Discount Travel Leisure; Discount Savings Club; Elite Pdmdebit from credit card

A

I received a package in the mail saying that I was a member of Discount Travel Leisure. I called to cancel but they had already charged $1 to my credit card. Of course, I let that go but then realized that they had probably done this to thousand and thousands of people and if you do not catch it right away you are also on the hook for the monthly debit of $19. I asked how they got me to be a member and they actually played a recording where they asked is this... and do you live at ... and is this your phone # and my son was answering the questions yes, yes, without realizing what he was doing. This is a SCAM...

• Ro
    Robert Burns Sep 03, 2008

The same thing happened to us and they spoke with my wife. My big issue is tracking down what company I purchased something from is giving out my credit card information. THIS HAS TO STOP!!! We all need to boycott these companies and when they no longer have any business, they will learn that we will not tolerate them selling/giving this private information to whomever they please.

• Ec
    ec Sep 09, 2008

The same thing happened to me, although I don't remember giving out information over the phone like that. I do remember though, the last thing I bought with my credit card different from what I normally spend on is the $9 Spirit Airlines membership club... Did you guys enrolled in this program by any chance? Maybe they are the ones that sold the information to this company, afterall they are in the same business.

I'm stopping payments to this company. I can't believe Spirit Airlines would do something like this!

• Wi
    william.vick Sep 15, 2008

I.WANT.TO.CANCEL.THIS.RIGHT.NOW.YOU.BETTER.NOT.TAKE.ANY.MONEY.FROM.ME.

• Se
    Seth Sep 17, 2008

Who the hell are these people? I didn't give them any information I have never even heard of them. I just found the charge on my account along with an international fee which tells me tthey are outside the country. We do need to stand up to this crap they only took a couple of dollars but any amount just irks me. Just a few days ago I had another unauthorized charge from a place called Seattle Coffee Direct again this was a company I have never heard of or done any business with. I too would like to know who is giving this information out.

• Mo
    Monica Flores Sep 19, 2008

This company has been charging us 2 years, when we discovered we called and they are offering to give a $100 gas card... Who are these people. I can't find them on web. Does anyone have information about this company besides Leisure Travel Savings?

• Vi
    Victoria Sep 20, 2008

i've gotten the same charges on my account (the international ones too). they didnt even talk to me though. my sister was the one that said yes everytime they asked a question. i dont blame her though for this. those leechers go after anyone.

i've never bought anything from spirit airlines. i agree that we should boycott any companies giving out our information but how do we find out who it is?

Jamie Sep 30, 2008

I was had too...only when they called me, they had my card #...they said "is this ____ and the last 4 digits of your card # are ___. " For some stupid reason that didn't red flag me. I told them I didn't want to join. They kept stressing that I would get $60 free gas. I said no. They told me that I would continue to get phone calls unless I joined now. I said fine whatever. They charged me $1 for two different discount clubs. Discount Travel Leisure and Direct Discount. The thing that gets me is the 800 numbers given are bogus. The service center is NEVER open. I was able to cancel the Direct Discount via the online website, but there is nowhere on the site to cancel the Disc Travel Leisure membership. So I cancelled my card. They will only get the $2, which I'll chalk up to my own stupidity, but these people need to be stopped.

Marco Becerra Oct 03, 2008

This is BULL!!! I can't figure out how to cancel this scam... something has to be done against this!!!

Angela Oct 11, 2008

This company is lying to you on their savings. Very unprofessional I dealt with the manager Sally and she was awful every question was I am so sorry you have to call and she would just give out numbers. Cancelled my membership and booked thru a local agency. There are NO travel discounts they say their is but 5% off is nothing I get more from my local agent plus some terrible customer service and the manager sounds like she is about 16

• Ry
    Ryan Oct 30, 2008

How did you people get a hold of them? What numbers did you call or what websites did you go to?

• Ba
    Barbara Greene Oct 31, 2008

At this time, I m trying to cancel.

I did get a phone call from these people, and agreed to try their package. Not that they have done anything wrong thus far, I just want to cancel their package.

Their telephone number is: [protected].

Their address is: Discount Savings Club
    P.O. Box 4345
    Seminole, Fl 33775

Their email address is: [protected]@discounttravelleisure.com

This is all the information I have at this time.

Mark Reynolds Nov 02, 2008

These creeps call fire stations across the country with the scam. Only difference -- multiply the number of firefighters in a station by the monthly charge, and they're raking in the big bucks. The company's seems to skate from city to city as far as a mailing address. The location listed on our paper was Great Falls, Montana -- actually a PO Box. There is no such firm listed in Great Falls, and the local police have received numerous complaints. It is, however, a federal matter and the chances of having an FBI agent listen to our greivances is slim to none.

If anyone does find solid information about this company, such as a physical address, please post it here. We've got about 1, 200, 000 colleagues who'd like to have a word with these jokers!

Capt. Mark Reynolds

• Jj
    jjustin Nov 05, 2008

I found another number to call here:

The number is: [protected]

• SHARON Mar 10, 2009

Hello everyone-
    Today I canceled my debit card AGAIN. Back in August '08, I was more or less bullied into accepting a so called Discount membership and recieve a free voucher for free gas. I paid my $1.00, with the condition, if I didn't want the membership after 30 days, I could call and cancel. September "08 I called and told them I didn't want it. I stressed to them, several times, " Now, I wouldn't be charged any more for the membership, would I?" I THOUGHT I had settled everything.
    Now, My husband answered the phone one day, with the same scam. I wasn't here to tell him not to be taken in by the free gas thing. Because that's how they start out the conversation. Then they are relentless, until they've "GOTTCHA". Well to make a long story short, I got to looking at my bank statement. I found almost $150.00 of unautherized charges. These were from-- ELITE-PDM.com, DISCOUNT TRAVEL CLUB, DISCOUNT TRAVEL LEISURES, KEYSAVE.NET and 4DINNERSAVE.
    My BANK STATEMENT had their phone numbers, so I called them. Come to find out; ELITE-PDM.COM, KEYSAVE.NET and 4DINNERSAVE were all the same company. 2 of these had the same phone number, the other had a complete different area code. I was able to argue with them to have $83.78 refunded. But we will see!!
    DISCOUNT TRAVEL CLUB and DISCOUNT TRAVEL LEISURES are the same company. One had a phone number the other just said GATESHEAD. When I called the number
    [protected], which was listed with DISCOUNT TRAVEL CLUB, they said they were DISCOUNT TRAVEL LEISURES, they didn't know who DISCOUNT TRAVEL CLUB was.
    They also said they had a " NO REFUND" policy. But with persistance, I got 3 payments of $29.33 { $89.66} refund. BUT they only want to pay it in 3 incraments of $29.33. AND THEY ARE the same company I dealt with back in SEPTEMBER '08, so they've been taking $29.33 every month since September '08. TOTAL---- $263.97 they still owe me $174.31. The manager kept trying to get me to say OK to the 3 payments. All I said was
    " It's OK for NOW and that I was going to find out how to get the rest of what they OWED ME."
    The number I had for the other 3 companies was-- [protected].---SHARON

• SHARON Mar 10, 2009

Hi It's Me Again------
    I've found discount programs, including Discount Travel Leisure and Leisure Time Savings, under CORPRATE OFFICES----------- each under it's own " NAME "--------------
    EXAMPLE: DISCOUNT TRAVEL LEISURE LEISURE TIME SAVINGS
    % Sinergismo Infinito Corp.
    PO BOX 566 <<<< SAME ADDRESS
    MAIN Street
    Charlestown, Nevis
    West Indies

>>>>>>>>>>>>> HAVE A GOOD DAY<<<<<<<<<<< SHARON

• Bo
    Bomb May 07, 2009

YeS! They Take money from my bank account and i wish go talk this " lady" that she answer the automatic voice" And be face a facae with this people.because i will bomb them right the way!!!
    I will get my money back soon or later!!! I will get this bandits!

• Bo
    Bomb May 07, 2009

They take money from my bank account .
    i will get them as soon or late!
    just wait!!!
    You do not imagine how i am look like everyday...
    i will get you !!! And i will get my money back ..Waiting for me!

• La
    LAZ8 Feb 06, 2010

I have been scammed too! They called me and I was very wary of it being a scam. But they assured me that there were going to be NO charges, and that I would not have to go online and cancel anything at any point because there would be no charges beyond the 2.00 shipping or whatever it was. They've charged me over 100 dollars! I cant reach them ever because their hours are limited east coast hours and I am on the west coast. When I call they don't have a voice mail or anything like that, but they say, if you register on our website, you can cancel online. Big shock - they lied. There was a link to go to the cancellation page after I registered for the website, but the link was bogus. It just took me back to the home page. This is ridiculous. If anyone has luck going after these people with your bank, let me know.

• Du
    dumbblonde21 Jul 26, 2010

the scam goes on,

the federal bureau of investigation (FBI) has an internet fraud complaint form to fill out.

i have filled it out, if everyone does, they might put them out of business.

i did cancel my credit card also. i will really be careful in the future.

i ordered the floating ball on the tv commercial, which is where my info was passed on. and yes i was pressured into it.

and they are getting rich so please fill out the fraud form.

• Lh
    LHarr Nov 18, 2010

Helo Everyone: You are all right! I got hooked into the same thing with their hard sell and told them I did not want anything instead of just hanging up. I did not answer the phone a couple if times they called but finall gave in. I kept the information brochures and return envelopes with all the numbers on them and called the Discount Travel Leisure number on the cover of the guide to savings book and got waited on pretty promptly. i cancelled in short order and of course there was a fee for cancelling! Go figure! If there is another charge on my bank statement I will copy it and keep all my proof that I cancelled when I did. I got involved in this scam when I ordered the Renue bracelet that is supposed to give you energy (!) for my neighbor who had no access to a computer. Well, we got the bracelets and then the hard sells started coming. You can't get off the phone with them! I lost some money from those Buyer's Club and the Travel Club that I could not afford just because I could not get off the phone and they kept calling. The phone number for the Discount Travel Leisure is [protected]. They were pretty prompt with me and at least were decent. Good Luck to everyone!

• Lh
    LHarr Nov 18, 2010

Hello Everyone: You are right about everything. However, the phone number for the Discount Travel Leisure is onthe Guide to Savings book in your packet that you received. It is [protected]. I got prompt service and the man I talked to was helpful and cancelled my contract without an argument. Good Luck!

Anthony87 Mar 09, 2011

I've been having the same problem for a few months now! I noticed my checking account was going negative near the time I was going to get another paycheck. So I finally checked my online bank statements, and I have $30 charge from discount travel!!! Who the heck are these people?!

@ dumbblonde21 Where would I go to fill out the FBI complaint form?

• Pn
    pnorman Apr 11, 2011

You can go on the website and cancel. It is www.discounttravelleisure.com, once you log in and of course you have to have your membership and information. There is a box for "My Profile" when you click on that, it shows all your information and the credit card they have on you. You can update anything you like and there is a button for cancellation. I haven't cancel mine yet but will see how the service is doing for me. BTW, did anyone ever got the free gas money they offered??

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices