Direc TV NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3nfl sunday ticket on ps3

So this year Direct TV is selling the NFL sunday ticket on the PS3. They claim I can watch any game in HD. So I'm watching my first game and it sucks. They say you need an internet connection with over 700Kbps...just tested mine on multiple sites at over 10000 Kbps on Time Warner Cable. The information flow coming from Direct TV can't keep up. The program just stops while the info catches up. The picture is sometimes as good as standard definition TV; never better and nowhere near the HD promised. The sound is tinny sounding like it's coming from inside a large concrete room. Bottom line: Rip off!!!

ChrisTucstwo Sep 12, 2011

I actually welcome the idea that you all cancel your subscriptions. The faster more people cancel the less bogged down the service will be next Sunday.

• Gr
    grndzero73 Sep 11, 2011

the bottom line is that they should be prepared for the initial load...the fact that it happens every year make it even more unacceptable given what they expect you to pay. you're paying for a premium service and getting so the least they could do is be better prepared. new access to non-DirecTV subscribers (PS3) + offering NFL Sunday ticket free with 2yr contract...they were actually expecting more than usual use this year by these additions so there's even fewer excuses this go around.

ChrisTucstwo Sep 11, 2011

Google this issue and you will see this happens year after year. Within a week or two less people are on their online service and it settles down. It happens every season.

• Gr
    grndzero73 Sep 11, 2011

whether it's due to server overload or otherwise this service is totally unacceptable. Given the price they should be more than prepared for the load...no excuses. I was able to watch snipets of a game while it randomly switched between commercials & pre-game commentary...nice job DirecTV. BTW...DirecTV did tell me minutes ago that the problem was not isolated to PS3 customers...all subscribers are impacted. I've been told their engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue...but they don't even know what the "issue" is. basically they know little to nothing and can't really help you if you call in...we're at their mercy right now and @ $340 that's not even close to acceptable. Withing the last 6mos I got rid of my DirecTV subscription as soon as the contract term was up...I never regretted that decision and this is part of the reason why.

ChrisTucstwo Sep 11, 2011

I will concur, I just fired up Sunday ticket on my iPad and it's pretty poor quality. This happens EVERY SEASON for the first week or so because so many new people subscribe and use the system and slow it down to death. But every year this happens and ever year after a week or so, it stops and everything comes in crystal clear. I wouldn't bail out just yet. Honestly, the best way to watch this is on tv though. I have directv at home, I only use their online feed if I'm not home.

• Fo
    footballfan10 Sep 11, 2011

I agree. I have a very high speed connection with a direct connection to my modem. I called PS3 to cancel it, but they can't refund what's already been paid. So, I've been on hold with direct tv for the last 15 mins. I demand a refund for this. I paid for a service and service was not received. I had a bbq planned at my place and now everyone left. This is total crap and I will not accept this any longer.

ChrisTucstwo Sep 11, 2011

The first week can be hectic on directv's online broadcasts as a lot of people are bogging down the system. But I have watched my Sunday ticket on my iPad and cell phone all last season when I wasn't home and I had very little trouble.

• Xf
    xfactorxp Sep 11, 2011

I am experiencing the same problems and tried to restart hoping it would fix the issue. Now I cannot see anything...getting an error message that "video is not available."

• Ad
    adam2011 Sep 11, 2011

I can't connect to any channel after the first 5 minutes. Also the when watching games in the first 5 minutes it didn't always stay on the game. I was watching lions vs tampa bay and it was switching to something else just as a play was supposed to happen. I am very upset with this purchase.

• Vl
    Vladus2000 Sep 11, 2011

I'm having the same problem, I have a 30 mbit connection and it looks like crap, the sound is terrible, I need to figure out who to call to cancel this. What a total joke.

ChrisTucstwo Sep 11, 2011

So call and at least make an attempt to cancel it. It would definitely be a rip off if they don't offer some way to rectify the problem or let you cancel your subscription.