Discover EnterpriseSCAMMERS! STEAL YOUR MONEY

"DISCOVER ENTERPRISE" STEALS YOUR MONEY BY CALLING YOU AND OFFERING YOU FREE GAS CARDS AND OTHER OFFERS. THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR CARD INFO BUT NEED TO VERIFY EVERYTHING ELSE. THEN YOU START GETTING MONEY TAKEN FROM YOUR ACCOUNT! THEN YOU HAVE TO CANCEL SOME FAKE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION YOU DONT GET THEN THEY SEND YOU A DEBT COLLECTION LETTER SAYING YOU OWE MONEY

ITS A FAKE LETTER SAYING DEBT COLLECTION WITH "ACA INTERNATIONAL DEBT COLLECTION INTERNATIONAL'S" LETTER HEAD AT THE TOP. THIS LETTER HEAD IS FAKE! JUST LOOK AT IT, ITS A XEROX COPY. WE CALLED THIS COLLECTION AGANCY AND THEY HAD NO IDEA WHO "DISCOVER ENTERPRISE" WAS. THEY SAID THEY DIDNT EVEN COLLECT DEBTS FROM PEOPLE. WE HAD TO LOOK UP THE COLLECTION AGANCY ONLINE THOUGH TO GET THEIR NUMBER BECAUSE THE NUMBER THEY PUT ON THE LETTER WENT STRAIGHT TO "DISCOVER ENTERPRISE".
THESE PEOPLE ARE DUMB, WE DIDNT NOTICE THE MONEY THEY HAVE BEEN TAKING FROM OUR ACCOUNT UNITIL WE GOT A NEW CARD AND THEY SENT US A LETTER FOR DEBT FOR SOME MAGAZINE WE NEVER GOT. DO NOT GIVE IN TO THIS SCAM! RESEARCH EVERYTHING ON THIER SO CALLED DEBT COLLECTION LETTER AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES WITH YOUR BANK.
THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE TRY TO TALK PROFESSIONAL TO BUT DONT BE FOOLED, WE CALLED THEM ON THIER FAKE LETTER HEAD AND THEY CAME UP WITH SOME BULL! THEY BASICALLY SAID WE WERE GETTING CHARGED FOR SOME MAGAZINE WE NEVER GOT..WHICH IS OBVIOUS THEY ARE SCAMMERS! REAL MAGAZINES WILL NOT CHARGE YOU FOR SOMETHING YOU NEVER GOT.
ANOTHER THING THAT DREW A RED FLAG WAS THAT THE CHARGES WERE FROM CALIFORNIA BUT THE COMPANYS RETURN ADDRESS IS IN RENO, NEVEDA? THE ADDRESS DOES EVEN EXSICT.
TALKING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE MAKE ME ANGRY. I HOPE THEY GET WHATS COMING TO THEM!

• Gc
    gclayjr Mar 05, 2009

i received a call from this company they said money had been taken from my account for some magazine purchases. The guy assured me of his concern and acknowledged that i did not want any part of the program. he told me that he would put the money back into my account, but that i needed to go through this recorded phone conversation which reviewed all i had been charged for and supposed to have been enrolled in. I therefore asked him how can i get this mishap cleared up, so unsuspectingly i went along verifying some info over the phone and after the recorded conversation was over i specifically asked him would i be refunded and completely removed from that service... he responded yes. i immediately close my bank account that the fraudulent charges were deducted from. a few months later i get a call from a lady from discover enterprise saying i am behind in payments for magazines and products i never recieved, and i ws enrolled in the road to riches program. i was shocked and appauled not knowing what they were talking about. I thought that was all cleared up months ago, so i am dazed and confused. The jerk who called me and seemed to be trying to help me actually enrolled me into the program.

So now am trying to tell the lady that i never wanted any part of it and for proof i asked her to play the phone conversation i had with the man. Confident i would here how i clearly refused the program and magazines. To my surprise as she played it i only heard the myself verifying my info, and not what the guy had told me prior to the recorded portion of the conversation or after.

Dit Mar 12, 2009

These people are masters at this type of scam

• Gc
    gclayjr Mar 19, 2009

how did your situation get cleared

dIANNE T. bERNARD Mar 20, 2009

DISCOVER ENTERPRISE IS A SCAM - WHO DO I REPORT IT TO/? THEY OWE ME A BUNCH OF MONEY -I DON'T CARE IF IT COSTS ME A LAWYER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW TO WHOM i CAN FORWARD A COMPLAINT. tHANK YOU.

• To
    tony Mar 28, 2009

I also received a letter from discover enterprise and they said we owe them money to. But when we try to contact them about this matter
    they but me on hold. please let me know to whom i can forward a complaint too. thank you.

• El
    Eleanor Apr 04, 2009

Discover Enterprise will not allow me to cancel an account they claim I had a right to cancel during some trial. They claim I received literature about it that I never received. Now to cancel I have to pay them over $400.00 or I can keep the subscription for like a Thousand dollars for which they will deduct monthly payments for magazines I don't want and will never read!! They will come in the mail and go right into the garbage!!! PLEASE----what can be done about this!! HELP!!

• El
    Eleanor Apr 04, 2009

You get tricked into purchasing a membership, then they tell you that you had ample time to cancel during the trial period. They claim they sent info regarding this for which I did not receive! The highest ranking person you can speak to is a supervisor claiming there is no one higher! Bunch of crap that is! To cancel subscription I have to pay over $400.00 for magazines I will never receive or I can keep the subscription and pay over $1000.00 for magazines I don't want, will never read and go into the trash as soon as they arrive!! Threaten them with your attorney and they give you a phony phone number for him to call. Phone number is for some video company.

• Be
    being ripped off just like u Apr 05, 2009

I did some research on the address where Discovery Enterprise comes from or should i say where they send and receive their mail:
    The UPS Store # 0920
    2063 MAIN ST
    OAKLEY, CA [protected] - USA
    Pack & Ship Promise Location*
    Phone: [protected]
    Does that address looks familiar?

Catriona Apr 14, 2009

The exact thing happened to me and I was about to pay over $400 to cancel a 4 yr contract. However after reading this I am thinking I may call back and tell them I am not paying.
    Has anyone done this?
    As the above letter the only recording of my voice was agreeing to all the stuff. I remenber having another conversation where I dedclined all the offers - but they say that they only have one recording lasting 4min with a guys speaking so fast and me saying yes now and again.
    How did they get my credit card # as I never gave it to them All I did was verify the last 4 digits.

catriona Apr 15, 2009

Just like all the people on this page I am angry about being scammed by these people. I contacted ACA and they have nothing to do with discover enterprise and have in fact sent them letters asking them not to use there logo.
    The people at ACA are aware of what discover enterprise are doing but are not affiliated to them in any way.
    Here is some advice I have received and this is what I intend to do. Contact the Attorney General of your State the State of California and the State of Nevada. If we all do this perhaps we can stop this from happening To someone else.
    Also file a complaint with ACA the form is on the webpage.

I phoned discovery again and all they would tell me is they have a recording of me agreeing - do not be intimidated by them - if we all work together we can sort this out . Or a least put up a good fight.

• Ju
    Juliekristina Apr 15, 2009

Can you please help me? My e-mail address is [protected]@hotmail.com
    This is happening to me... i do not know what to do. Everytime i call he gives me differnt stories. They say the only thing they can do for me is a settlement for 2 yrs. Im not settling for this! I did not even have a chance to deny or anything!! They have a recording of me... with a women talking...and my vioce agreeing to everything she says! I know for a fact i did not! and its driving me crazy! everytime im on hold forever! and when they pick up and know its me... they hang up! and they verify my last 4 credit card numbers... they already had them! I didnt even tell the numbers... I have a so called debt collection letter.. i can tell by looking at it that it is No way real! Can anyone give me advice? Where to call.. how to stop these people? Find them... I need to do something about this!

• Ky
    Kygal Apr 24, 2009

I also have been scammed and lied to by these people. I never received magazines either. I have gone over and over this with them and they want to settle by me paying over 400.00 which i believe they are nuts. I am not going to accept this. I am very disgusted and upset this has been done. I will join anyone that is willing to take this farther. I believe that these people should not be allowed to continue in business and do this to others. Please reply to me and we can get something going if we stand together. I will do as the one young lady wronte and said to take to the Attorney General's office. I will start there and I will also send letters to the State of California and the State of Nevada . These people are some of the lowest form and yes they present themselves as professional and they wont let you speak, they interrupt and tell you that is their time to speak. They tell you they will not take these charges off becasue they have a voice recording which is totally bogus too. IF they have our voice recording is because they tricked us into saying yes for something.
    Also the gentelmen that contacted me I asked him numerous times if i was going to be charged anything and his response was no that alll i had to do was review the material that was sent to me. I asked him if I needed to call and cancel anything eve and his response was no just had to contact the companies if i wanted to enroll.. How do you say DECEPTION ??? plain and simple no other way to describe it. i realized my account was charged and I tried to get this stuff stopped.. I also didnt realize that this guy had my acct number. I think that he tricked me there too because I knew that i never gave him my account over the phone..Please anyone willing to stand up to these criminals please let me know.. We can start a petition or something.

discgirl11 Apr 29, 2009

Can anyone help me here? The same thing happened to me and I'm really pressed for money! I'm a college student and could no way afford this! They said the same thing to me: "gentlemen that contacted me I asked him numerous times if i was going to be charged anything and his response was no that all i had to do was review the material that was sent to me. I asked him if I needed to call and cancel anything eve and his response was no just had to contact the companies if i wanted to enroll." This is ridiculous! I have been saving money for school, and they can't take that from me! And now, I may have to cancel my debit card, and my bank account, because of some loser scam!

• Ky
    Kygal Apr 29, 2009

Discgirl11,
    Call your bank and ask them what you should do?
    Report it stolen to the police. cancel your debit card so they no longer have your account or you will continue to be charged, Also do like the other user has said to do and writer the Attorney General, State of California and Nevada.
    We must stand against these criminals..
    Good luck...

• Ka
    Karen May 07, 2009

What a scam! They are still at it. They call, make an offer, saying you
    can cancel membership. Before I new it they were signing me up four four different memberships and withdrawing money from my checking acct. I noticed the withdrawals and called I was able to cancel three of the four. The forth one was for alot of magazines and since I didn't call them before my 10day trial was up I had to honor the membership of 39.96/mos for 24 mos. or pay $413. to get out of the deal. The ten day trial starts as of the phone call. Never mentioned. I've had to canc my ATM card and open a new bank acct. I
    don't know if they'll be able to get into those or just keep billing me and
    ruin my credit score. Please publish this on TV so others will no to hang up! I can't beleive this happenned to me.

• Ga
    Gatorfan215 May 14, 2009

Hey guys, this scam has happened to me also, and I am in the same boat as discgirl11, im going to college and pressed with money, and these losers called me. They said they would send me a trial booklet with their products, and said that all i needed to do was verify my address which they somehow had, and my name. I did not worry about it as i did not give them my credit card. A month later, my credit card expired, and i decided to not renew it, as I have my bank card and thats all i need. I never noticed the 40 dollar charge from Discover ENterprises. Then I received a debt collection letter, and called them. They said that i had to pay 300 to cancel and that I agreed, I was obviously lied to as when he explained the program, you would have to be a ### to agree. I have recently received a few magazines, that i did not order, and called the magazine companies and canceled the issues, they said they were complementary, and would stop. They did and I feel like enough people are going through this pain that it could'nt be legal, and that even though I have enough money to get out, barely, but I do, I am going to fight it as it is morally wrong. But just wondering he people, has Discover Enterprises done anything to anyone besides calls and debt letters, just wondering. Thanks for your help.

antonio Jun 10, 2009

Lets take this company out of business ASAP. File a complaint with:

The Federal Trades Commission (FTC)
    Consumer Affairs
    Attorney General's office for the state from which the letter came from
    Better Business Bereau

I just did this today after getting scammed earlier this week by these money hungry, evil and cheating people!! No way are they taking my money.. I will take this to court if I have to. I will take my hard earned $400 to my grave rather than giving it to them.

mari914 Sep 16, 2009

I am receiving a "second notice" from them wanting$ 79.92. It says I am past do and to submit and mail to the above company @561 Keystone Av. PMB 299 Reno, NV 89503. The only telephone # they give is866 525-6608. When calling it they answer Customer Service please hold. I hung up after 3 min. on hold. I had gotten the call about 3 months ago from the co. wanting the free wal-mart card. I got worried after talking to them and I canceled the credit card. From the sounds of the others I'm glad I did. They have kept calling atleast several times a week. I have quite answering my phone from any CA. area code or any unknown name or #. Now I started getting the notices and I seem to be getting different magazines. I guess I will call the attorney general in CO, NV and CA. What else can I do? Mari

• Da
    David Cannon Sep 21, 2009

I received a letter from Discover Enterprise indicating I subscribed to some magizines and they were going to debit a credit card for $49.96 for 30 months ($1500). I recently received a call from my credit card company (susposedly) indicating they were giving me a gas card at Walmart in return for being a "good customer". I argued with them for over 20 minutes telling them no; I want no part of it. They wore me down and I said yes to get them off line. However, they claimed to be recording the conversation. I indicated I wanted nothing I had to opt out of. They claimed that was the case. I plan to call my five credit card companies tomorrow and get this firm blocked or to report my cards as stolen. As of tonight they haven't hit any of my cards, but the letter is probably an indication they plan to or the first charge just hasn't clear yet. Just say not to any telephone sales - I wish I had stuck to plan to say no.

• Au
    AUGGIE Oct 01, 2009

I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION TO THE EXACT AMOUNT. DO YOU KNOW IF DISCOVER ENTERPRISE CAN HURT OUR CREDIT?? HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK FIGHTING THIS??

charrece h Nov 01, 2009

Discover Enterprise is a ###ing scam they got me too!!!

• Tr
    tracy roberts Nov 02, 2009

i received a letter form discount enterprises also. i was told i would get a 250 dollar gift card from walmart but did not receive this card. i tryed to call the company back that i had talked to but they told me to contact discount enterprises. the company would not give their name but when i talked to them the first time i asked for the persons name . it is dave richards @ [protected] & [protected]. when i called back they would not let me speek to him. i have cancelled discount enterprises membership. but have not checked my credit card yet. i will get back with u with that information.

carl alberto Nov 18, 2009

hi there, they are a scammer's, but they were unable to scam me ! !! ya that's right bcoz i played game on their game!!!
    iwill tell u the whole story
    i got a call saying that i m getting $200 walmart vouchers for free than i heard the whole conversation than they told me all fake !!
    than i clearly told them that i know u r scammers, but if u wanna a make money from me than go ahead i ill give my card numbers, but u have to tell me correct things about this call and how do u get money !! so he was very fool he told me that u give me card numbers first and then i ill tell u and then i did the same thing and then explaied me as honest person
    and then after hearing the whole story i actually came to know that this is not a scam actually!! they just present us they wrong thing which cannot be called as a scam!! i ill telll u wat is the real story

actually if u play smart game than u can enjoy their benefit by just loosing a shipping and handling at the end
    so know read carefully if wanna a enjoy too
    first thing is that they give u some sevises for a trial period of ten days
    and they ask u to pay 1time shipping fee thats correct
    and than they ask u to pay monthly charges if u wish to continue
    and than they ask ur card info
    know the gift card is actually a rebate card
    first if wanna enjoy than u should have atleast $200 in your card
    than they will charge the monthly fee along wid shipping fee and if they get success in doing that, than u will get the package within 5-7days or else u will never get the package unless untill they charge u the full monthly charge of 1 month
    and if u receive it than just call on the customer servise no. and cancel the servises and u will surely get ur money refunded except shipping fee and than u go for shopping and collect a bill of $200 and send back to them and u ill have $200 in ur account within no time !!!
    that is very difficult but profitable bcoz i did it and i hade a profit of 190$ in 2months
    but that was just a 1time profit bcoz when i tried to call back they told me that u should have a new no. and new card so i m trieng to get new card!!!
    by and i hope u use ur mind bcoz nobody can scam u unless and if u give the authorisation to do so

• Pi
    pinkladi Dec 01, 2009

my name is jasmine im going trough the same situatin with these people, please if anyone can help email me at [protected]@yahoo.com thank you

• Th
    th6388 Dec 19, 2009

Could anyone PLEASE help me deal with this disgusting company. I was tricked into giving them my credit card information and now Im really worried that Im not going to be able to get out of this.

1. I've read on other people's complaints that the trial period does not exist and I wont be able to cancel. Is this true? Has anyone had any success to canceling their service?

2. I understand that the conversations we have with the sales reps are recorded but I specifically stated that I did not want these services. I said word for word "i heard your message but I dont want the trial." This is on recording but Im afraid they edited the tape to their own benefit.

I have received a verification call asking me to verify my information for the mailing process and they tried to get me to agree to the services I disagreed to again!! These people don't give up!! I have my confirmation and tracking number though and I also have all the cancellation numbers. The aS#@*^* hung up on me rite after I asked him to repeat what I would be paying for. I also tried to record the conversation on my phone but he hung up at that moment and no one picked up when I called back.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME DEAL WITH THIS DISGUSTING COMPANY?
    Has anyone have any luck fighting this? If you did, please help me! Message me back as soon as possible! Your help will be greatly GREATLY appreciated. Thank You.

• 91
    913amanda Dec 19, 2009

call your bank and cancel your debit card or credit card or whatever you gave them. Also, If you get ahold of your credit card company or bank ( if it was a debit card like mine) you can dispute the charges. It's a pain in the ### to get any automatic withdrawls rerouted to another card but after reading all of the horror stories and huge amounts of money being taken I will definately go through the inconvenience.

• Ra
    rachel26 Feb 01, 2010

i am piseed off they did methe same way $200 walmart voucher and no voucher or books buti will be taking action at this on the news and whatever i have to they debit $25 out of my account and i am mad

angel1988 Feb 06, 2010

... THIS IS A SCAM!! I CAN TELL BY JUST THE BACK ROUND NOISE AND EVERYTIME I CALLED WHICH WAS 3 IT WAS ALWAYS A PERSON WHO COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGISH, WITH A HEAVY ACCENT. THE FIRST TWO PEOPLE WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE SAID THEY GOT MY # BY VISITING A WEB SITE (DIDN'T NAME WHICH SITE THOUGH) WHEN I ASKED WHICH SITE I WAS ON WITH A STERN VOICE SUSPECTED IT WAS A SCAM, THEY HUNG UP ON ME!!! (WHAT A SURPRISE!!!) WHEN I CALLED BACK A THIRD TIME, I SPOKE WITH YET ANOTHER PERSON WHOM BARELY SPOKE ENGLISH WITH A HEAVY ACCENT, "WHY DID THE OTHER TWO PEOPLE BEFORE HER HANG UP ON ME WHEN ASKED THE QUESTION " WHAT WEB SITE WAS I SUPPOSEDELY ON FOR THEM TO TEXT MY PHONE #", OF COURSE SHE HAD NO ANSWER AND TRIED TO IGNORE THE QUESTION AND MOVE RIGHT INTO GETTING INFO FROM ME. I DID INFACT EXCLAIM TO HER THAT THIS WAS IN FACT A "SCAM"!!! OF COURSE SHE DENIED AND I HUNG UP THE PHONE ON HER. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN NOTHING IS FOR FREE IF IT IS THEN YOU MUST QUESTION WHY?????????
    I AM 40YRS. OLD AND HAVE DEALT WITH COUNTLESS ORGANIZATIONS OVER THE PHONE. ONE WAY TO TELL IF IT'S A SCAM OF SOME SORT IS... IS THERE QUIET IN THE BACKROUND? OR DO YOU HEAR SEVERAL PEOPLE TALKING IN THE BACKROUND? (ESPECIALLY WHERE YOU CAN BARELY HEAR WHO YOUR TALKING WITH!!!) LEGITE BUSSINESSES OR COMPANIES WILL PAY TO HAVE ENGLISH SPEAKING PROFESSIONALS REPRESENTING THIER COMPANY, BUSINESS, OR PRODUCT!!! HOPE I HELPED AT LEAST ONE OUT THERE!!!

• Sh
    shalom nicole Feb 28, 2010

I agree with the majority. I just noticed a $49.96 charge on my checking account and i was trying to see who these people were. I remember giving information for a wal-mart gift card. I'm on the internet so much, I actually thought I had won something. I never even thought of a scam. People are having a hard enough time in this economy without scam artist stealing peoples hard earned money. I work for the state of Alabama, I am going to ask around and see just what we can do about this company. It's time to put an end to this. If there is some type of law being broken, I will find out about it, and if I have to, I will go to the full extent of the law. This is not just for me it's for people in the past, and the people who will be fooled by these people in the future.

• De
    Debbiecoughlin Jun 24, 2010

I have just checked the Better Business Bureau and this company does not exist.It's not in their data base so do not send any money to these people..Deb

• Go
    GOT ME SO ANGRY Aug 16, 2010

Discover Enterprise, Oakley CA sent me a letter for magazines subscription membership in May 2017. They got my mailing address from other marketing companies. I called them immediately and cancelled. After that I didn't hear from them again and never received any magazines. After 3 months, in Aug 2017, I received a 'Past Due Notice' from Discover Enterprise, Reno, NV indicating an amount of $99.92 overdue. I was in shock and when I called them, I was told that if I wanted to cancel the magazines then, I had to pay $500.00. OMG! I had to lose $500.00 for nothing! They said they had no record of my calling to cancel and I lost the cancellation# as it was 3 months ago. They were not accomodating and insisted I had to pay $500.00 for the 3 months of magazines (plus penalty) which I didn't even receive!! Imagine that! It was a living nightmare and daylight robbery!!

I wonder why they are still in business! How could they have got away each time? Some justice must be done immediately!!!

• Ti
    Tinamae Oct 06, 2010

I can't belive this company I've been dealing with them for over six months. They did the same thing as i've heard they did to everyone else here. They called offering a bunch of BS, I gave in because of the fact I couldn't understand what they were saying and was promised I would get a packet explaining everything in detail, which never arrived. I noticed a charge on my account shortly after and called to cancel they said that I couldn't so I cancelled my card. Now i'm getting harrassing calls by very rude people explaining that I am 3 months behind and before I can settle I have to pay the 3 months yet they wont tell me the total amount is to settle besides recieving urgent notice they have gotten nothing but the first withdrawl. Their claiming I have till next month or I go into collects for full contract amount of $1300. I straight out told them that I dont know how they can hold a contract over me saying okay on the phone and that unless this hurts my credit score I am giving them nothing. Does anybody out there know if they can hurt my credit score??? This is the contact info I have for them [protected] I didnt think about it till now but they answer everytime and seem to know who I am before I tell them (Creepy) So don't be surprised if they don't answer for everyone.