. Basically only stuff the store may need in the future is saved by the digital journal. Only thing that maybe able to be done is a complete refund and repurchase to see if the next receipt leaves a visible code. These receipts use thermal paper and the problem appears the thermal image isn't getting hot enough to show the writing very well. One thing you maybe able to do is exacerbate the image by putting the receipt in like one the those hot pocket type sleeves and put it in the heat like a hot car for a couple of hours then take the receipt out and turn the ac on to blow on the paper and the writing should turn white while the rest turns black like a perfect negative image.

•   Aug 17, 2019

@Kmart 9459 I was thinking about returning the items, too, and having them change the ink before ringing up the order.

• Th
      Aug 17, 2019

@Kmart 9459 What the actual [censored]?

•   Aug 17, 2019

@TheManager Maybe he used to work at the store!