Direct TVnon disclosure of 2yr contract

D Review updated:

I called today 06/26/09 after one year of service to cancel programing and services. I was told I would be charged $240.00 for canceling a 2 year contract. I was never informed of a contract either verbal or written nor did I sign a contract. Furthermore the representative (Eric [protected]) told me he would charge the credit card on file for all outstanding charges and cancelation fees. I told him he has no authorization to charge my credit card. The online service under account details states nothing about a contract nor and expiration date. When was this disclosed to me? How am I expected to make a sound business decision without FULL DISCLOSURE? Full Disclosure is a requirement for the State of California. I would like my services disconnected and my charges refunded to me. When I ordered the services there was never a upgrade to service or equipment.

• D
      Dec 09, 2009

This is the link to file a complaint against Direct TV for charging you unauthorized charges to your account. I'm not sure what the stipulations are in regards to the contract cancellation. Good luck & God bless.