Dollar General / job

United States Review updated:

Got fired for a family emergency. Called in and manager on duty said it's ok she will just call someone else in to fill in... I told her I could come in i was just going to be late but she said it's ok I will just call someone in ... So I didn't worry about it then next day I am fired... The manager cusses about customers.. Writes notes like customers are stupid... One day she got so mad at a customer I thought she was going to have a heart attack.. The manager is always taking smoke breaks and eating while at the register... That's what she gets paid for insulting customers and eating and smoking on the clock... I was never late and a very hard worker... I have 6 kids to support. Plus I am homeless. I was looking for a place but without a job, I will be homeless longer... i hope the manager has a family emergency and someone fires her... Dollar General just fired a homeless mother of 6 trying to get her life straight... Let's see what social media thinks...

Re
May 12, 2019

Comments

•   May 12, 2019

We only have your side but it sounds unfair. What reason was given to you?

• Km
      May 13, 2019

Were you a probationary hire? If you are a probationary hire you should under no circumstances regardless of emergency call out. If your homeless it's most likely you were a probationary hire.

• Km
      May 13, 2019

I was woke up twice by my mother back in 2013 after my father died in his sleep. The 1st time I called 911 and performed CPR for 15 minutes till ambulance arrived. I was due to be at work 1 hour later. I left my father in the hands of the paramedic and went to work and was on time. He survived but was in a coma for a week and returned home shortly after. The 2nd time and month later pretty much the same situation. Still went to work and was on time. This time I received a call an hour later saying their was no reviving him. I still finished my shift. Moral of the story is there are social services out there that makes it pretty much impossible for anyone to need to miss work due to emergencies.