Dollar General / customer service

United States Review updated:

I walked into the store on Broadway in Depew, NY at 8:56. I held the door for a woman who I expected to hear thank you from but instead she says you better hurry they're trying to close. So I walk in & I felt accosted immediately. This was the greeting "you have 3 minutes, no actually 2, no you have 1" I stayed for 60 seconds and left. It was 8:58.

Cm
Jun 18, 2019

Comments

• Th
      Jun 19, 2019

They’re simply stating it’s time for them to close and count the money and go home. Get over yourself.

Jun 29, 2019

You all must not know the meaning of good business. Don’t list your hours as 8:00am to 9:00pm if you don’t want business flowing up until 9:00pm. If you’re running a business you don’t rush paying customers out of the door. That will damage your customers experience.

There are correct and incorrect ways to address customers and the way the op described their experience is definitely the wrong way.

Jun 29, 2019

@allis bin dee There is a correct way to address customers and an incorrect way. This way was not correct.

Jun 30, 2019

@allis bin dee Your assumption of me being a young child isn’t helping your argument but if it makes you feel better go ahead. What sounds better: “you have 3 minutes” or “excuse me, we close at 9:00pm”? This has nothing to do with what I don’t want to hear. My point, as I stated, was how the customer is addressed and the actions afterward. You keep adding things to the situation. Stay focused.