DirecTVDouble billed

B Sep 09, 2020

I have been double billed since the fall of 2019. I now get 3 statements for one address. I have a total of 10 receivers. I have been billed for 20 since last October. My original billing in effect since 2010 has always had 10 receivers of which Direct Tv themselves installed. I have 2 duplex's sitting on one large lot sharing one address, one behind the other by approx 80 feet. Total of 4 units. We put new roofs on each unit in 2010 when we purchased the property and took off the 15 or so dishes sitting on them. We decided we would include tv in the rent to get away from that happening every time a new tenant came. Summer of 2019 all tv went out w no heads up. Was told different equipment was needed. Took 4 trips before the correct equipment was on site. In meantime tenants irate no tv for approx 2/3 months. We had to rebate rents to adjust for lack of tv. Had one person move out as retired and tv was all he had for entertainment. Spent over 40 hours on phone to get all up and running. Waited at property 4 different time for nothing as he constantly showed up with incorrect equipment. Finally a different guy showed up with correct receivers etc. I believe it was up and running Oct 26, 2109 FINALLY. I had always received a paper bill at my business address and paid it which I continued to do for the 10 total receivers. It was about March of 2020 that we were inputting accounting into a spread sheet for accountant to file our LLC taxes when I noticed twice monthly withdraws from our checking account. I called Direct tv and inquired what these were and was told they could not locate any charges matching those attached to our account there. Therefore I immediately called our bank to cancel the card and get another with a different account number. I assumed someone had gotten our info and it was another's account drawing off our bank. A month or so later I was again getting calls from tenants that tv was out. Some had called DTV and told me the bill was unpaid and service stopped for non payment. I assured them that not the case I have been paying the invoices. I made a call, well multiple calls, MANY MANY CALLS. Lots of my valuable time wasted by being transferred from one dept to another, business to residential, billing to customer loyalty. More than once I was on hold and disconnected after an hour or so talking to a person and thinking this was getting taken care of finally. Never a call back when disconnected even tho that is one of the questions they would verify was phone info. Finally after many calls and much frustration on my part we finally figured out what happened. From what I can put together is when the new equipment was installed a NEW SALE was initiated either by the installer or someone in billing. Instead of one bill with one account number residential it is now a separate account for ea duplex with separate account numbers under a business account with 5 receivers on each account. Therefore I was paying for the residential billing, paper, coming to the office for 10 in addition to the 2 business billings being deducted from the checking which we were unaware of. The original billing should have stopped when the other two billings started of which it did not. Therefore I have been billed and paying for 20 receiver when in fact there are only 10 total, 5 each building. Oh and by the way I continued to pay the monthly billing in 2019 when service was out thinking it was coming back on when the tech came at the next appt which were always a couple weeks apart. Big mistake on my part, having faith that someone would care enough to send correct equipment and make accounting correct. Silly me! Fast forward after multiple calls to July 24, 2020 I finally spoke with a Direct tv customer service tech who understood what happened and said they would ESCALATE the matter to a supervisor. This was a Friday. I initiated the call around 3:15, it ended with me driving home and still on phone in my drive about 8pm. I was told I was done an injustice by someone initiating a new sale at the install. I was told I would receive a call back to resolve the matter and make it correct. That the original account from 2010 would be shut off, to stop the monetary bleeding with that one which did happen btw. That in itself was a surprise. I was told to expect a call that Monday, Tuesday at the latest. That call never came. I was also told I would be getting a substantial refund, not credit, on the residential account as it should have never happened and should have been termed when the 2 new accounts started. I have yet to see a check. Purpose of this letter is to vent my frustration that this could not be resolved with a single phone call. Even 2 calls vs the many many calls with never a resolution. I would love to get a full refund for the double billing, a refund for the few months I paid while receiving zero tv and also reimbursed for the reinstate service fees when tv has gone out while we tried to figured this all out. I have went as far to inquire as to the closest DTV office I could physically go to in order to fix this. I was willing to travel and invest a full day to get this straight which in the end would really be a time safer for me. Hard to believe. If someone can please help it would be much appreciated.
The original account number which I know by heart is [protected] residential, the 2 business accounts are numbered [protected] and [protected]. Name on first account is mine, Becky Dilley. Second got set up as Becky Dirrey (of course not correct) Sale Me Properties 1 and the other Becky Dirrey Sale me Properties 2. The Sale Me is incorrect as well It should be spelled Sail Me.
Ugh. Could anything be correct!???
I can be reached at 815.326.2535 or [protected]@gmail.com
Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry for long explanation.

Regards,