Direct TV — poor quality dvr units
I have been a Direct TV customer for years. About 6 months ago or so I decided to go with the DVR service(Similar to TiVo). Since that date I have spent many hours of my time troubleshooting the units on the telephone prompt system, troubleshooting over the telephone with technical support personnel, scheduling replacement visits with technicians, meeting with the technician to replace the units, waiting weeks, yes weeks, without TV service for the technician to replace the unit, calling customer service to identify my complaints with no resolution, and I am under a contract for two years of service in which to date has worked properly only 50% of the time. When the units start failing you reset the units a few times a day, thereafter every 15 minutes to the point in which the units will not reset and even lose the ability to turn on and off or select channels or DVR programming. My experience suggests that the DVR units have a bug of some kind that requires investigation by DirectTV. If you are having issues such as this I would ask that you mail letters to the said organizational contact, Ms. Jill LaVigne Vice President of Direct TV, Office of the President, PO BOX 6550, Greenwood Village, CO 80155. I am hoping that if enough of us say we want quality service they will rapidly work on fixing the devices before installing another defective device. Direct TV has lowered the quality of service they in the past had been known for and this is not acceptable.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks!
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience!
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion
- Direct TV - someone elso opened an account with my last name and address
- Direct TV - failure to get proper credits on my bill
- Direc TV Support - very poor service
- DirecTV - no show installation
- DirecTV - new guide change