Dollar Generaladvert. sale

Vi Jul 28, 2019 Review updated:

yes my name is douglas viers i went in to my local store this evening earlieri went in purchused a item that was listed for weekend sale then went in to buy another of the items plus more of the listed on sale items that were still clearly marked on sale "50%" off items went to cash out an cashier told me "these items were no longer on sale " i asked yhey are still listed but refused to honor the marked item but i charged me full price on 11 of the marked on sale with a 50% off sign .i have gone to this store since it open an i have never been treated this way if a rep. could please contact me that would be great .contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com or my phone [protected]

Dollar General

Comments

• Km
      Jul 29, 2019

I'm pretty sure these items should still be 50% off. Those items are spring/summer decor items which likely started going on clearance after independence day and should be finished around labor day to make room for fall/winter decor items. I don't know why they wouldn't have honored the signs, but they should have. I wouldn't have purchased any of it if it weren't ringing up 50% off.

• Th
      Jul 29, 2019

The sale ended Saturday. While the signs should’ve been taken down, the dates are on it.

Aug 08, 2019

@TheManager Customers rarely bother to read the signs other than the price. And overiding prices causes an investigation on the manager if they do override, in case of theft. On top of that, customers have been known to move signs or even steal them and and then putting them back so they can get the discount again later.