Direct Energydevil service

J

I live in the suburbs of Dallas, TX and Direct energy (after many attempts to resolved my billing issue) turned off my services. I called them and give them my very last penny to get my service turned on. I adopted a infant that has asthma. She needs her breathing machine.

I called the company and stressed to them that my electricity needs to be turned on immediately because I have this child now. The woman immediately took my money, but decided to turn in the reconnection information to the energy provider the next day (1:00 pm and I paid them at 5:30 pm on the day before). The woman claim that she put a message on the account that the child is on the premises and a rush on the reconnection is needed. I called on-cor energy all night and early in the morning. I had to go in my car and use my car to give the infant treatment in 23 degree temperature. I was only a month late. Nice company huh?

• I am a gas technician, insured and hold a. Valid license. I was out of the country and asked Direct energy to come in and service my boiler. The first installer walked out on the job when he got caught that he didn't clean the heat exchanger. The second installer with manager break my boiler and got caught using toilet brushes and fly swatters to clean my boiler. Then they shut off the heat claiming I needed a new boiler in -35 temperature. This lead to breaking my pipes, and rads in my building. Am gathering many of you who also are ripped off and are ready to file. A class action suit against this company who shouldn't exist. Please contact me as I am preparing to file very shorlty.

• In
    in the dark and freezing Aug 09, 2013

they charged me undisclosed fees and the service charges are outrageous!

• In
    in the dark and freezing Aug 09, 2013

direct energy changed the phone number on my account with out my knowledge. they called a complete stranger and gave my account information for months. the person whom they were calling even notified them of the error several times and they neither fixed it nor contacted me to verify. my electricity was turned off and when i tried to have it turned back on they wanted a fee. it was their mistake not mine, but they wanted me to pay for it!
    any other company would be better than direct energy!

joetoronto Jun 20, 2012

Direct Energy has to be THE worst company in the world. They make Rogers and Bell look good by comparison.

• Ri
    ripped by Healthgrades Apr 11, 2012

I have called Direct Energy for service, there is none. I am a No deposit required consumer. I desired service at my new home and continued service at my old home for marketing, the y never showed up, or called. Next I callagain and they are rude, some prior occupant allegedly tampered with the meter. What has that to do with me? Finally they had me fax a form, showing an account for electricity. It was with them, and they use the same account number for both. This is a seriously disorganized corporation.

J K Brittain

• Mh
    MHRBPower Jan 20, 2011

Just got a letter stating that Direct Energy just dicovered a processing error in our monthly water heater rental rate. So our December bill will include the difference between 2017 and 2017 rental rates. BUT I should be happy because they are taking steps to make sure it does not happen again.!! Also no indication of the amount they will be billing.

Evidently 25000 people are affected. They should suck it up it is their mistake

Plus the notice came after the billing went into effect.

• Kr
    kraval Feb 01, 2010

I have been renting the hot water tank (almost brand new, just 6 months old) and has stopped working. When I called Direct Energy call center, 1st time the rep gave rude reply about self help (that never worked), 2nd time when I called, the rep statrted talking weird technical jargon and later hung up delibaretly.
    Seriously thinking of challnaging their monopoly, any one who is seller of the same boat? Can some of the public forum help?
    Thanks
    KJ
    [email protected]

PS: I was trasnferred to customer care where I talked to Omar, whose attitude was equally negative, with lot of difficulty the only addtional thing i learned was his supervisor's name was Jovi.

This is what you get by pating $300 rent per year?

• Ge
    gerhard crous Jan 26, 2010

I ended my utility account sept 16 2017. Never got a ending account. Called them and asked to send the balance of the deposit after deducting any amounts owed to the address I supplied them. Now 4 months later I get a call from a collection agency that I owe Direct Energy $190 . I said that it is not possible and that in fact they have not send back the balance of the money they owe me! I paid it none the less today in fear of the claim affecting my credit. Numerous calls later today Direct Energy that they will look into the matter and if true I will get a check in 8 to 10 weeks. I am not even sure if I will get my money back from this scamming company.

• Ac
    acutabove Dec 27, 2009

Please remove the personal information then. Thanks.

Regards,
    Dave MacDonald

www.###youdirectenergy.com

357849 Dec 26, 2009

I was told by a union gas supervisor the other day that all a energy retailer has to have is your name and account number and they can put you into the system, where you are now in a contract with them. They are assumed to have done things legal. So you should not have all your personal information on here. Please look at my new site. www.###youdirectenergy.com

www.###youdirectenergy.com

• Md
    MDV Dec 11, 2009

My water heater broke today and I called Direct Energy who were able to arrange for a service call between 7 and 11 p.m. When the person arrived at 9h50, he was surprised that it was an electric water heater (although I had advised the customer service of that fact when I called) and he advised me that he could diagnose the problem (at a cost of $99) but could not fix it until the next week as Direct Energy had not installed it. Although he spoke to his supervisor on the phone, he would not allow me to ask for an explanation. When I asked why I had not been advised that the company could not fix water heaters that they had not installed he would not answer. I refused to pay and called the service line to try and get an explanation. On the first call, the customer service agent said that he could do nothing and when I asked to speak to the supervisor he again refused to speak to me. When I called back, I was told that it would be a 40 minute wait to speak to a supervisor. I am now waiting...

• Ac
    acutabove Oct 15, 2009

I received a hydro bill from Direct Energy for $610.88 for a 2-bedroom rental unit. I consider this price exorbitant. When I requested that we would like to opt out of using this utility provider going forward, they said that we can do this for an additional $540.00, which should take affect within the next one or two billing cycles! This is extortion. Any help you can provide us with would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Dave MacDonald
    Account #[protected] 5 Meter #[protected]

• Gl
    Glen255 Oct 08, 2009

Totally agree. I am looking into the problem. The scam also has me paying a cost adder of 4 cents per KWh (only for retailers). Just brutal.

• Sd
    sdpatil80 Oct 06, 2009

I have been desperately trying to follow up with Direct energy for the past 3 weeks. I am extremely disappointed with the service and the matter my case has been handled.
    In 2017 when we moved to our new house, I signed a contract with DE for my hydro. At that point in time, the representative explained the billing system and mentioned that 5 year contract is beneficial to me. I believed his statement and signed the contract for 9.65 cents/kwh + the other normal charges.
    I have compared the bill with my neighbour who has other retailer and his monthly bill is average $100 less/month as he pays tiered rates (5.65 cents up to 600 kwh and 6.6 cents after 600 kwh).
    I was shocked see this difference and also got extremely upset with DE as I felt deceived & cheated for all these 3 years.
    After knowing the facts, i requested for cancellation forms on 12th Sept. However, till date I have not received anything. I have tried my best to follow up the matter without any success.

• Jn
    Jnash Oct 06, 2009

I am having the same issue, my bills were currently approx 400.00/month and now they have gone up to between 850.00 and 1000.00/month. It's rediculous, they said I authorized it over the phone, I have never heard of a company that would get authorization over the phone and never need anything signed. It maked me worry about the seniors out there who may say yes not realizing that they would be stuck in this scam for 5 years. When I asked direct energy what it would take to get out of this they said 2700.00

NormalPerson2009 Oct 01, 2009

Let's say my story with them. On Sep.12th i called in to transfer my bill to a new address on Sep. 26th. Someone there says "Good, it will be done!" I am happy! when Sep.26th i called in . they say call epcor to make sure i can i have power on which is unusual epcor turned off the power in my new address. Lol what i know!? and they say they will make a request for me and let me wait for 1 to 5 days! OK, and i called on following monday. they say wait for it. OK, called in on Thursday. What you know!! ? suprise!!! Someone there say the request send wrong. They gonna send a request now. and let me call epcor next morning to make sure they received it???? LOL, i am sick with there customer service. when i ask them why they would not call me if there's wrong with it! ? they say they always tell the customer to call back next morning to follow up their cases. which i did not get asked! anyway! bad service ! and i will change to another billing company for sure sometimes soon!!

• Je
    Jean-Marie Heimrath Sep 16, 2009

Not a single person has returned calls after repeated messages concerning faulty workmanship that has resulted in the replace of the entire roof and interior damage to our home caused for the workmanship. This has been going on for over 3 weeks and it has become quite disturbing to see a company of this size take no responsibility or show any courtesy to return the many calls that have been made. There is no one that can be reached, executives hide, phone numbers become guarded secrets as if they are a matter of national security. This company should be put on trail for its arrogance.
    Can someone get some breathing person that has the ability to pick up a phone and deal with this problem?

Jean-Marie Heimrath

notyetfamous Sep 01, 2009

Direct Energy - Incompetent employees. My electric statement arrived on Friday, Aug. 14 (the due date), so I immediately called Direct Energy and told the rep. I wanted to pay a portion of the bill (had never asked to pay only a portion of my bill in my lifetime...was always on time). She said she would waive the $2.95 "pay by phone" and the late charge since I received my bill on the due date. I said I would pay $200.00 toward the Electric bill and the other $78.90 by the Aug. 21. On Monday the $200.00 was taken from my checking acct. We received confirmation that the $200.00 wasn't due until Aug. 21 and the remaining $78.90 was due on Sept. 21. Well, by the time Sept. 21 arrived we had received 4 disconnect notices. They all said that our electricity would be shut off if payment was not received by Sept. 4. Plus, these notices stated I had a past due balance of $81.85. Wrong!!
    After talking with a total of 3 people with Direct Energy, I talked with a supervisor who was willing to remove the $2.95 plus the late fee, but said it was all our fault that we broke the Deferred Payment Plan. It was actually the woman I talked to on Aug. 14 who never followed thru with her promises. Anyway this supervisor on Aug. 31 said that there was no way that the $2.95 could have been removed immediately, that it would take 2-3 months. Today I talked with two other people who were not any help and finally talked to another Supervisor who was very helpful (if she follows thru). She stated that the credits could have been done immediately, not in 2-3 months. (This says a lot about the knowledge of the first supervisor's knowledge of company policy, and also about the person I talked with on Aug. 14.) Now the last Supervisor states that she is turning this over to their Investigation Department and I should hear something within 24-48 hours. We shall see...stay tuned! mac

Angry Customer Mar 16, 2009

I got into the contract from Direct Energy. The said that I would be much cheaper than what we were currently paying. They reps, after a couple months gave us a quote. Now that we compare its unbelivelable. I have asked couple of times to get the reps to get a reading on the meter. But they are too busy and I always have to run around. The bills went up from $180 TO INSANE $1150 (MY HOUSE IS ONLY 1100 SQ FT). So I think this is a RIP OFF and these type of things schould be stopped. I think at times these RIP OFF companies should pay a heavy price for scamming middle class recession affected people. Who are trying to make ends meet but they have to come up with funds to pay these kinds of insane bills each and every month. We have to let the kids starve but make bill payments to keep their good credit. I think that something needs to be done!

• Br
    Brian Jan 19, 2009

Our furnace has been out since Xmas and is still out (Jan19th)!!! We have the direct energy warranty plan. They have had 9 technician through here each replacing parts here and there. Never to fix it. It took the 8th technician to figure of what the problem really was. A missing reducer plate. After waiting 5 more days for the part to come in they ended up sending the wrong part. I informed this of the situation by phone before the tech came. Of coarse you can't talk directly to there parts department. That would be to easy. So after 6 -8 calls to the upper management division I never received a return call. So the tech comes in and of coarse he doesn't fix it. So I cursed and swore to upper management once again and they decided to call another tech in to tell me that the part is no longer available. They wash there hands, shut off the gas to the furnace never to be heard of again. Great service!!! Never again!!! What I understand from talking to people in the industry that this is a common occurrence with Direct Energy. I hope they soon RIP!!